• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Boca Raton 70
Yakima 43

An interesting score, but looking at Yakima they haven't allowed a team to score 80 points all regular season. (81, 82 in exhibition) The Storm held the Eloi to their lowest scoring total this year including exhibition.

As a team, Boca forced 11 steals, 2 blocks and 13 turnovers. Erin Atkins led scorers with 22 points while Cochran and Truong combined for 14 of the 34 Boca rebounds.

Great news recruiting wise as Victor Slone is now a CL giving us 2 verbals.

Devin Cook (9) 4/4
Sang Vinci (36) 2/2 - effectively 1/1 vs Philly
Charles Lomonaco (4) 5/5
Victor Slone CL
Scott Free CL

This relieves a little pressure as we need to land just 1 of the 3 ties to keep from getting a walk on this cycle.

Damn, Flagstaff got "Cason'ed" tonight as Boyd Cason put up a cool 46 (8-12 from 3 nbd) points in 28 minutes of play. I did call that though so I should get props haha. Had pretty solid games from several guys but my SG's combined to go 10-29 which was the ball game. Good game Carbondale, I think your worries of making the NTT are severally overplayed haha.

I certainly didn't expect a 20 point win. Cason is just pure filth. He leads League 7 in points and steals at the moment and has really taken to the PG position. I'm hoping we're not at risk of becoming too reliant on him, but then again, how can you not be.

Recruiting isn't great as my pool is down to five and no one is clear. I'm 8 RPE behind the guy who is against the local pref on a PG prospect. I'm 1/2 on Santiago Fawbush and my maxes are still 3/3, 2/2, and 1/1. No one else in my net is within reach.

Back to collecting scalps for Frankfort as we beat an untested, highly ranked Washington team 75-64. Elmer Custis led all scorers with 25 pts on 11/17 shooting. Eric Bateman with 5 assists, and Eveland with 13 pts (a little better than he gave me as a starter) in 11 mins at bPG.

No change in recruiting for maxes:
Hatton 6/6
Faulk 2/2
Neal 3/3

Got a CL on Edrick Sweeney, who seems to be a classic bPG like Sr Eveland. He can score much better than defend; can provide assists, but also TO prone so his ratio is low. Hopefully in limited minutes he can shoot or dish successfully before committing TO's.

I pursued the player who I expected to be maxed although I had a tie instead of a lead. The player is Anthony Poteat. With that last name, he's gotta sign with a Deac coach, right? Like Sweeney, and hopefully like Pedigo (learning my lesson), he's a scorer first and a defender...eventually. I'm 1/1 with New Haven.

If I don't sign a max (in a drought here), I'm playing Prosser-ball and trying to simply outscore people.

I certainly didn't expect a 20 point win. Cason is just pure filth. He leads League 7 in points and steals at the moment and has really taken to the PG position. I'm hoping we're not at risk of becoming too reliant on him, but then again, how can you not be.

Recruiting isn't great as my pool is down to five and no one is clear. I'm 8 RPE behind the guy who is against the local pref on a PG prospect. I'm 1/2 on Santiago Fawbush and my maxes are still 3/3, 2/2, and 1/1. No one else in my net is within reach.

DIV - right now i am W3 with you on Fawbush but i now have 1 CL and 1 guy 0/2 and another 0/1. right now i have him closer to the bottom of my list, so you might be better with him than you think.

i will be taking Schott (CL) and Henry (0/2) without a doubt unless i land both of my ties (5/5 and 3/3)...but believe me, my hopes on that happening are as good as WFU winning the ACC championship. i have to check and see if i like Fawbush more than my 0/1 guy.

Another game, another easy win over a bad team for Fargo. We only need 1 more win to equal last year's squad and 3 to guarantee Fargo's first winning record in 10+ seasons.

It looks like I'm more or less set up recruiting-wise. I have CLs on Campos and Branden McDonald, a decent big who I won't like nearly as much if his shooting drops. I'll also almost certainly see Jim Gardner and Calvin Jung to the end, both look like 1/1's where I'll have at least ok prefs. I have a couple of other guys in the net in good shape who I'll try to keep on w/ what I have in the bank and what I can skim off my clears. No world-beaters but I should get 3 guys who should equal a big boost, at least +/- wise, over my +5/-4 sr class.

DIV - right now i am W3 with you on Fawbush but i now have 1 CL and 1 guy 0/2 and another 0/1. right now i have him closer to the bottom of my list, so you might be better with him than you think.

i will be taking Schott (CL) and Henry (0/2) without a doubt unless i land both of my ties (5/5 and 3/3)...but believe me, my hopes on that happening are as good as WFU winning the ACC championship. i have to check and see if i like Fawbush more than my 0/1 guy.

We came close to winning the ACC championship in Football! I assume you meant bball though. :)

We came close to winning the ACC championship in Football! I assume you meant bball though. :)

unfortunately yes, i did mean bb...good win this weekend though!

dearborn lost a close one to 10-2 Oakland, 87-85. i am ready for next season and start replacing some of my players for ones that i think can be solid contributors. i have to rely on Coyne, Clanton and James for all of my scoring this season and any of them can put up bad games...it's like gambling! this team needs a lot of work!

I'm not looking forward to next season due to Atkins, Poisson and Gonzalez being seniors. Next season's recruiting class is going to have a lot to live up too. I doubt I get anything close to the +17 class they will have to replace. On the other hand, it will be fun watching what records the trio break next season. Being unsure about this year's class, next season's is going to be key.

Atkins is 141 pts from breaking into the top 10 Boca scorers. Poisson is 347 pts from the top 10 so both should finish in the list. Both Poisson and Gonzalez are on pace to break into the top 10 Assists.

