• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Crazy that so many Republicans would support a non-Republican
e3cfc275ef69ad4b746b1b2d38807e5e.jpg

Either there is a large group of Republicans who didn't vote for Trump or he has low approval among Republicans who didn't vote for Trump.

The Ratio in action:

The Ratio in action:

Dumb tweet on so many levels. Lots of birds look and walk like ducks: cormorants, loons, grebes, coots, geese, etc. What a dumb ass. Also, Government waste?... don't wet pay this asshole's salary for the time it took him to take the picture and write this stupid tweet exhibiting his total lack bird knowledge.

Clearly he was saying it was his #1 priority.

Who voted for Clinton and thinks he's doing a good job?

I mean what things has Donald done that would make you think "well I didn't support him at the time of the election but I really like what he's bringing to the table now!"

That house has to be worth many times the mortgage he took.

Plus, why is he paying that much in mortgage payments? It should be way less.

Who voted for Clinton and thinks he's doing a good job?

I mean what things has Donald done that would make you think "well I didn't support him at the time of the election but I really like what he's bringing to the table now!"

I could see some moderate Wall Street types that could have gone either way and like how the markets are doing.

A (mostly) good story out of Alabama!

Alabama governor to sign law giving thousands of felons their right to vote back

As it turned out, Alabama had been disenfranchising felons using a century-old, discriminatory provision which states that “no person convicted of a felony of moral turpitude” should be permitted to vote. But the state had never officially defined what constituted such a crime, leaving it up to individual registrars to make that decision themselves.

Glasgow’s drug charge, he learned, was not necessarily a crime of “moral turpitude,” so he and thousands of other Alabama citizens had been wrongfully turned away from the polls for decades. After realizing the scope of the problem, Glasgow became one of the most prominent faces in the fight to get the state to explain what the vague phrase means.

Republican governors over the years have tried to use the vagueness of the “moral turpitude” clause to restrict even more voters. In 2008, former Gov. Bob Riley (R) decided to add hundreds of crimes, including misdemeanors like attempted arson, possession of burglary tools and flag burning to the list of crimes that bar a person from voting. Riley’s list included roughly 480 crimes, while the Administrative Office of the Courts kept the number at just 70, creating massive confusion.

The list of felonies included in the bill also does not include things like public corruption and fraud, crimes which are “typically considered to be the crimes closely associated with voting eligibility,” she said. Unsurprisingly, those crimes generally have less of a racial slant than others.

Multnomah County GOP chair James Buchal, however, told the Guardian that recent street protests had prompted Portland Republicans to consider alternatives to “abandoning the public square”.

“I am sort of evolving to the point where I think that it is appropriate for Republicans to continue to go out there,” he said. “And if they need to have a security force protecting them, that’s an appropriate thing too.”

Asked if this meant Republicans making their own security arrangements rather than relying on city or state police, Buchal said: “Yeah. And there are these people arising, like the Oath Keepers and the Three Percenters.”

Asked if he was considering such groups as security providers, Buchal said: “Yeah. We’re thinking about that. Because there are now belligerent, unstable people who are convinced that Republicans are like Nazis.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...attack-republican-james-buchal-militia-groups

Back