• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say the new Black men polling against Biden or for Trump aren’t like Byron Donalds. The Donalds types were already in the party.

At this point I'm all for Donald picking Noem as his running mate. Of course his cult would excuse her affinity for killing dogs (and goats) even if she took a pistol and the world's cutest puppy and blew its brains out on national television, but the rest of the electorate and legions of dog lovers will make her a real liability in the November election. Which is why he will almost certainly pick someone else for VP.

Yeah. Noem is another example of someone trying to be Trump or impress Trump but failing to understand what makes Trump Trump.

If you can't handle the likes of Stuart Varney throwing you softballs, then your chances to be a national candidate are likely done.

So many of these Republican governors look good on paper until they get a little bit of national media scrutiny.
Probably because they rule states that are so heavily Republican and the Democrats are so weak and ineffective they never have to deal with much adversity and they get used to getting their way, and in many of these states they just ignore any local or state media that doesn't already support them. So when they reach the national stage and finally start getting some blowback and tough questions they're simply unprepared to deal with it and they're so thin-skinned they treat even mild setbacks as a personal affront.

has Noem had a single interview that has gone even slightly well? Every clip I see of her, she is just lighting herself on fire . Even on this fox business show. She is not even in the same time zone as reality at this point.

Probably because they rule states that are so heavily Republican and the Democrats are so weak and ineffective they never have to deal with much adversity and they get used to getting their way, and in many of these states they just ignore any local or state media that doesn't already support them. So when they reach the national stage and finally start getting some blowback and tough questions they're simply unprepared to deal with it and they're so thin-skinned they treat even mild setbacks as a personal affront.

Right. We went through this with DeSantis.

has Noem had a single interview that has gone even slightly well? Every clip I see of her, she is just lighting herself on fire . Even on this fox business show. She is not even in the same time zone as reality at this point.
She got pretty crushed on Newsmax too. If you've lost those folks, maybe you should just stay off TV.

Pretty surprising that animal abuse is the ‘bridge too far’ for these people, but I’ll take it.

Pretty surprising that animal abuse is the ‘bridge too far’ for these people, but I’ll take it.
Is it really though? The cult is about trump not any sort of ideas or principles. His lackies (especially the women) have been pretty easy to get under the bus. This "movement" has always been about one person both in the eyes of the leader and the followers.

Yet where I live there are all kinds of rednecks chaining up their dogs in the yard every day or just letting them roam free and always posting on the local FB group wondering if anyone’s seen ‘em

trump and I are very similar. Liar? Yep. Grifter? Yep. Insurrectionist foe profit? Uh huh. The real difference is he just threated to shoot someone on 5th Avenue. I actually shot a dog that was annoying me. We should do that with the libs amiright?
-kn probs

How are right-wingers responding to her threatening to kill Biden’s dog?

Bragging about killing a puppy may not have politically wise, but if you are a Republican. doubling down once you have made that decision is the only option. Backtracking is a death sentence.

As a mother, you had to protect your kids from their natural threats, puppies and smelly goats.

i thought republicans were against late term abortions...even 14 months old.

i kid, i kid...

Noem canceled an appearance on everyone's favorite show, GUTFELD !

man, I'd love a gossip report on her fuming while on her disastrous press tour this week. like how pissed she is in the back of the SUV driving around NYC from studio to studio

Back