Flagstaff 101
Santa Fe 74

Nice "revenge win" for Flagstaff tonight over a Santa Fe team that topped us by two earlier in the year. After seeing the season play out I knew it was a fluke Santa Fe beat us earlier but I was still a little worried about this game. I got the 27 point victory while only getting 10 minutes out of star Angelo Pedigo. He must have really pissed one of the zebras off as he fouled out in only 10 minutes! Fortunately the most overlooked player on my team (at least by me anyway) Pat Schmitt played great in his 27 minutes of PT, scoring 14 points, dishing 5 assist, and not having a single TO. All while playing great defense on Thomas Rowan. Might need to get the kid some more PT!

The two keys for Flagstaff were great perimeter defense (held Santa Fe to 8-31 from 3) and playing unselfish basketball (23 assist on 40 made baskets). Hope to continue that type of basketball through the post season. Also, closing in on averaging 100 ppg, need 2 big games to push across that mark.

At least ya boy MONTE is muy BUENO!

Redsox, are you surprised that Evans hasn't been scoring more? I mean I know he started on the bench but isn't he a E-----G guy that scrimmaged really well for ya?

Beat Casper, 2-0 against him this year. Very happy about that. 9-4 on the year, with at least one or two losses that shouldn't have happened. 44 in the power rankings. Got #1 overall Fort Worth wednesday, and i already know i'm going to lose. Playing for 2nd in conference though, so I got to pick up that W friday to go to 10-5 into the conference finals. I think winning 1 or 2 conference games in the tourney can send me to the NTT, but that is looking too far forward.

Recruiting is going to be....interesting to say the least

At least ya boy MONTE is muy BUENO!

Redsox, are you surprised that Evans hasn't been scoring more? I mean I know he started on the bench but isn't he a E-----G guy that scrimmaged really well for ya?

Not sure if you meant this for me or Redsox, but I am a little surprised that Jake isn't lighting up the nets. He is E-----G like you said but in scrimmages and exhibition when he was set to 5/5 shooting, he shot horribly so I toned him down a notch which took him from 31% shooting up to his current 54% shooting. So I haven't bumped him up yet but was planning too once I secure conference 13's title. Oh wait, I virtually did that tonight thanks to Redsox. :p

The Rachaelwoods only lost by 17 pts which is the closest they have been in years. In my career (24-0) vs Evansville, they have averaged 24 pts per loss, so they have definitely taken a step closer under coach redsox. Especially considering the 28 pt loss earlier this season. Nice job and I'm sure next season will be even closer.

Not sure if you meant this for me or Redsox, but I am a little surprised that Jake isn't lighting up the nets. He is E-----G like you said but in scrimmages and exhibition when he was set to 5/5 shooting, he shot horribly so I toned him down a notch which took him from 31% shooting up to his current 54% shooting. So I haven't bumped him up yet but was planning too once I secure conference 13's title. Oh wait, I virtually did that tonight thanks to Redsox. :p

Makes sense. I just know he was a recruit you were really excited about pulling in and was just wondering if he was living up to what you were expecting or not. Your explanation clears everything up for me though. REALLY hoping I stay away from you and Carbondale in the NTT. Just really bad matchups for Flagstaff.

Picked up a good win. My team is kind of rolling now. Still contemplating some lineup changes. I've gone all year with 7-1 Fr Ruffin and 6-10 Sr Corley at C. I moved Corley from the starting C position after getting Ruffin. They've been a great combo. Ruffin is averaging 20/8 in 30 min at 49/86 percentages. Corley is pretty solid averaging 6.7/3.2 in 10 min at 60/92 percentages. That comes out to 20/10 per 30 min. By comparison, my current PF Vanmeter is averaging 10/6.

So I've got two bigs averaging 20/8 and 20/10 per 30 but they're playing 40 minutes. I like averaging 26/11 per game at C. But I could get more from a weak PF and insert one of my senior NA bigs at C. I ran one scrimmage with Corley/Ruffin at PF against Stormfury and got thumped although Corley had 17/9 and Ruffin had 16/6. Ruffin has struggled against elite teams. Both combined for only 10/7 against emerging C20 rival Kalamazoo. Playing Corley at PF would help mitigate Ruffin getting shut down by Kalamazoo's Brian Montgomery (likely EEGEFF).

Any thoughts?

Damn, you have another year of facing Pate and Montgomery. That sucks. Let me know if you want me to send a scrimmage or two for you to test lineups against. Naquin is a pretty good base for Montgomery and then Livingston isn't awful as an offensive post player.

I have a scrimmage already up. Go for it.

Makes sense. I just know he was a recruit you were really excited about pulling in and was just wondering if he was living up to what you were expecting or not. Your explanation clears everything up for me though. REALLY hoping I stay away from you and Carbondale in the NTT. Just really bad matchups for Flagstaff.

Actually, I am really pleased with Evans despite the scoring. He's improved my team's defense tremendously. E there as well. Nice having an EEgfgG PG. Since he's taken over the team's allowing 55.6 ppg and starters are averaging just over 6 steals per game. Granted the talent level dropped a bit once we got out of the DeACCon and into conference play, but We've always played these teams and never averaged less than 63 ppg allowed. A couple solid teams Evansville (74.2 ppg) and Gulf Shores (74.6) were held to 65 and 55 during the last 2 matches.

In scrimmages against Duluth and Dearborn using this combination, we've held them to 60, 55, 66, & 55. If we can manage to hold quality teams to 65 or less, we should do well in the NTT.

I sent out scrimmages to several DeACCon coaches.

Last edited:
Back