• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Looks like these morons will finally fill the speaker chair.

where does this merry-go-round stop? There is not a single pub that is going to garner enough votes without some people making some concessions… which isn’t going to happen. Bring in an outsider? Dubya? Trump? The bones of Reagan ?

I saw a comment that even when the speaker is finally elected that any negotiation with the White House and Senste starts with knowing they have nothing to stand on and can’t make any assurances or deals. So essentially everything is fucked.

It never surprises me how out of touch the Pubs are with the majority (barely) of Americans.
Mike Johnson (R-La); can ya get any more right wing, religious’s conservative, nationwide anti- abortionist’s, lets overturn the 2020 election, dude. Has to be the dumbest collection of politicians ever assembled in the last two centuries.

Now think of the people that keep voting for them despite knowing what assholes they are. But, Hillary ran for office with a vagina and they've been out of their minds about it for years.

anybody who lives in one of those plus biden districts that have a pub as a representative are about to be hit with a barrage of ads that feature: voted to overturn the election. signed on to the texas brief to overturn 4 states election results. national abortion ban. national don't say gay law. voted against gay marriage.
Could not have found a guy more out of tune with the american public if they tried (well, maybe Jim Jordan).

anybody who lives in one of those plus biden districts that have a pub as a representative are about to be hit with a barrage of ads that feature: voted to overturn the election. signed on to the texas brief to overturn 4 states election results. national abortion ban. national don't say gay law. voted against gay marriage.
Could not have found a guy more out of tune with the american public if they tried (well, maybe Jim Jordan).
Yeah, if the Democrats are smart (I know, I know) they'll wrap this guy around the necks of every vulnerable GOP House member in next year's elections, and there's a good number of them.

Now think of the people that keep voting for them despite knowing what assholes they are. But, Hillary ran for office with a vagina and they've been out of their minds about it for years.

Yep, and that black guy in the oval office really got their madness going.

Still doesn’t explain why she wasn’t there. Now I’m curious.
Given this guy's background, I'm wondering how long it will take before some enterprising reporter learns and publicizes something about his private life that is completely contrary to his stated religious beliefs - the next Jerry Falwell, Jr. or Dennis Hastert.

Back