• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

More evidence of the GOP's move to the Party of Stupid.

DEYfqdZW0AApuND.jpg:large

Well you don't go to college to be a coal miner and that's the number one American job.

House Democrat accuses Paul Ryan of stripping war authorization repeal in "dead of night"

Her bill, which lawmakers unexpectedly wrapped into the spending bill in June, would have repealed the 2001 AUMF and required that Congress pass a new AUMF to provide the authority for the U.S. to fight against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS). President Trump has been relying on the 2001 AUMF for this purpose, as did his predecessor, former President Obama. Many lawmakers, however, have said that it's outdated and doesn't reflect the current conflicts the U.S. is involved with overseas.

Ryan, however, told Real Clear Politics that the attachment of the amendment was a mistake.

"There's a right way to deal with this, and an appropriations bill I don't think is the right way to deal with this," Ryan said. "What matters to me is that we don't undercut the military, and whatever we do, we don't put ourselves, meaning the military, in a disadvantageous position."

Even though the amendment passed out of the House Appropriations Committee, Republicans on the Rules panel took out her provision late Wednesday and replaced it with a proposal from Rep. Tom Cole, R-Oklahoma. Rather than repealing the old AUMF and requiring passage of a new AUMF, Cole's measure just directs the president to provide to Congress a strategy and budgetary analysis of what is needed to defeat the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), al Qaeda and the Taliban.

This is fucking ridiculous. What an embarrassment. Watch the full video.

Seems like they aren't accepting the outcome of the election.

In a Cruel Summer for the G.O.P., ‘Things Are Starting to Feel Incoherent’

"Things are starting to feel incoherent,” said Senator Bob Corker, Republican of Tennessee, reflecting on the health care efforts, which have turned many Republican senators against one another as efforts to negotiate the future of the Medicaid program have caused large rifts.
With no small measure of understatement, Mr. Corker conceded, “There’s just not a lot of progress happening.”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/20/us/politics/republican-health-care-senate.html?referer=

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...bamacare-Aaron-Burr-Susan-Collin-11339828.php

GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold of Texas is angry with some fellow Republicans in the Senate who are balking at parts of legislation to overturn "Obamacare." After GOP promises to repeal the law, that "is just repugnant to me," he says.
Who's to blame?
"Some of the people that are opposed to this, there are some female senators from the Northeast," Farenthold said.
And it's a good thing they're women, according to the congressman from Corpus Christi.

"If it was a guy from south Texas, I might ask them to step outside and settle this Aaron Burr-style," he said. That was a reference to the 1804 firearms duel in which Vice President Aaron Burr killed former Treasury Secretary Alexander Hamilton

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread

See that's funny because gun violence is hilarious especially politicians killing each other.

Last edited:
Remember that time one of the republican reps was shot, that was like what couple decades ago, oh nope few weeks ago.

I never understand how gun rights advocates would ID the shooter if people out of a uniform drew their guns to shoot the shooter at the same time.

Back