• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Right. But I doubt we're going to sit around and wait at least a month or two for that after the game is already up. Why not start new teams and get all of us in the same conference?

Love this idea. Maybe we should reach out to Kmoney and see if he will set us all up to be in same conference?

not that i have any abandonment issues stemming from past conference bros suddenly up-and-leaving or anything

count me in...that would be one crazy conference!

We'd kill each other :D, and Local recruiting would have brutal, but epic, battles. It would also eliminate the need for the DeACCon tournament - which could be good or bad. Alternative suggestion: We could take the North Division of consecutive conferences. That would give us 6 H&H against Deacons, perhaps some OOC in the DeACCon, and the opportunity to play other iconic coaches or crappy cpu teams to boost our record. Local recruiting would still be "interesting." This is a zero sum game, and the losers will lose hope and abandon. Just like in real college bb, you need some cupcakes - college ball schedules its Nov-Dec schedule that way. There are some good tournaments (sim to our DeACCon), but most teams want to be 9-1 or 10-0 heading into their conference schedule. That said, I wonder what kmoney's definition of a full league is?

I would like to get other ACC/other conference teams interested. We had some Wolfpackers back in the day. Any still play? Anyone post regularly on another board to promote the game without being seen as a spammer? Maryland? Our board seems to play a lot of other games with them. Get them interested in the mid-Atlantic/midwest area. You'd think Kentucky, Indiana, UNC, and Duke fans would like this game. They seem to think they are bball geniuses due to their affiliation. Probably too early to approach anyone new now, but good to have a plan.

Coach awaKen, you wussing out of a tough conference?

I'm all for being the wolfpacks representative if he actually ever gets this thing going again.

not that i have any abandonment issues stemming from past conference bros suddenly up-and-leaving or anything

If you're referring to me taking a break, I needed a break after playing for quite some time before you showed up. It happens. I came back. Don't see any need to make a stink about it.

We'd kill each other :D, and Local recruiting would have brutal, but epic, battles. It would also eliminate the need for the DeACCon tournament - which could be good or bad.

We'd still have league 7 when it eventually gets ported over. It will be brutal but I think that's what makes it fun. All of us duking it out for various recruits, trying to land out of region guys to supplement. The winner should certainly do well in NTT because of making it out of such an active conference.

Any update on this?

He updated on the 28th and said he expects to start testing later this month, has it ready to run a season, but recruiting and postseason are not done yet.

That's actually promising.

...and there is no lack of people willing to test. I understand wanting to be one of the first to play the game, but real software testing is a freaking chore - playing from test scripts to hit every possible scenario. This means having to do things in the game you would not normally want to do. Otherwise, you're left with weird, random bugs like "hey, did you know if you put an injured person in your lineup at a position where you are maxing somebody, you are guaranteed to sign him!" Or, "if you start all guards on your last game, you will sign a max center." kmoney should have logging turned on high on his end, so he can review the cpu/rng side of gameplay while testing is occurring.

Wasn't he planning on it being open source? I think it would make testing go a lot smoother / more productive if individuals had the capacity to simulate at will.

are there any updates? i have forgotten my passwords

thanks

kmoney update:

kmoney: Will Achilles ever catch the tortoise?? Not in October, but we're getting close. I'm going to start setting up the test server this coming week. Still more code to write as well. My only prediction that has been anywhere near accurate was that my predictions would be terrible, so I'll just say now that I will be very sad if we still haven't begun testing by December (and to be fair, all I claimed earlier was that October would be "possible"!).

Also let me mention again.. anyone unfortunate enough to be among the first testers is sure to be disappointed. :) ;) :( (on the other hand, no matter how rough around the edges, it is fun to see a DTL team and set a lineup.

Yeah, he's not managing expectations very well at all. It is not uncommon for IT projects to be late - so I keep telling myself that. But when kmoney quit his job, I thought this would get his undivided attention, be improved, and be a legitimate revenue stream for him. I was wrong on all counts. It's still a side project/labor of love thing...which is fine, I guess. I gotta stop anticipating this thing coming back, and adopt RSF's "whatever" approach. It's like someone is moving back Christmas.

He's just lost all credibility... Originally, it was going to be a year. Remember that? And remember how people have offered, time and time again, to help him get things back up and running? Like, at some point, either take the help, or be realistic with the project. Dude can't have it both ways.

Back