• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Congratulations to Fargo and Memphis for winning their divisions of the DeMann* DeACCon Tournament.

Code:
North Division ("Odds")            
Team   Name                       W    L
168    Fargo Wheatshuckers        5    1
 28    Philadelphia Insatiables   5    1
197    Odessa Spooks              4    2
124    Cincinnati Skyline Deacs   3    3
139    Carbondale Violence        3    3
226    Honolulu Jimmy's           2    4
115    Nashville Domination       2    4
204    Stillwater Beers           1    5

South Division ("Evens")            
Team   Name                       W    L
106    Memphis Globetrotters      5    1
120    Dearborn Warak's Deacs     4    2
137    Frankfort Deacon Blues     4    2
159    Duluth Bullish Deacs       3    3
103    Evansville Rachelwoods     3    3
 22    Scranton Paperweights      3    3
256    Flagstaff Whippersnappers  2    4
206    Topeka Tar Heels           2    4

* In honor of our new Wake Forest coach, Danny Manning

Fargo beat Philly h2h to break the tie.

If Fargo and Memphis want to scrimmage for the ultimate championship, that'd be great.

Recruiting still looks good after the Saturday update, though Sweet and Gruver shot up considerably.

#27: R29 Wayne Gruver (Prev: #74)
#39: R17 Jamison Sweet (Prev: UR)
UR: R3 Dan Mulligan (Prev: UR)
UR: R17 Donovan Calabrese (Prev: UR)

Fargo beat Philly h2h to break the tie.

If Fargo and Memphis want to scrimmage for the ultimate championship, that'd be great.

I'll send Memphis a scrimmage. If it was anyone other than swooper I'd concede the division since we somehow ended up w/ Mesa in game 6. Also odd that our only loss was to Stillwater, which was their only win.

Recruiting is okay. Gresham (#2) is expected, Medina (#52) is ok, Frick (#40) is high- was hoping 1/1 or 0/0 for him. Arndt is still NR but can't imagine that will last. More listed in the net than usual but I went pretty aggressive.

Recruiting still looks good after the Saturday update, though Sweet and Gruver shot up considerably.

#27: R29 Wayne Gruver (Prev: #74)
#39: R17 Jamison Sweet (Prev: UR)
UR: R3 Dan Mulligan (Prev: UR)
UR: R17 Donovan Calabrese (Prev: UR)

I'm so out of practice, forgot to spend points last Friday...

That being said,
Kirby Hopper (15) (prev: 11)
Sean Stanford (48) (prev: 65)
Stanley Morris NR
Rob Brooks NR

Evansville 86
Boca Raton 69

As expected, Evansville handled Boca Raton no problem. The positives I took from the game were the fact that we still managed to cause a lot of turnovers. Derrick Woodcock the Rachelwoods PG has 7 of Evansville's 15 turnovers. We also shot well from the field 46% and FT Line 80%. Not surprisingly areas we need work are ball control (15 turnovers) and rebounding where we were dominated 38-24.

A loss was expected, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how well we played considering the difference in talent. Good luck RSF, see you next round. :)

Ugh, recruiting sucks ass:

Lenny Simms (22)
Terrell Klotz (51)
Art Myers (1)

No one in my net is ranked, so I am going to have to hope for something good from there.

What is going on? I thought we had a smaller number of people participating - can one of you recruiting wunderkinds through me a +7 netter? Thanks.

Ugh, recruiting sucks ass:

Lenny Simms (22)
Terrell Klotz (51)
Art Myers (1)

No one in my net is ranked, so I am going to have to hope for something good from there.

What is going on? I thought we had a smaller number of people participating - can one of you recruiting wunderkinds through me a +7 netter? Thanks.

+7 usually would imply some INT rating above F. Do you really want a bunch of players coming onto to the Skyline Deacs with superiority complexes?

+7 usually would imply some INT rating above F. Do you really want a bunch of players coming onto to the Skyline Deacs with superiority complexes?

Was hoping it could be E rated athletes or something - any GPAs that start with a 3 are unwanted

Boca Raton 104
Ft. Myers 81

Boca returned to the win column with a 23 point victory forcing the Llamas into 20 turnovers. After getting destroyed on the boards by Evansville, coach Stormfury laid into the Boca players and it paid off as they won the battle of the boards 55 to 29. 3 players combined for 30 boards and 4 players scored in double digits.

Next up 3-2 Athens.

On the recruiting front:
Kirby Hopper (12) (prev: 15, 11)
Sean Stanford (34) (prev: 48, 65)
Stanley Morris NR
Rob Brooks NR

I'm considering dropping off Stanford. Hopper's numbers in scrimmages were to good to pass on a chance so I'll be on him for the long haul. Having Morris and Brooks NR is a positive. I'll likely put Stanford's points into some netters and hope for a lead at the reveal.

