• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Noem canceled an appearance on everyone's favorite show, GUTFELD !

man, I'd love a gossip report on her fuming while on her disastrous press tour this week. like how pissed she is in the back of the SUV driving around NYC from studio to studio
We're witnessing a full politician meltdown on social media and television. Her PR team must be pulling their hair out.

They're learning it's not easy to be shameless like Trump.

They're learning it's not easy to be shameless like Trump.
I mean if she actually wanted to be like Trump, she should respond to outrage about her crazy statements by just saying more crazy shit. Not by hysterically fighting that she is actually right about this.

Trump gets away with it because by the time most of us process the crazy thing he said, he has already said 3 crazier things. If Noem had just moved on and said that windmills kill birds and that we should nuke hurricanes then nobody would even remember the dog

Trump has been in the media spotlight since the 80s. There are people seeing this story who have never heard of Kristi Noem. These pretenders lack the experience that an experienced bullshitter has.

Trump has been in the media spotlight since the 80s. There are people seeing this story who have never heard of Kristi Noem. These pretenders lack the experience that an experienced bullshitter has.
And, because of that spotlight, the Apprentice, etc., Trump already has a brand.

These folks gaining the spotlight in the time of Trump are establishing their brand now - so the bat shit craziness trying to appeal to Trumpites becomes the defining feature/brand of DeSantis, Norm, MTG et al.

It's also crazy that this isn't some random story that came out. It's a story because she put it in her book! She didn't have to do that, she chose to! I realize these politicians aren't sure what exactly makes people love Trump so much despite the awful things he says, but it's kind of wild that she and the people around her thought this would be a good anecdote to share. (And her furious attempts to change the subject on the friendliest of news outlets just shows the level of miscalculation.)

I mean if she actually wanted to be like Trump, she should respond to outrage about her crazy statements by just saying more crazy shit. Not by hysterically fighting that she is actually right about this.

Trump gets away with it because by the time most of us process the crazy thing he said, he has already said 3 crazier things. If Noem had just moved on and said that windmills kill birds and that we should nuke hurricanes then nobody would even remember the dog
Windmills do kill birds. Lots of them. They do not, however, give you ear cancer.

It's also crazy that this isn't some random story that came out. It's a story because she put it in her book! She didn't have to do that, she chose to! I realize these politicians aren't sure what exactly makes people love Trump so much despite the awful things he says, but it's kind of wild that she and the people around her thought this would be a good anecdote to share. (And her furious attempts to change the subject on the friendliest of news outlets just shows the level of miscalculation.)
And this story isn't the only embarrassing thing to be included in the book. She also lists all of the world leaders she claims to have met, but it turns out that she never met North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un to "size him up" as she claims. Her PR team blamed her ghostwriter for the false information and said it would be removed from future editions of the book. One wonders how many other meetings she supposedly had with world leaders that never happened.

Last edited:

This made me bust out laughing because its true.

And, because of that spotlight, the Apprentice, etc., Trump already has a brand.

These folks gaining the spotlight in the time of Trump are establishing their brand now - so the bat shit craziness trying to appeal to Trumpites becomes the defining feature/brand of DeSantis, Norm, MTG et al.
The brand is also wealth. That point really shouldn’t be glossed over in the prosperity gospel era. Wealth = morality.

If Trump really wanted to divert attention from the Stormy Daniels testimony, he would announce the VP pick now.

Noem read the Kim Jong Un passage for the audiobook before blaming the ghostwriter for putting it in.

If Trump really wanted to divert attention from the Stormy Daniels testimony, he would announce the VP pick now.

I thought the same thing. But there’s more to be gained from having a dozen surrogates all over media as “potential VP nominees.”

Saw where Cruz was on Hannity last night and he was like it's not breaking news Trump isn't celibate, we knew about the affair. But what this trial presupposes is, what if Trump didn't want you to know about it?

so is her story supposed to be that when she was being interviewed by the ghostwriter, she told them of all the leaders she met, including Kim, but don't put any names in "because I don't discuss my conversations with world leaders." then the writer put it in anyway?

she's acting all offended that anyone brought this and the dog story up. but it's not in response to an investigative article, it's stuff "she" said herself!

Someone pointed out that her oldest child is 17 and she’s claiming this happened 20 years ago.

Back