• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

So after much planning over the weekend, 8 potential candidates, 4 rounds of voting and backdoor dealing, we have a Republican nominee for Speaker of the House who within 20 minutes was told he would never get the votes. And so we begin again.

(Think its been posted but if not)

Here in VA a woman running for office was outed for performing sex on a cam site with her husband.

The republicans ousted her. The Washington Post did not bet the GQP actor that gave them the story. Now the VA GQP has sent mailers to her district with naked picture screen shots of her video WITH HER HUSBAND. That's illegal and no kid is gonna say, well, parents aren't home from work. I'll open this and they'll never know. Thanks for grooming our kids pubs.

(Think its been posted but if not)

Here in VA a woman running for office was outed for performing sex on a cam site with her husband.

The republicans ousted her. The Washington Post did not bet the GQP actor that gave them the story. Now the VA GQP has sent mailers to her district with naked picture screen shots of her video WITH HER HUSBAND. That's illegal and no kid is gonna say, well, parents aren't home from work. I'll open this and they'll never know. Thanks for grooming our kids pubs.
10 posts prior to yours

It’s almost like our government is paralyzed by people who don’t want government to work. They’ll do anything except work a deal with Democrats.

What do you mean? All they’re asking is for Democrats to elect a speaker of the house who openly denies that the sitting president won a free and fair election, just so the Republicans can quit looking incompetent. Sounds like halfway to me.

I saw "Electoral College" was trending on Twitter and it's primarily conservative sites claiming Emmer wants to abolish the Electoral College and Dems are going to support him.

So after much planning over the weekend, 8 potential candidates, 4 rounds of voting and backdoor dealing, we have a Republican nominee for Speaker of the House who within 20 minutes was told he would never get the votes. And so we begin again.
Oh, man, I really thought they'd do it this time.

Ok Lucy, set the football up again.

Just give the job to Boebert and be done with these shenanigans.

Powell not sounding very contrite or remorseful on her social media. Has she gone back on the deal that fast?

Back