I'm also open to any +7 netters from the richer programs here... :)

Once every other year, Carbondale upsets Frankfort. Last night was that night, 84-82 OT. They hit the game tying shot with :04 in regulation, and the game winning shot with that much in OT. Glad to get that game out of the way. 3-2 though.

I think L7 is getting empty judging from recruits. We'll see for sure on reveal. It's a shame since kmoney was putting a lot of new coaches in our league about 10 seasons ago - recruiting then got real tough. It's a shame the game's owner (several of them, since our time playing) doesn't make any changes to make it more user friendly to new players. They put off marketing the game until changes can be made, but they never are. Always too busy. Shame.

can anyone help with the top75 from friday and saturday? or just let me know who is not there from the current top75?

thank you...on vacation.

Once every other year, Carbondale upsets Frankfort. Last night was that night, 84-82 OT. They hit the game tying shot with :04 in regulation, and the game winning shot with that much in OT. Glad to get that game out of the way. 3-2 though.

I think L7 is getting empty judging from recruits. We'll see for sure on reveal. It's a shame since kmoney was putting a lot of new coaches in our league about 10 seasons ago - recruiting then got real tough. It's a shame the game's owner (several of them, since our time playing) doesn't make any changes to make it more user friendly to new players. They put off marketing the game until changes can be made, but they never are. Always too busy. Shame.[/QUOTE]

My area must be the exception. I stayed completely local this year with recruits and 3 of my 4 maxes ended up top 10. Not what I was expecting that's for sure.

Well see on the reveal. Abandoned teams will recruit within conference players with > Fair Local (maybe >= Fair Local?) from top to bottom. So recruits at the top of your conference's page will get more attention from abandoned coaches than those at the bottom. These abandoned coaches run out of pseudo credits to auto recruit after 3 weeks, so they are not real competition. But, they may cluster around some recruits and put them in the Top 75. Do you know the active coaches in your conference?

Well see on the reveal. Abandoned teams will recruit within conference players with > Fair Local (maybe >= Fair Local?) from top to bottom. So recruits at the top of your conference's page will get more attention from abandoned coaches than those at the bottom. These abandoned coaches run out of pseudo credits to auto recruit after 3 weeks, so they are not real competition. But, they may cluster around some recruits and put them in the Top 75. Do you know the active coaches in your conference?

There's a discussion on the SimSports board that clarified local preferences, by the way. Looks like the game considers F+ and higher as local leans, F as a free-for-all, and F- and lower as wanting out of the region. I don't think I ever realized that local prefs were broken up that cleanly.

I hope that's the case but who knows. I have two CPU controlled teams in C32 and then I believe the rest are human controlled but I do not know if they are all active or not. I know that at least 3 teams besides my own are very active. May be C30-C2 that are inactive and are thus jumping in on players but I'm too lazy to look that up right now. Strangely enough the player I have pegged as the best of my 4 maxes and is a E scouted EEGG_F is UR so go figure that out. Who knows with this game haha.

Flagstaff is once again proving difficult to maximize our talent, falling to Memphis and Scranton in the last two OOC games to start the season and then squeezing by undefeated Santa Fe 110-103. We like our points in the west. Entered the rankings at an initial rating of 73 so there is work to be done, especially with new conference foe Albuquerque looking stout as ever. If I'm not careful my two losses in the DeACCOn Invitational may cost me a NTT birth once again. C32 has suddenly turned into one of the best conferences in the nation.

Yeah, Tim Morgan is awesome, but a PITA bc there is another Tim Morgan in r14, I belive, and SSC doesn't export both stats - just the r14 Tim Morgan twice - which messes up my record keeping.

Haha didn't notice that when I went through the spreadsheet. Hopefully I benefit due to middling prefs and a case of mistaken identity :cool:

I think L7 is getting empty judging from recruits. We'll see for sure on reveal. It's a shame since kmoney was putting a lot of new coaches in our league about 10 seasons ago - recruiting then got real tough. It's a shame the game's owner (several of them, since our time playing) doesn't make any changes to make it more user friendly to new players. They put off marketing the game until changes can be made, but they never are. Always too busy. Shame.

Agreed on the "we'll see" - cause that ain't the case with my 3 maxes. And I am a notoriously bad netter, so I have that going for me. Which is nice?

Admittedly I went low key on my netters but only 1 of 12 show as top 75 as of today. So we'll see how the reveal is but might be good for boca.

My results are closer to awaken and Storm than they are to tau and DaDeacs, I think.

I have 2 unranked maxes, and my soft max (Tex Randle, who I leaked as a max) is unranked, too. Of the 15 people in my pretty aggressive net, 13 are unranked. Definitely good signs for me, but bad signs for L7 on the whole.

Back