• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

I thought for one moment, turns out most of our fighting has resulted in territory gains

i think he's claiming, with some shaky accuracy, that the United Statess has not historically gone to war specifically to acquire territory.

whether annexation was a side effect? hmm.... lots of "police actions" like Cuba and the Phillippeans when the US and other world powers were winding down the age of colonizing and finding locations to bunker their new fancy coal powered navies

We must have had a lot of Americans to bury after all that fighting with the native Americans.

Y'all are forgetting taking over Hawaii was not WAR. Makes ya wonder.

I will say it ain't nothing that the western allies didn't formally annex parts of the axis territories, though, after WWII. Permanent military bases notwithstanding.

I will say it ain't nothing that the western allies didn't formally annex parts of the axis territories, though, after WWII. Permanent military bases notwithstanding.
France gained territory. Germany ceded territory. Italy ceded territory. Poland got territory. The Soviet Union gained lots of territory.

France gained territory. Germany ceded territory. Italy ceded territory. Poland got territory. The Soviet Union gained lots of territory.

i don't count the soviet union as a western ally but sure, the dumb trades of traditional buffer zones between germany and france argue the point.

GOP, thy name is projection. Yet another traditional family values power couple gets caught in a three-way "consensual" relationship that ends in charges of rape and sexual assault. The fact that his wife is one of the founders of Moms for Liberty is just icing on the cake. No wonder she wants to ban books up through high school that contain anything even mildly sexual, as it sounds like she and her husband know all about unusual relationships. Shades of the Falwells here.

Back