• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Amarillo Nightmare 89
Cincinnati 4 Way Deacs 87

Close one that assured Amarillo of a .500 Deacon Invitational record. Being 1-1, I am doubting my recruiting strategy a bit. Maybe need to avoid winning players another season... My team is so spotting on shooting that we're going to have a bunch of ups and downs, winning some we shouldn't and losing some we shouldn't. Diego Carlisle my SO SG had 28. A season high.

I feel like this game hates me, I am +11 rebounding and get housed on the boards every night.

Looking like a coaching problem to me.

Looking like a coaching problem to me.

I don't disagree, I don't have a ton to work with. I figured running a fast paced would help, we can't score, but theoretically should be able to rebound and get second and third chances. Hasn't happened. Maybe ill slow it down, but we can't defend either, so that just might keep games close. We also are extremely unathletic which is leading to a crazy amount of foul outs. It's a real struggle.

Have a few other options if any of these get more action than anticipated but as of right now, Stillwater will be maxing:

17 Marshall
8 Brown
5 Bailey
1 Kelley

Amarillo's Maxes.

Nickolas Coleman 22
Andre Burchfield 22
Carlos Fuller 4
Hunter Gilley 5

Last edited:
Durham off to a 2-3 start in the Deacon Invitational. Strangely, our wins are against the better teams we've played - ranked #33 and #67 last year. Losses have been to #95, 170, 104. I understand this team will be taking a step back, but trying to determine how big a step that will be.

Trying local maxes to hopefully limit the competition
Austin Maiorana r9
Andrew Lujan r9
Zaire Billings r10

5-0 in the Deacon Invitational. I haven't made any major coaching moves. Just keeping it on 5/5 to see what happens.

Any word when we will be able to schedule exhibitions again?

No idea on my maxes. I haven't even really looked at the spreadsheet.

Have a few other options if any of these get more action than anticipated but as of right now, Stillwater will be maxing:

17 Marshall
8 Brown
5 Bailey
1 Kelley [replaced by 21 Brock]

Kelley is maxed per the simboards and I'm not looking to get in a definite tie for him...going to jump in the 21 Brock sweepstakes instead. Pretty sure that'll be my final list though if I get a chance this afternoon I'll take a final peek to see if any are getting too much attention.

I lost all my max ties last time. I'm not going to hesitate to jump in for a guy who matches my prefs.

Amarillo's Maxes.

Nickolas Coleman 22
Andre Burchfield 22
Carlos Fuller 4
Hunter Gilley 5

Not surprised but Burchfield and Fuller have been listed. I'm sticking on them though as prefs are favorable. Unless they get mentioned again in the next few hours.

Unfortunately have been able to put very little time into recruiting this cycle. With a poor team and not much I can do about it I probably won't be very active until closer to the reveal and final week of the season. Flagstaff is maxing:

Rogers 31
Brooks 32
Gary 30
Percell 12

Ouch...

Andre Burchfield (21)
Carlos Fuller (15)
Hunter Gilley (20)
Nickolas Coleman (22)

ROFL....

Same here

Rogers (14)
Brooks (NR)
Gary (31)
Percell (32)

Lucking out and landing a scorer like Gary or Percell would make a world of difference to this team and i'm thinking about rolling the dice until I can land someone worth a damn....

C10 Andrew Lujan (24)
C27 Kristopher Schmeling
C11 Sebastian Ponds (53)
C10 Zaire Billings (49)

Pretty happy about this. I came up with a system to project who will be in the Most Recruited list. I picked 3 guys likely to be on it and one who wasn't and the system was right. Almost all my net were projected not to be on the list and not a single one was in there. After missing so many ties last time, I figured I needed only max bigs and get guards from the net.

Suffered my first loss to Las Vegas. I'll take a 2-1 start.

More about the Most Recruited predictor. It identified 135 players most likely to be on the list. 58 were on the list. The other 17 were on the next tier of 56 players. None of the 497 unlikely to make the list were on the list.

Can anybody send me the first 3 spreadsheets of the system? I'm doing a game log to track recruits. For example, I just found out that one of my maxes had a near triple double on Wed (14/11/9).

Last edited:
Purposefully did not put points on my guys last night and OMG...

Andre Burchfield (7)
Carlos Fuller (8)
Nickolas Coleman (10)
Hunter Gilley (28)

3 of them jumped top 10... :(

I'm staying on Gilley but I might drop off 1 or 2 of these and hope for some luck in the net. Only 4 of my netters are top 75.

Back