• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Looking deeper into the playoff trees, 12 conferences have at least one 3+ ranked team in the final which could spell trouble for anyone 50+ PR. Inevitably a few of these will pull upsets but I wouldn't expect a lot of them. 28 of 32 conferences have their regular season champion still playing which is good news.

Reg Season Champions 32
Brackets where Reg Season Champion is out 4
Additional potential slots taken by 3+ seeds 8

Spots taken: 36 (best) to 44 (worst).

This leaves us with 20 to 28 at large spots.

given that there are 20-28 at large spots...how should i feel at #46 with an expected loss to Nashville (6) on Friday?

ajehfjahefklesbjlrfbaef ahhhh, lost by 3 to Ft Worth. Definitely had the right matchup, just was short by that much with missing shots. I had 2 of my players go 2/11. Sosa went 4/16, i can now see he is not a 3 pt shooter. Ruis did great. Cut it to within 3 with 1:30 left, stole the ball with about 20 or so seconds left, and put up a shot that didnt go in to lose. What a heartbreaker

Nice showing! Make sure you win the consolation match and I think you get into the field!

ajehfjahefklesbjlrfbaef ahhhh, lost by 3 to Ft Worth. Definitely had the right matchup, just was short by that much with missing shots. I had 2 of my players go 2/11. Sosa went 4/16, i can now see he is not a 3 pt shooter. Ruis did great. Cut it to within 3 with 1:30 left, stole the ball with about 20 or so seconds left, and put up a shot that didnt go in to lose. What a heartbreaker

ahhh, the damn free throw difference is what killed you...14 of 23 compared to 4 of 8. Sosa also had a really bad shooting game and went 1-7 for 3pt. i guess that is just not his game but he shot 21 of 47 in H.S., so it was worth a shot. just wish he made that last 3pt shot with .05 seconds left in the game for the tie!

really nice showing for a team that lost by 35 in the first match and 22 in the rematch!

given that there are 20-28 at large spots...how should i feel at #46 with an expected loss to Nashville (6) on Friday?

My expectation would be that you might drop a couple of points but should be within top 50. I think you're in but to be safe, go in there and beat Nashville :)

Big game for Frankfort in the C18 finals vs Waterloo, who beat us in our first contest. That was my last game with the "old" lineup, so let's see what the new lineup can do.

Got to finals due to ugly, low scoring win over Flint. Good game, diesel. Good luck to all Deacon coaches tonight. Let's see how many we can get in the NTT, and then the FF.

Fingers crossed for a good spread of DeACCon coaches. Hope we're not all in the same bracket!

Good luck to everyone still in the hunt. Win tonight and lets dominate the NTT!

Well the draw for the NTT is out and at first glance we got 9 teams in as Odessa missed out. Our chances of an all DeACCon final four isn't very strong either as both south regional brackets are Deac heavy.

North West Bracket: (1)
#2 Boca Raton

South West Bracket: (4)

#1 Frankfort

#16 Pittsburgh

#9 Chicago

#14 Dearborn

North East Bracket: (1)
#11 Carbondale

South East Bracket: (3)
#5 Flagstaff

#3 Duluth

#2 Nashville

Duluth broke a foot off in Kalamazoo's ass to avenge two losses. 84-52. I'm still in shock.

Welp, I doubt I wuld have made anyways with a win. Last win is disappointing. I am young though, 3 freshman started majority of the time. I hate it for Ruis though, kid was a stud all the way through. I am going to have to pray for winning a tie. Lets hope! 3 seed in PTT, should get to quarters if my team will start scoring some! haha

After a disappointing first round loss to Flint, we knocked off Independence and Grand Rapids to advance to the NTT. The last game by a surprising 103-73 margin thanks to shooting 11 for 19 from 3 point range. We were paced by Boyd Cason's 34 points.

So, we get 16-2 Bismarck in the first round. Looks like it should be a good game. We've definitely played the tougher schedule, but with our reliance on outside shooting, our performance is totally unpredictable.

Some good news in recruiting. Our prime competition for Ricardo Fleck dropped off, so now I'm 1/1 on a R18 recruit with G-F+N- preferences and up against R20's Pueblo. I should have a local and win advantage on a guy averaging 20/10 with 4.6 dpg. I'm starting to get kind of aroused. Also, I'm now only 4 RPE behind on a PG prospect I've been chasing. That kid has a P- local preference and is being recruited by a team in the same region.

