• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Testing the new lineup second time through the league. Not much difference in Paducah game, won by 14 each time. Carbondale next. We are 1-2 in SOS this year, but still have good rankings despite taking more losses. The game does a good job rewarding a tough schedule.

Cincy blew our chance at winning the regular season title by losing by 10 to #48 Peoria last night. We controlled the game, held them to under 50% shooting and outrebounded them 40 to 27, but those stupid fouls killed us - gave up 29 free throws in the game to my 18, and, of course, they made 10 more FTs than me - equal to what I lost by. My #2 scorer only played 14 minutes while fouling out and my SG decided he would take all our shots. Their PF came in shooting 56% from the free throw line (19/34) and he decided to go 10/11 in this game :rulz:

Back to the drawing board - I think my #104 ranking is a little low, my worst loss is to the #59 team, and my other losses are to #50, #48 (twice), #44 and #13, but whatever.

again we beat a very tough Bloomington team 86-82...that is now 2 games by a total of 7 pts. serves him right for beating me for Marcus Tabb!

this is just a hard team to figure out but i am doing my best. i think our PR is 73 and we will need a nice run to get into the NTT. we did it last season...time to do it again!

I'm not sure what I think of the game's ranking Engine.

Last season we were 14-1 heading into the c13 playoffs and couldn't break into the top 25 with wins over Duluth (exh), Frankfort (exh), Nashville, Dearborn and of course divisional rivals. Our only loss was to Ft. Myers who was ranked 56. Boca made it to the elite 8.

This season we are 12-1 and ranked #8 with wins vs Duluth (exh), Flagstaff, Pittsburgh. The one loss was to Philly who is ranked #2.

I really don't see that much difference between last years schedule and this season's outside of a 'better' loss. While Evansville and Gulf Shores are better PR wise this season, 4 of the conference foes have gotten worse.

Would be curious where we would have been ranked last season without the loss to Ft. Myers. Maybe top 20?

Last edited:
Actually, I am really pleased with Evans despite the scoring. He's improved my team's defense tremendously. E there as well. Nice having an EEgfgG PG. Since he's taken over the team's allowing 55.6 ppg and starters are averaging just over 6 steals per game. Granted the talent level dropped a bit once we got out of the DeACCon and into conference play, but We've always played these teams and never averaged less than 63 ppg allowed. A couple solid teams Evansville (74.2 ppg) and Gulf Shores (74.6) were held to 65 and 55 during the last 2 matches.

In scrimmages against Duluth and Dearborn using this combination, we've held them to 60, 55, 66, & 55. If we can manage to hold quality teams to 65 or less, we should do well in the NTT.

I sent out scrimmages to several DeACCon coaches.

Yea I knew you were raving about his defense, just didn't know if he was underperforming offensively given your scrimmages. Also I accepted your scrimmage request.

I'm not sure what I think of the game's ranking Engine.

Last season we were 14-1 heading into the c13 playoffs and couldn't break into the top 25 with wins over Duluth (exh), Frankfort (exh), Nashville, Dearborn and of course divisional rivals. Our only loss was to Ft. Myers who was ranked 56. Boca made it to the elite 8.

This season we are 12-1 and ranked #8 with wins vs Duluth (exh), Flagstaff, Pittsburgh. The one loss was to Philly who is ranked #2.

I really don't see that much difference between last years schedule and this season's outside of a 'better' loss. While Evansville and Gulf Shores are better PR wise this season, 4 of the conference foes have gotten worse.

Would be curious where we would have been ranked last season without the loss to Ft. Myers. Maybe top 20?

Oh I think you would have had a much better PR last season without that loss. More than likely top 10, if not higher. The game puts a premium on being undefeated and losing to other highly ranked programs. Don't think it takes any account for exh games but you still should have been ranked top 15 last season, that was just weird.

Yea I knew you were raving about his defense, just didn't know if he was underperforming offensively given your scrimmages. Also I accepted your scrimmage request.

He is definitely under performing scoring wise and I would think that would be true for what others scrimmaged. I had originally planned for him to be Atkin's backup and replacement but he's played well at PG and Floyd came in attribute wise worse than expected. +5 but 2 of that is in rebounding. :( I'm hoping he grows 2 inches so I can try him out at bSF. 6'1 just seems a bit to small plus I have Gonzalez and Goodwin there. Floyd was supposed to be the PG not Evans. :) Best laid plans...

We're into the final week of the regular season and what a difference the past 3 matches have made as 2 teams are now in the top 10 and 4 are in the top 15. Here is a look at how the DeACCon coaches are fairing going into conference tournaments. Good luck to all, even rsfaithful!

*If I missed anyone, please msg me with your team name as I don't have it on my master list*

In current PR order:
Nashville Domination #6
Coach: reddoor
NTT Status: C15 champ/At Large

Boca Rotan Storm #8
Coach: Stormfury
NTT Status: C13 Champ

Frankfort Deacon Blues #11
Coach: awaken
NTT Status: C18 Champ

Duluth Bullish Deacs #13
Coach: phdeac
NTT Status: At Large - Tough match up with Kalamazoo Wed.

Flagstaff whippersnappers #32
Coach: tau
NTT Status: At Large/ C32 Champ - Headed for a crash course with Yuma Friday night.

Carbondale Violence #33
Coach: simplex10
NTT Status: At Large - Tough loss against Grand Rapids and Frankfort up next could put them on the bubble.

Odessa Spooks #44
Coach: Pilot
NTT Status: At Large - Huge wins against Grand Rapids and Casper has this team up 20 spots and in the thick of the NTT. Big match against #1Fort Worth Wed. Spook those Fishmongers!

