• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Trump can't stand to lose, so if he does lose, he needs someone to blame. If it's close - election fraud and a rigged system. If it is not close - sounds like he's going with Republicans. Which puts Republicans currently in races in a tough spot. If you shun Trump, you may lose the votes of the Trump supporters. Embrace him, and you may lose the votes of moderates.

Pat Toomey has gone the "do neither" route, which is effective but only works if Trump doesn't notice you.

Trump signs have quietly started to disappear from my neighborhood and I'm certain they were not stolen

I think HRC might prefer a Freedom Caucus Speaker. Ryan can't work with her anyway and she'd look better going against those idiots all the time instead of someone of Ryan's intelligence and stature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol

Kansas Ends Bad Economic News by Not Reporting It

Drucker is no longer with us; if he were, he might want to have a few words with Republican Governor Sam Brownback of Kansas. Brownback, despite promising to measure the results of a “real life experiment” in cutting taxes, has decided to cancel a quarterly report on the status of the state’s economy.

Although Brownback’s spokeswoman said “a lot of people were confused by the report,” no one has been fooled. The problem was that the reports didn’t match the governor’s predictions for the state’s soon-to-be-booming economy. Local news media, including the Topeka Capital-Journal and the Kansas City Star, flagged the abandonment of the reports as evidence not only of policy failure, but as an attempt to hide that fact from the public.

If it was the will of the people for a certain justice to be appointed, the people would vote for that justice.

Harvard polling shows HRC has a 28 point lead (49 to 21) vs Trump among millenials. HRC support among millenials exceeds Obama 2008 and 2012 in 18-24, 25-29, college grads, non-college grads, male, and female. Millenials don't like HRC, so they checked out Gary Johnson and ultimately settled for Hillary since Johnson fucked up and Trump is a disaster. Survey Monkey put out an EC map of only millenial voters and Trump's EC total was 23 (4 or 5 states-WV, KY, WY, ID, and MT).

GOP can blame it entirely on Trump, but HRC sucks and they need a comprehensive policy reset on inclusiveness (minorities and LGBTs) and social policies. An aging, dying (literally and figuratively), regional rural party can't survive by having their base be overtaken by younger voters who are repulsed by their candidates and policies.

Harvard polling shows HRC has a 28 point lead (49 to 21) vs Trump among millenials. HRC support among millenials exceeds Obama 2008 and 2012 in 18-24, 25-29, college grads, non-college grads, male, and female. Millenials don't like HRC, so they checked out Gary Johnson and ultimately settled for Hillary since Johnson fucked up and Trump is a disaster. Survey Monkey put out an EC map of only millenial voters and Trump's EC total was 23 (4 or 5 states-WV, KY, WY, ID, and MT).

GOP can blame it entirely on Trump, but HRC sucks and they need a comprehensive policy reset on inclusiveness (minorities and LGBTs) and social policies. An aging, dying (literally and figuratively), regional rural party can't survive by having their base be overtaken by younger voters who are repulsed by their candidates and policies.

They did a segment on the issue this morning on Morning Joe with Kristen Soltis Anderson. She said that Republicans are on the verge of losing an entire generation of voters. Joe agreed saying that the kids aren't going to flock to a Ted Cruz or Mike Pence.

They did a segment on the issue this morning on Morning Joe with Kristen Soltis Anderson. She said that Republicans are on the verge of losing an entire generation of voters. Joe agreed saying that the kids aren't going to flock to a Ted Cruz or Mike Pence.

Same segment I saw. Given those numbers, kinda surprised Bernie and Warren haven't made more swing state college town appearances. Should conduct them in connection with early voting.

The Trump, Rudy, Newt OWG attack squad surely doesn't help as the face of Trump's campaign.

GOP loses again in 2020 with Pence or Cruz and the same policies. Can see why Rubio was considered a threat and Dems may have made a mistake not spending more in FL specifically against Rubio. May come back to bite them in 2020. Palin and Bachmann didn't help them with women and Cain and Carson didn't help them with Blacks. Rand Paul wasn't the answer. Need a younger version of Weld with libertarian social policies, hopefully a woman or minority.

In 2020, the alt-right will push a few young rich assholes in the Trump vein who will have a few years of media exposure thanks to Trump/Breitbart TV.

The question will be if that leads to alt-right in-fighting or will they coalesce quicker than the establishment will around Rubio, Haley, and others.

In 2020, the alt-right will push a few young rich assholes in the Trump vein who will have a few years of media exposure thanks to Trump/Breitbart TV.

The question will be if that leads to alt-right in-fighting or will they coalesce quicker than the establishment will around Rubio, Haley, and others.

What is a little frightening is the idea that there will likely be alt-right contenders trying to challenge each other from their right flank. How far does that go?

What is a little frightening is the idea that there will likely be alt-right contenders trying to challenge each other from their right flank. How far does that go?

Sacrificing chickens on live television.

Decent chance Neagen is the nominee in 2020.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mark-kirk-tammy-duckworth_us_5812b694e4b0390e69cf47d0

[h=1]GOP Senator Makes Distasteful Remark About His War-Hero Opponent’s Ancestry[/h]

Duckworth was born in Thailand to an U.S. Marine father and a Thai mother of Chinese descent. Duckworth and her family moved to the U.S. when she was a teenager. She went on to join the military and served in the Iraq War, where she lost both legs and earned a Purple Heart, among other commendations.
“There’s been members of my family serving in uniform on my father’s side going back to the Revolution,” Duckworth said, adding that she is a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
“I’m proud of both my father’s side and my mother, who is an immigrant,” Duckworth said.

“I forgot that your parents came all the way from Thailand to serve George Washington,” Kirk said in the debate at the University of Illinois Springfield.

Not the worst thing they've done to her this cycle.

GOP%20mailer

I got a nice mailer the other day reminding me that a vote for Johnson was a vote for Trump

Perhaps change the thread title to DEM Debacle Thread? Will they ever recover, or is this a mandate for the next 20 years? (That is a joke....the political pendulum always swings, but it is humorous to watch people forget that).

Back