• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Pretty sure they don't care. And when Dems call them out on it, they'll just call them hypocrites.

That's what happens when your voters are rubes and your opponents can't create a narrative.

well yeah but the dems are going to take away the guns and god

I mentioned this in the wrong thread...this is what the Tenn GOP has done, bills proposed, over the last two weeks:

-"in God we trust" will be required on all non-specialty plates - to me this is a bunch of BS, waste of fucking time and just a worthless move.

- Open Carry - permits are no longer required to carry weapons on person

- Background checks for gun sales - bill to eliminate all background checks.

what could go wrong? i have always been an independent, but i am moving closer and closer to the left after this BS.

I mentioned this in the wrong thread...this is what the Tenn GOP has done, bills proposed, over the last two weeks:

-"in God we trust" will be required on all non-specialty plates - to me this is a bunch of BS, waste of fucking time and just a worthless move.

- Open Carry - permits are no longer required to carry weapons on person

- Background checks for gun sales - bill to eliminate all background checks.

what could go wrong? i have always been an independent, but i am moving closer and closer to the left after this BS.

#MAGA

Wait, Tennessee is eliminating background checks? That's possible under the federal law?

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...-case-limit-gay-marriage-legalization-n709746

AUSTIN, Texas — The Texas Supreme Court has reversed its previous ruling and will hear a Houston case that top conservatives hope will let the state limit the impact of 2015's federal legalization of gay marriage.

The state's highest civil court announced Friday it was setting arguments for March in a lawsuit seeking to halt same-sex spousal benefits that America's fourth-largest city offers municipal employees.

The all-Republican court ruled 8-1 in September not to hear the case after the U.S. Supreme Court's ruled the previous summer that gay marriage is constitutional.

But Gov. Greg Abbott, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick and state Attorney General Ken Paxton, all Republicans, filed a subsequent motion saying that the case could help Texas limit the scope of the high court ruling — and the justices reconsidered.

My state rep, a moderate R, in KS introduced legislation that would allow public universities to be exempt from concealed carry that is set to go into effect July 1. She then received a death threat on FB. Today, as there are public hearings on the bill, a republican legislator left a loaded hand gun in an education committee meaning as he stormed after discussion of Devos.

Alabama Republican Governor Robert Bentley appoints Republican Luther Strange to the newly vacated Jeff Sessions Senate Seat. Until this morning's appointment, Strange was state attorney general leading the criminal investigation into Bentley use of state funds to conduct and cover up an affair with one of his staffers. Alabama is kind of fucked up.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20170209

Alabama will always have Mississippi to look down on.

Back