• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

If you want to see a good list of what the GOP/Religious Right's endgame looks like, this is a good place to start. Dude is a diehard Baptist and former Trump Administration staffer. Judging from his twitter feed, he's obsessed with ending no-fault divorce nationwide.

Dems need to go all in making abortion a men’s issue too.

Make it a choice between abortion or child support. That would bring a lot of young men off the sidelines to vote.

I’d like to see a series of ads tackling abortion from men’s perspectives in situations where he’s part of the choice or supports the choice of an abortion.

A 19 year finding out his girlfriend is pregnant and neither one is ready to be a parent.

A bro getting a text from the ex he broke up with six weeks ago.

A dad with three kids whose vasectomy didn’t take.

A newlywed finding out about a fetus with birth defects.

If you want to see a good list of what the GOP/Religious Right's endgame looks like, this is a good place to start. Dude is a diehard Baptist and former Trump Administration staffer. Judging from his twitter feed, he's obsessed with ending no-fault divorce nationwide.

Wouldn't the end of no-fault divorce just lead to an increase in faults for divorce?

Aren’t there extensive waiting periods and many additional hoops you have to jump through if you end no-fault divorce? I think it makes it extremely difficult for woman to leave, as in requires a very specific narrow set of circumstances as well as the exhaustion of a check list of things.

Aren’t there extensive waiting periods and many additional hoops you have to jump through if you end no-fault divorce? I think it makes it extremely difficult for woman to leave, as in requires a very specific narrow set of circumstances as well as the exhaustion of a check list of things.
Making it extremely difficult for a woman to get a divorce is no doubt the end goal of eliminating no-fault divorce. The guy is basically arguing in his tweet that womenfolk need to be kept married, barefoot, and pregnant, just like in the good ole days. Turning back the clock ("restore") as much as possible is what they're all about.

I also think you'll just see a decline in marriage rates in the first place. Turns out, people don't want to be locked into shitty relationships, who knew?!?!

I think a decline in marriages rates are coming regardless. Marriage just isn't as necessary or attractive of an option nowadays for a variety of reasons.

Making it extremely difficult for a woman to get a divorce is no doubt the end goal of eliminating no-fault divorce. The guy is basically arguing in his tweet that womenfolk need to be kept married, barefoot, and pregnant, just like in the good ole days. Turning back the clock ("restore") as much as possible is what they're all about.

Yep... it is all about making it difficult for the woman to leave.

Back