• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Speaking of the tired thing, does anyone notice Freshman hitting a wall? Or is this just imagined by me?

My starting SF was lights out at the beginning of the season, but even though I have him set at 6 shoot (second highest on my team) he seems to be taking a back seat to others and his numbers have been dropping recently, only breaking double digits once in the last 4 weeks.

Definitely could just be imagined.

Does anyone know how regular season tie breakers work? If Pittsburgh can beat Lancaster this Friday, we would both finish 9-1 in conference and 11-4 overall. Would it go to power ranking? He is currently 72 vs my 81 but i'm thinking a win could change that.

Speaking of the tired thing, does anyone notice Freshman hitting a wall? Or is this just imagined by me?

My starting SF was lights out at the beginning of the season, but even though I have him set at 6 shoot (second highest on my team) he seems to be taking a back seat to others and his numbers have been dropping recently, only breaking double digits once in the last 4 weeks.

I don't think it's imagined and I also don't believe it's exclusive to freshmen. I've noticed that my team as a whole in the past got tired 2nd time I faced divisional foes especially if you do any more/less subbing patterns.

As a SO & SR, Steven Norris hit the wall midway through the season and saw his scoring numbers drop. (Backup as a JR)

As a JR Hutchings was on fire until the 10th game then his numbers tapered off until he got injured in game 16 against Evansville :p.

I'm sure there are other examples.

Does anyone know how regular season tie breakers work? If Pittsburgh can beat Lancaster this Friday, we would both finish 9-1 in conference and 11-4 overall. Would it go to power ranking? He is currently 72 vs my 81 but i'm thinking a win could change that.

I believe you're correct on PR being the tie breaker. If you manage to beat him, you might sneak in ahead of him PR Wise. Good luck!

I think it is real - particularly among freshmen. Another reason to practice stamina and use a restful More/More sub pattern.

Big Night. Good luck to all the coaches playing for Titles or bubble positioning tonight.

Boca Raton 96
Athens 60

Erin Atkins continues to tear it up scoring 34 points on 14 for 21 shooting and 6 of 6 at the FT line. This gives him his 8th game of 30 or more points which puts him 4 behind all time scoring leader Tony Salazar. Atkins is now averaging 22.8 ppg this season which puts him 16th in the league scoring.

FR PG Jake Evans had 5 assists and 2 steals while SO Brice Truong added 21 pts and 11 boards. Mo Poisson added 14 pts 2 assists off the bench.

Boca, seeking their 6th straight conference tournament, begins the campaign against Shreveport with a potential match up against Evansville in the semi final.

Pittsburgh easily won their rematch with Lancaster 87 -69 lead by freshman Abraham Chang's 27 points and 7 rebounds. We both finished 9-1 in conference and 11-4 overall but my 77 to 85 edge in the power rankings propelled me to the regular season conference title. Looking to win the conference tournament and then knock off a high seed in the NTT.

Fargo improved to 12-3, setting the program's highest win total in the past 10 years, in a game where I tried to give some of my key players a little more rest than usual. Denver's upset loss means I clinch(I think) a PTT berth as the #2 team in C21 but w/ a 75 PR my NTT hopes rest on a conference tournament championship.

Recruiting wise - I extended my lead on my #4 target r21 Calvin Jung, but let my #5 target r11 Sharone Beus come back to a tie. Right now I'm planning on letting Beus go to focus my extra RPE elsewhere but if anyone has opinions on either of those two (or on Jung/Beus vs. Branden McDonald r30) I would be eager to hear them.

Also, in re: freshman hitting the wall - my fr pg Roger Murdoch has shot below 50% from the floor in each of our last 4 games, despite only doing so once over the first 11. The last 4 include a 7/21 in our key game against Denver and 2/9 last game. At the same time, my fr backups have been performing as well as, if not better than, they have all season. Maybe, as some have implied, it's just a starter thing? I've been practicing stamina...

NTT Update

The post season is upon us and several teams have cashed their NTT tickets.

