• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

277301668_1905250672995273_614793144939426542_n.jpg

So gay marriage is an abomination, but child marriage is A-OK. Sounds about right for the Trumpite GOP.

So gay marriage is an abomination, but child marriage is A-OK. Sounds about right for the Trumpite GOP.

Clarence Thomas will hold on until he gets to vote for this.

I don’t know why Democrats don’t run on Republicans being pro-child bride.

I'm a little slow, so could someone explain what they want the bill to do exactly?

What does creating a separate privileged class of marriage for heterosexuals mean, in practice?

I'm a little slow, so could someone explain what they want the bill to do exactly?

What does creating a separate privileged class of marriage for heterosexuals mean, in practice?

I've linked an article below about the bill. It establishes a common-law marriage between "one man and one woman" exclusively, but without any minimum age requirement.

Link: https://www.wkrn.com/news/tennessee-politics/a-get-out-of-jail-free-card-gop-bill-would-eliminate-age-requirements-for-marriages-in-tennessee/

I've linked an article below about the bill. It establishes a common-law marriage between "one man and one woman" exclusively, but without any minimum age requirement.

Link: https://www.wkrn.com/news/tennessee...-age-requirements-for-marriages-in-tennessee/

This is the first stage of the process that ends with us being horrified and the legal eagle Republicans of the world saying, "But it's legal" while pointing to some 5-4 or 6-3 "state's rights" SCOTUS decision.

Last edited:

My first question is "should there be a protected class of marriage?" Second might be "is there any reason other than some religious tradition being anti gay to make laws against gay people. (AKA fellow Americans)

This is the first stage of the process that ends with us being horrified and the legal eagle Republicans of the world saying, "But it's legal" while pointing to some 5-4 or 6-3 "state's rights" SCOTUS decision.

But the child sex trafficking globalist CRT Democrats!!!!

Does CPAC meet quarterly? Seems like it’s always going on.

So according to the Trumpite Right public school teachers are now just these monstrous beings who are brainwashing white kids with CRT to hate themselves, sneaking banned books by wicked people like Ruby Bridges into their lesson plans, and now they're grooming little kids to be ghey and lezbian and transgender and just need a good thrashing by right-wing parents. What's next - claiming they're teaching witchcraft and having students make ritual blood sacrifices?

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy/Sedition

LOL. Seems like the only card Republicans have nowadays is to claim anyone who calls out their bullshit is a pedophile.

Last edited:
[h=1]Virginia GOP Official Won’t Resign After Calling Lloyd Austin and Democratic Leaders ‘Ni***rs,’ Suggested They Get a ‘Lynching’[/h]https://www.mediaite.com/politics/david-dietrich-refuses-to-resign-over-lloyd-austin-comments/

The post attributed to Hampton, Virginia Electoral Board Chair David Dietrich was added to the platform in February 2021 and is just coming into public view for some reason.

The post appeared to be prompted by an effort by Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, to expunge White supremacists and other far-right elements in the United States military.
Dietrich specifically mentioned Austin, who is Black, and claimed the measure was in fact a plot “to remove conservative, freedom-loving Americans from the roles.”
He added, “These so-called ‘leaders’ are so vile and racist, there’s no way to describe them other than in terms their own people understand. They are nothing more than dirty, stinking ni***rs.
“We are being forced into a corner by these enemies of the People. If it is a civil war they want, they will get it in spades. Perhaps the best way to pull us back from the brink is a good public lynching.”

Back