Chicago Golden Deacons #56
Coach: ntndeacon
NTT Status: Bubble - Tough loss vs Duluth, but two very winnable games remaining. Winning those 2 and possibly 1 or 2 in the c20 tournament just might be enough for a return trip to the NTT.

Fargo Wheatshuckers #62
Coach: Adout3000
NTT Status: Bubble / C21 Champ - 3 Way race for C21 title with the two losers likely missing out on the NTT. Fargo can knock one of those teams out with a Win against Denver on Wednesday.

Dearborn Warak's Deacs #73
Coach: Warak
NTT Status: In Trouble - Warak pulled one out of his hat late last season, can he doe it again? One of the better game day coaches in DTL, he still has a shot at the c15 title, but needs a slip up by Nashville to win the c15 Title.

Pittsburgh Stealers #81
Coach: bold814
NTT Status: In Trouble / C3 Champ - The Stealers still have a rematch with Lancaster, which may be a 1 game playoff to get into the NTT.

Flint Firestarters #86
Coach: dieseldeac
NTT Status: In Trouble - The loss to Frankfort was expected but losing to 4-9 Knoxville may have extinguished this team's chances of joining the NTT party.

Rochester Sandworms #92
Coach: redwing
NTT Status: In Trouble - The sandworms will most likely need to win their c6 tournament but could get a huge boost with a win Fri. over Carnegie

Cincinnati Skyline Deacs #103
Coach: dadeacs
NTT Status: In Trouble - Tough loss to Peoria on Monday ending a 6 game winning streak. Final 2 opponents have a combined 6 wins, so while it won't help PR, losses would destroy any At large chances.

Eugene Travelers #119
Coach: turftoe
NTT Status: In Trouble - Turf's had 2 tough matches facing off against Hialeah #89 and Long Beach #5. Next up Roswell #39 and Olympia #99. I'm afraid this one is going to require winning the c31 tournament.

Evansville Rachelwoods #120
Coach: redsox
NTT Status: In Trouble - The self proclaimed hater of Stormfury has Evansville tied with last season's win total. A 2 pt loss to Savannah #145 put a damper on their At large chances and plummeted their PR which wasn't helped by beating Worcester #215 and losing to Boca Raton #8. Will need to take home the c13 tournament title to dance.

*If I missed anyone, please msg me with your team name as I don't have it on my master list*

What? You've improved against me each game!
Just frustration!

We did have our best game yet against Boca, and I suspect most of that was due to my matchup changes (moving Lawson away from Evans wasn't a huge help, as he only shot 8/20 vs Atkins, but I shudder to think how much worse that would've been vs Evans).

We have a lot of work to do if we want to beat Ft Myers in Evansville's season finale Friday.

I think im in trouble with my recruiting. If I win a 1/1 tie on Byron Passmore I think I may end up with a salvageable class, but if I lose it, trouble may be on the horizon for the Pittsburgh Stealers. I lose 2 starters and my 6th man at the end of the year.

Fargo is taking an 8 game winning streak into Wednesday's rematch w/ Denver after pulling out a 71-57 win over Boulder. It was one of our better defensive efforts but a little troubling offensively as I believe it was the first game of the season where both the two leading scorers in c21, Lawrence Googe and Roger Murdoch, shot below 50% from the field. We'll need better from them to avenge the earlier ass-kicking we took from Denver considering we got beat up on in the interior on both lines and my lineup hasn't changed much in the interim.

I think im in trouble with my recruiting. If I win a 1/1 tie on Byron Passmore I think I may end up with a salvageable class, but if I lose it, trouble may be on the horizon for the Pittsburgh Stealers. I lose 2 starters and my 6th man at the end of the year.

I like Passmore (13.40) , though I wish his Turnovers were a little lower. Tough call on getting him F, F+, F- for recruiting prefs pretty much makes this a coin flip between you and the other team.

What's the team your going against for him? Maybe he's not in their top 3. I'll be glad to compare the team id vs my top 35 and see if we can get a better picture of the situation.

I like Passmore (13.40) , though I wish his Turnovers were a little lower. Tough call on getting him F, F+, F- for recruiting prefs pretty much makes this a coin flip between you and the other team.

What's the team your going against for him? Maybe he's not in their top 3. I'll be glad to compare the team id vs my top 35 and see if we can get a better picture of the situation.

I haven't upgraded to a large program yet ( I was going to next year as I feel i finally have a decent grasp on the game) so i actually have no idea who i'm up against unfortunately.

I haven't upgraded to a large program yet ( I was going to next year as I feel i finally have a decent grasp on the game) so i actually have no idea who i'm up against unfortunately.

Hang on him! Try if you have the extra points to get 2nd on one of the deac's 4th or 5th options in case they fall through the cracks. I have no real net opportunities this cycle or I would offer you up someone.

awaken, sent you a scrimmage.

Card, consider putting some points on R26 Jamal Kelleher. He's a 0/0 for me off my net and my 4th choice. If I get all three of my top choices (4/4, 3/3/, 2/2 so unlikely), then you would get Kelleher. He's a good player. Averaged about 12/6 in scrimmages at PF/C.

Card, ill disagree with what ph posted above. I wouldnt waste any points on kelleher. Dont know the prefs ph has compared to the other guys hes tied with but theres like less than a 2% chance he wins all three ties. So hes probably going to need kelleher. No offense ment of course ph

card or any other coach, i have some players that you could pursue and are in striking range.

PM me if interested.

Last edited:
If anyone needs a combo guard, I have a G- local in region 15 that should come out around GFFFGG that I am a CL on with 21 RPEs.

Good luck tonight coaches! Let's get a few more Deacs into the NTT!

Back