In
Frankfort Deacon Blues #5
Coach: awaken
NTT Status: C18 Champ

Nashville Domination #6
Coach: reddoor
NTT Status: C15 champ

Boca Rotan Storm #8
Coach: Stormfury
NTT Status: C13 Champ

Flagstaff whippersnappers #32
Coach: tau
NTT Status: C32 Champ

Pittsburgh Stealers #77
Coach: bold814
NTT Status:C3 Champ

Work Left To Do
Duluth Bullish Deacs #13
Coach: phdeac
NTT Status: At Large

Carbondale Violence #41
Coach: simplex10

Chicago Golden Deacons #45
Coach: ntndeacon

Odessa Spooks #52
Coach: Pilot
NTT Status: Bubble

Dearborn Warak's Deacs #55
Coach: Warak
NTT Status: Bubble

Flint Firestarters #72
Coach: dieseldeac
NTT Status: In Trouble

Fargo Wheatshuckers #75
Coach: Adout3000

Cincinnati Skyline Deacs #96
Coach: dadeacs

Rochester Sandworms #100
Coach: redwing

Evansville Rachelwoods #108
Coach: redsox

Eugene Travelers #130
Coach: turftoe

Frankfort had a comfortable 16 pt win over friend in Grand Rapids. Got C18 1 seed and Independence on Monday. PR #5, even with 3 losses.

Thanks for the scrimmages Ph and Storm. It really validated my lineup change. Hope you got what you were looking for from them. Although, I'm waiting on the second half of our game, Storm. It was like GDO vs Dean Smith/4 corners.

No change in recruiting except I got lazy on Edrick Sweeney and didn't put points on my CL, and now turf has made it a 1/1. The good news is I did clear someone else, but I shouldn't have been greedy. Edrick is better and has my full attention from here on.

Huge game tonight for the Rachelwoods.

In the first round of the C13 tourney, we get #141 Savannah (7-8, 4-6). We only met them once in the regular season, losing 82-80. Since then, we've made a couple adjustments (most significantly, switching Monte Bueno to PF-- a move that's improved both his production as well as F Willis Baker's).

The latest problem with my team? Because of a lack of depth, I've had my starters on "less" sub, with all of the backups on "more" sub. All season. There are a couple exceptions-- I experimented for a little while with non-Brinson guards, and Volz/Schreier have both spent time as the starting C. Overall, though, I'm getting a little concerned that Lawson/Baker/Bueno are going to start breaking down in the postseason. Lawson leads the conference in MPG, and Bueno isn't far behind. So far, everyone on the team still has a 10 in conditioning (except for Bueno, who has a 9), so it's not an urgent concern yet.

And we escape Round 1 with an 87-79 win over Savannah. John Lawson led all scorers with 29, while Monte Bueno added 24 points and 10 rebounds.

After being moved to SG four games ago, a revitalized Lawson apparently decided to set the world on fire. He's shooting 53.9% (52.4% from 3) with 3.3 Reb, 1.5 Stls, and 28.3 PPG.

Boca Raton 96
Shreveport 40

Great production from the PG spot. FR Jake Evans in 20 minutes of play had 6 assists, 6 pts. Mo Poisson in 20 minutes had 4 assists and 13 pts.

Erin Atkins had 21 pts and Leon Cochran 18.

Next up the Rachelwoods for our 3rd meeting of the season.

Fargo advanced to the c21 semis, setting up a third showdown with Denver, against which we're 0-2. Looking over the two box scores, I'm not seeing a lot of consistency in the reasons we got beat, so I'm planning on just going with the lineup that got Fargo to 13-3 and hoping the first two times around were bad luck/ we get lucky this time. We're 3-0 against the other side of the bracket so I'd have to think we'd be the favorite in the finals should we get there.

Huge game tonight for the Rachelwoods.

In the first round of the C13 tourney, we get #141 Savannah (7-8, 4-6). We only met them once in the regular season, losing 82-80. Since then, we've made a couple adjustments (most significantly, switching Monte Bueno to PF-- a move that's improved both his production as well as F Willis Baker's).

The latest problem with my team? Because of a lack of depth, I've had my starters on "less" sub, with all of the backups on "more" sub. All season. There are a couple exceptions-- I experimented for a little while with non-Brinson guards, and Volz/Schreier have both spent time as the starting C. Overall, though, I'm getting a little concerned that Lawson/Baker/Bueno are going to start breaking down in the postseason. Lawson leads the conference in MPG, and Bueno isn't far behind. So far, everyone on the team still has a 10 in conditioning (except for Bueno, who has a 9), so it's not an urgent concern yet.

Make sure you check on Bueno after the game tonight. IF he drops below a 9 it's best to rest him completely, or at least drop him to the bench. Other wise you won't have him to start the post season.

Frankfort beat Independence by 12, and gets a Deac coach in the semi's....no, not DiV, but diesel, who has climbed from the doormat to 3-4 of a tough C18. Congrats, diesel. Good work. Hope I can protect #1.

Back