Much happier now than I was an hour ago.

Last edited:
Hell. Yes. Fargo.

Roger Murdoch had his best game in a couple weeks with 18 pts, 4 rebs, and only 2 tos (campos/jung can not get to campus fast enough) to offset a subpar performance by Lawrence Googe as Fargo snuck by Aberdeen and into the NTT as a 15 seed in the top right bracket. First round is against Naples, who is undefeated but largely untested. They are worlds better than us, but so is any team we would have been matched up against, and I will gladly take my chances against an undersized team who has given up points at the 1-3 where my all scorers are.

Recruiting is largely unchanged - it looks like someone is sticking on Calvin Jung, so I'm looking at 0/1 on signing day. He's FP-E+ for prefs, and 3 of the 5 players under 6'6 on my roster are negative overall +/- so I'm thinking I'll be a significant favorite for his services if I end up needing/taking him.

Frankfort won the C18 tourney by avenging earlier loss to Waterloo, 74-58. The Deacon Blues are the 1 seed in the SW, but get fellow Deacons in our first two games: Pitt and Chicago. :(

I think DiV will be pleasantly surprised how well he does now that he is outside C18 and the DeACCon. I'll be gathering teams for next season's DeACCon after Monday's games.

In addition to an All Deacon FF, how about a Deacon winner in each tourney?

Recruiting:
Hatton 6/6
Faulk 2/2
Neal 3/3
Poteat 1/1
Sweeney 1/1
mystery CL, cost me the CL on Sweeney

So... L5 recruiting. Jesus, I just got lucky. Went into Signing Day with no CLs, came out with:

6'5": EGEGFF (1/1 tie)
7'1": PEFEFG (6/6 tie)
7'1": FGPEFG (1/1 tie)

Comes in as the 18/8 class. I am ecstatic.

It's like Christmas for adults, ain't it. Congrats on the great class. The bigs should defend and rebound for you, and you got a great scoring guard.

Boca won it's 6th straight c13 title with a 26 point victory over nemesis Gulf Shores. Erin Atkins netted 30 pts for the 9th time in his career putting him 3 shy of Salazar's 12 30+ games. With the game, Atkins moved into 10th place on the Boca Raton all time Scorer's list with 1326pts. Mo Poisson is about 300 pts from joining him in the top 10. Leon Cochran has moved into 2nd all time career steals with 101 and needs just 2 more in the final 6 games to tie Kareem Tobin. He's also 6th in all time FT made.

I'm liking the split time at PG as we got 7 assists, 3 steals and 17 pts from Evans/Poisson combo. Our key to success in the NTT likely comes down to Cochran (PF) and Truong (C) and their ability to defend and score.

Our first round opponent is 15 seed Raleigh ranked #72 PR wise with a 13-5 record. The Bearcats are young with 3 SO and a FR in the starting lineup. Most of their scoring has come from PG Dale Weigle 19.8 ppg and SG Lee Young 20.0 ppg.

Their best win of the season, was in the c7 Championship against #23 Decatur which is what landed them into the NTT.

Flagstaff picked a really impressive 95-74 win over a really solid Yuma team that has 4 losses total, 3 of the 4 to Flagstaff. My bigs dominated offensively Friday, with Livingston and Naquin putting up a combined 37 and 16. If I get that type of production from those two from here on out I like my chances as I know I'm going to consistently get great play and production from Pedigo at the PG spot.

As storm mentioned I drew the 5th seed in the southeast bracket and play an interesting looking Augusta Sting team. They run a 6'8 PG and have a 27 PPG scorer at the SG spot. He will be matching up with who I consider the best defender on my team so hopefully Macklins E defense and G ath can hold him in check. Macklin was recruited to be a defensive stopper at SG so I need him to earn his keep in this game.

As a whole I like the look of my bracket. Scoring PGs have given me trouble all season and I don't really see any in my bracket til later on down the road. Don't like having Duluth and Nashville in there at the bottom but at least I'd be playing them deep in the tourney if I make it that far. Good luck to all the deacon coaches in the post season.

Go easy on me Awaken. We ended our season w/ 2 really bad losses in our conference tournament.

Good luck to everyone in tournament games tonight! Give em hell.

I'll do what I can. Last time I told my guys "no more shots," they switched to beer.

Actually, last time you said that, your players missed their weekly hormone treatments and ended up sprouting facial hair again.

Back