• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Neither of them should ever handle the ball - they are TO machines, but whatever, I need scoring.

Although, I have switched my maxes, I am going to switch out Raleigh Ezell for Art Myers - so my three are:

Terrell Klotz r15
Art Myers r18
Lenny Simms r10 (suck it Warak!)

DaDeacs!!! :fu:

Not locking anything in for tonight's update but leaning towards 19 Gresham, 23 Arndt, Medina, and one of a couple safer options.

I haven't even left yet...stay off my guys !

Boca Raton 84
Biloxi 73

Boca's fast paced offense pushed Biloxi into 20 turnovers while providing the storm with 10 steals. The storm shot a miserable 0-14 from the 3 pt line 12/17 from the line and 36/91 from the field.

Boca also won the rebounding war grabbing 48 to the polos 35.

Next up 2-0 Ann Arbor.

This is a class light on E-rated shooters that would presumably be willing to come to Region 13. That's a problem, because Evansville is lighter on scoring this year than it has been in well over a decade, and next season should only get worse. Our returning roster will only be +5 in SHT, barring in-season bumps.

To fix this problem, I was heavily scouting R4's Dylan Thayer. The idea went: He's guaranteed EFGGGF, and his scrimmages revealed him as, easily, the best shooter that among my scouted player group. I'd risk a small tie, despite his very, very strong preference to remain in R4, because Thayer would be the shot-in-the-arm type of guard that I have recruited to the Rachelwoods many times before. He'd be a Lawson, a McKinney, a Spencer, and he'd be worth any opposition I encountered in his recruitment. Except, the more I thought about it, the more uneasy I became with figuring out how much opposition I'd encounter. Surely, I'd be the only out of conference team on him, but R4 is one of the most active (arguably the most active) conferences in the league. I could stomach maybe a 1/1 or even a 2/2, but if I was unlucky enough to go up against three or more C4 juggernauts... Well, my chances would have been about zero, I presume.

So, as it turns out, I'm not really recruiting any shooters again this season. That scares me, a lot, but if we win any of these ties, we'll get some great, athletic players that are at the very least pretty solid defenders.

R6 Tex Randle
R17 Donovan Calabrese
R17 Jamison Sweet
R29 Wayne Gruver

Two of those are locked in already, two are not. None of the names have been mentioned here, which is nice, but nobody's posted any names on the DTL board yet, so who knows?

This is a class light on E-rated shooters that would presumably be willing to come to Region 13. That's a problem, because Evansville is lighter on scoring this year than it has been in well over a decade, and next season should only get worse. Our returning roster will only be +5 in SHT, barring in-season bumps.

That's a good thing. Give me a season or two to get competitive with you! ;) C13 is easy enough, I mean my team was ok without a coach, so you'll be fine locally at least.

That's a good thing. Give me a season or two to get competitive with you! ;) C13 is easy enough, I mean my team was ok without a coach, so you'll be fine locally at least.

Local competition isn't what I'm worried about, my friend. ;)

Storm, looks like Stillwater is with you on R26 Stanford, just so you know.

Frankfort will max four this time - Sherm Ferrell r16

Ferrell was one i really liked - assumed he would be a big tie. The other dude i liked but didn't Max for the same reason was shantae Goodson in region 9

I have Ferrell projected as a top 5, but I'm hoping that Exc Local scout will narrow down the schools that recruit him. He's the biggest tie I think I'll have. Went with 4 this time bc I was having trouble making a net. Pretty thin class.

If your into online sports simulations like this, i suggest trying out pigskinempire.com

I lost maybe the lowest scoring double overtime game I've ever seen to Duluth. A real snoozer. 63-59.

Recruiting looks pretty sweet:
#74: R29 Wayne Gruver
UR: R3 Dan Mulligan
UR: R17 Donovan Calabrese
UR: R17 Jamison Sweet

Net only has two ranked players in it, too. I feel good about this class, I think.

Lost to Memphis by two. Wasn't really that close - they led throughout and had an 11 pt lead with less than 5 to go. I made a furious run, but fell short. I did have, and miss, a game tying shot at the buzzer. 4-2 in the DeACCon.

Recruiting went well:
Marvin Witt r119 NR
Jack Francis r20 (23)
Dwayne Kennedy r32 NR
Sherm Ferrell r16 (NR)

And only one ranked in a pretty aggressive net (two Sr's on NA). The league must be empty. Maxing my NR's tonight to see if they ranked tomorrow afternoon.

Boca Raton 89
Ann Arbor 79

Boca forced 21 turnovers on 14 steals while Dennis Medina led all scorers with 34. Next up a spanking at the hands of Evansville.

Recruiting:
Kirby Hopper (11)
Sean Stanford (65)
Stanley Morris NR
Rob Brooks NR

Back