• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Not certain this belongs on this thread...but more likely than not it does...

'Squidbillies' drops lead actor after controversial posts

I've got some friends - nearly all of them liberals - who like his Unknown Hinson act. He was supposedly in the process of retiring from his Unknown Hinson gig due to health issues. Pretty stupid of him to post that crap. His claim that people like Parton supporting BLM is somehow betraying rednecks and "forsaking" her (redneck?) "race, culture, and heritage" tells you all you need to know about his mindset. Apparently he's already apologized, as they always seem to do once the backlash sets in (his Unknown Hinson facebook page has been overrun with angry criticism from Parton fans and some of his own fans.) Oh, well.

Last edited:
It’s just so hard for some people to believe that other people matter.

Having heard a number of his songs, it's pretty rich that he's going after Dolly Parton for forsaking and betraying her redneck heritage, as many of his songs ridicule and make fun of poor white trash rednecks far more than she ever has. Songs like "I Can't Believe You're Pregnant Again", "Fish Camp Woman", and "I Cleaned Out a Room in My Trailer for You" aren't exactly praising the virtues or heritage of lower-income rural whites.

Are we as a society better now that we know how Unknown Hinson feels about Parton’s feelings, or worse? Are we better knowing Parton’s feelings?

Is having all this information about other people’s feelings bringing us closer or soothing us in any way? What’s the win here?

I've got some friends - nearly all of them liberals - who like his Unknown Hinson act. He was supposedly in the process of retiring from his Unknown Hinson gig due to health issues. Pretty stupid of him to post that crap. His claim that people like Parton supporting BLM is somehow betraying rednecks and "forsaking" her (redneck?) "race, culture, and heritage" tells you all you need to know about his mindset. Apparently he's already apologized, as they always seem to do once the backlash sets in (his facebook page has been overwhelmed with angry criticism from Parton fans and some of his own fans.) Oh, well.

I have seen unknown hinson twice. His act was definitely archie bunker on steriods southern redneck, but the dude could play guitar.

Had no idea it wasn't an act. :dumb:

Word on the street, you aren’t fit to wipe his cloaca.

I’ve swabbed hundreds of cloacas as part of an avian malaria study of ruddy turnstones and part of gut microbiome evolution study for migratory sanderlings...Rubio is a gutless twerp, there is no biome, no substance worth swabbing.

Come on guys. Let's lay off of Rubio and teddy Cruz. Poor guys can't even get even get a date with juice's mom.

I’ve swabbed hundreds of cloacas as part of an avian malaria study of ruddy turnstones and part of gut microbiome evolution study for migratory sanderlings...Rubio is a gutless twerp, there is no biome, no substance worth swabbing.

Damn.

birdman the gigolo.

Are we as a society better now that we know how Unknown Hinson feels about Parton’s feelings, or worse? Are we better knowing Parton’s feelings?

Is having all this information about other people’s feelings bringing us closer or soothing us in any way? What’s the win here?

You don't think it's a good thing to know who is a good person and who is a raging racist asshole?

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

You don't think it's a good thing to know who is a good person and who is a raging racist asshole?

I know a lot of people who are glad to know this about old friends and colleagues.

There are a lot of reasons Facebook sucks but if the user experience sucks for you, it’s on you and who you know.

[video=youtube;2WuN0Qu7Fls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=146&v=2WuN0Qu7Fls&feature=emb_ logo[/video]

FYI this is Unknown Hinson doing Fish Camp Woman as a representative of what his schtick was

I guess. Remind me again how it improves my life, or the BLM (or any other) movement, to know how Rusty from 6th grade or my cousin’s husband feels about defunding the police, or how Unknown Hinson feels about anything besides entertaining me with songs. I’m trying to calculate the value of that knowledge to my greater hopes and dreams for myself and for America. I already know that there good and bad people in this world, even among the people I have known or my extended family or entertainers whose work I enjoy. Do I need this software to help me sort them into groups? If so, why? Which goal of mine does that satisfy?

I know a lot of people who are glad to know this about old friends and colleagues.

There are a lot of reasons Facebook sucks but if the user experience sucks for you, it’s on you and who you know.

Glad? Revealing that Aunt Linda is homophobic makes people glad? It seems to me it is making people fucking sad as shit, not to mention mad. It’s dividing families and fanning tension. And didn’t everyone already know from their human interaction with aunt Linda that she had some fucked up ideas? How is putting that online for the family to simmer over making everyone glad? Interesting take on the most impactful social change instrument in a generation from a sociology professor.

I think we are just learning that Uncle John’s racist rants at Thanksgiving are how he feels all the time and it’s not just that he’s had too many G and Ts.

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

So your argument is truth = bad. Gotcha.

I’ll post some examples about how Facebook has been helpful later. Again, Facebook is better if your Aunt Linda isn’t a shitty Trumper.

Well said, Cav.

Back