• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Dude at this point fuck the gop and this supportive bullshit of a fascist fuckhead. At this point all that matters is we get rid of trump, then let’s talk about all other policy. Fuck this.

End of hot take.

So, you’re anti-fascist now?

The idea that electing anyone but trump and then things will be fixed is misguided. The GOP is rotten to the core. All of them are money and power hungry gutless twerps. Not a single cloaca worth swabbing. The whole party needs to be dismantled.

I'm voting Democratic in a Presidential race this term and in a Senate race. Yet, I seem to be the most conservative voice on this board. That's a hell of an echo chamber.

^This. The base won't stop adoring him just because he lost. He'll still be the dominant figure in the party even if he loses, and he'll continue to tweet and speak incessantly and attack anyone - Republicans included - who try to criticize him. Fox News, OAN, and other right-wing media outlets will continue to beg to interview him, knowing that he'll increase their ratings and website hits. He'll still have plenty of Republicans lining up for his endorsement in the primaries. As for the Gore comparison, there is none, because Gore never had anything like the adoration and intense emotional support and blind cult following that Trump now has. If Trump does lose the election (by no means a given), it's going to be entertaining watching some Republicans try to come out and criticize him, only to be badgered back into silence by their own base.

Yep

And Gore isn’t close to being the pathological liar, megalomaniac, and extreme narcissist as Trump.

I'm voting Democratic in a Presidential race this term and in a Senate race. Yet, I seem to be the most conservative voice on this board. That's a hell of an echo chamber.

The sad reality is there’s no reasonable defense of the Republican Party.

That’s their own damned fault.

Adoration? Gore founded a channel, got a Emmy, an Oscar and a Nobel Prize. He wanted to run again, but Bush's response to 9/111 led to his December, 2002 declaration he wouldn't.

Invented the internet, was the subject of Love Story, debates, etc... He's a douche. Maybe Trump out douches him, but they both suck.

^This. The base won't stop adoring him just because he lost. He'll still be the dominant figure in the party even if he loses, and he'll continue to tweet and speak incessantly and attack anyone - Republicans included - who try to criticize him. Fox News, OAN, and other right-wing media outlets will continue to beg to interview him, knowing that he'll increase their ratings and website hits. He'll still have plenty of Republicans lining up for his endorsement in the primaries. As for the Gore comparison, there is none, because Gore never had anything like the adoration and intense emotional support and blind cult following that Trump now has. If Trump does lose the election (by no means a given), it's going to be entertaining watching some Republicans try to come out and criticize him, only to be badgered back into silence by their own base.

Lining up for his endorsement like Romney did in the 2012 primaries.

Republicans can’t defend their party in reasonable conversation. That’s how you get drive by posters who make jokes.

We’re mostly well-educated on here. Makes you wonder.

No. One person arguing against all of India, doesn't lead to a reasonable conversation.

I don't get into pissing contests about my education on anonymous internet boards.

Apparently you haven’t noticed there’s quite a lot of disputing going on hereabouts amongst the “liberals”, progressives and whatnots all perceptive enough to recognize the GOP is a cesspool.

Not exactly an echo chamber apart from this and other easily accessible realities.

That’s because all the conservatives were too twerpy to carry on confrontational discussions. They all left because they have no guts and cannot defend the undefendable. Except Lectro, the guy posted one too many q links and was kicked out. He was a pretty good representation of modern conservatism.

Adoration? Gore founded a channel, got a Emmy, an Oscar and a Nobel Prize. He wanted to run again, but Bush's response to 9/111 led to his December, 2002 declaration he wouldn't.

Invented the internet, was the subject of Love Story, debates, etc... He's a douche. Maybe Trump out douches him, but they both suck.

I'm talking about the base. The Democratic base never adored or had the intense emotional attachment to Gore the way the GOP base loves Trump now. Hell, Democrats loved Bill Clinton far more than they did Gore. One of the reasons Gore lost to Dubya was because the Dem base was never as enthusiastic about him as they were for Bill. Gore was always kind of a stiff, wooden campaigner, and he was terribly pedantic - he never had Bill's charm and gift of gab. The GOP base loves them some Donald Trump, and who is going to replace him in their affections?

Last edited:
Back