• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

i haven't been posting because my team is so bad and lacking talent, but we (#7 seed) find ourself in the tournament championship against the #1 team. i am feeling confident!!!

another dreadful recruiting season but it looks like i have two guys now. thank God as i did not have any leads or anyone really within reach but nobody moved on these guys and opened the door...but now the chase (people trying to steal from me) is on for both guys!

I didn't really follow my team during the Thanksgiving week - let some tall guy named Manning try his hand at coaching. Three straight L's. Took back the reins for the tournament as the 5 seed, and beat #4 and #1. Playing #2 for the title. Winner gets his brains bashed in the NTT. No one in C10 is ranked better than 100, so right now it's a big cripple fight. Whoever gets a good recruiting class first becomes king of the hill.

Recruiting
Andrew Lujan....2/2
Austin Maiorana.3/3
Zaire Billings..2/2
Andrea Hatfield..CL
George Bell.....0/1

I'll probably miss all my maxes, and sign two leads and a walk-on. I'm clear on a girl, Andrea Hatfield. At first, I thought it was a dude with a European name of "Andrew," but with the last name of Hatfield, no, it's a chick. Moved to Asheville from Kentucky. Still a good player - good height, big hands, hairy, cankles - all the features you look for in a player.... and prom date. The only issue with signing her is that I cannot sign anyone named McCoy during her fours years in Durham.

2/3 chance for either of us on Lujan and Billings. So watch neither of us get them.

Getting into the NTT would be a huge advantage in Win for you over the rest of the conference.

I'm going to be forced into a big lineup next year. My best returning assist men are my 6-6 PF and 6-7 bPF.

My only recruited freshman is doing well at SG. I have a CL who should be a good bSG. My CL max Big should be a fine bC. Billings or Lujan would give me a good class.

Recruiting is going to be an adventure in Flagstaff as well. If I don't pull in one of my stud max players it will be another really tough season as the talent just isn't there and the guys in the net are non scorers and back up guys.

Larry Gary is a 4/4 and is in region 30. I'm in region 32 and he's a Fair- local but with an EXC Impact and a Fair Win. Local working against me but the impact is in my favor against the out of region teams as they are all NTT teams with talent coming back. I put this at pretty close to a 20% chance for all 5 teams.

Ryan Percell is a 3/3 and is another that has no tips on his thoughts due to his prefs. Again, close to a 25% chance for all involved.

Joseph Brooks is a 2/2 and is my only hope at bringing in any size this class. All local teams so another crap shoot there.

So i'm guessing about a 40% chance I land none of the 3. Hoping I get lucky. Brooks would be fine, but really need one of Percell or Gary to get this thing off the ground.

Looks like i'm going to be able to get CL's on guards by the end of signing day who are all relatively the same. All on the small side with good defense, decent athleticism and questionable hands/intelligence. If any come in good there, i'll have a few decent options at PG/bPG. All in the hands of the RNG now.

Deacon Tourney Time again folks. Anyone NOT interested this go round?

Amarillo, made it to the PTT after an 9-9 season losing in our conf tournament only to the #1 ranked Norman. His recruiting class from last year is tearing it up. Hate that I am facing off with him for 1 of my recruits. With only 1 real CL, I might be taking a step back this cycle. :(

In the RTT after losing a close game to a 200+ opponent. I'm desperate for some recruiting help.

Stillwater managed to hold on against 7 seed Austin to lock up the c26 tournament, after managing to win the regular season w/ a 6-4 conference record and a decent PR. Don't think we're actually an NTT level team but its nice to be going given that we came into the season with overall class ranking #144 and there are still a lot of scrubs on the roster. Our highly-touted freshmen class have definitely lived up to their billing so far.

Recruiting looks pretty much the same but a big :fu: to Cincinatti for pushing on Marotti...didn't have much of a chance of picking up a third lead to begin with but that chance is 0 if I have to put 17 on him.

Awaken, storm, anyone who was in the test league - any insights on recruiting by computer coaches in nDTL. Still the same where they put X number of points on every week, if I'm remembering that correctly?

You are remembering correctly. I think they max two locals and then put 7-8 pts/week on other recruits.

Durham loses in C10 final and is a 16 seed in the PTT. Get #1 seed to start.

Stillwater managed to hold on against 7 seed Austin to lock up the c26 tournament, after managing to win the regular season w/ a 6-4 conference record and a decent PR. Don't think we're actually an NTT level team but its nice to be going given that we came into the season with overall class ranking #144 and there are still a lot of scrubs on the roster. Our highly-touted freshmen class have definitely lived up to their billing so far.

Recruiting looks pretty much the same but a big :fu: to Cincinatti for pushing on Marotti...didn't have much of a chance of picking up a third lead to begin with but that chance is 0 if I have to put 17 on him.

Awaken, storm, anyone who was in the test league - any insights on recruiting by computer coaches in nDTL. Still the same where they put X number of points on every week, if I'm remembering that correctly?

Haha bro - you said you were maxing him, I am just trying to stay close in case you got others - my options for my 3rd spot are very mediocre.

Haha...you guys are in position to get a third in recruiting.

Shhhhhiiiittttt....

Going through my lineup, I realized I lost to the Clearwater Illini on Friday.

Third OT loss of the season.

I did a little analysis and looked at the correlation between recruiting rankings and wins. The correlation was about .55, so pretty high. But what was most interesting is that the correlation between freshman class recruiting rankings and wins was about .40 and far higher than the other classes.

So basically, teams winning now are teams that recruited well last season. So it may take awhile for things to sort out. At least I'm holding out hope for that.

#16 Durham over #1 Pueblo, 75-63.

Now clear on George Bell, from 0/1. So I have that and total enlightenment when I die, which is nice.

Deacon Invitation Schedule

Rankings
Seed ID Team Rank
1 204 Stillwater 31
2 188 San Antonio 80
3 80 Durham 105
4 127 St. Louis 120
5 64 Oxford 123
6 65 St. Martinville 183
7 256 Flagstaff 203
8 124 Cincinnati 235
9* 77 Myrtle Beach 160
10** 192 Amarillo 97
* 2nd Highest Ranked Conference 10 team
** 2nd Highest Ranked Conference 24 team

Schedule
Exh 1 1 10 Stillwater(204) Amarillo(192)
2 9 San Antonio(188) Myrtle Beach(77)
3 8 Durham(80) Cincinnati(124)
4 7 St. Louis(127) Flagstaff(256)
5 6 Oxford(64) St. Martinville(65)
Exh 2 1 8 Stillwater(204) Cincinnati(124)
2 7 San Antonio(188) Flagstaff(256)
3 6 Durham(80) St. Martinville(65)
4 10 St. Louis(127) Amarillo(192)
5 9 Oxford(64) Myrtle Beach(77)
Exh 3 1 7 Stillwater(204) Flagstaff(256)
2 6 San Antonio(188) St. Martinville(65)
3 5 Durham(80) Oxford(64)
4 9 St. Louis(127) Myrtle Beach(77)
8 10 Cincinnati(124) Amarillo(192)
OOC Game 1 1 4 Stillwater(204) St. Louis(127)
2 3 San Antonio(188) Durham(80)
5 8 Oxford(64) Cincinnati(124)
6 9 St. Martinville(65) Myrtle Beach(77)
7 10 Flagstaff(256) Amarillo(192)
OOC Game 2 1 3 Stillwater(204) Durham(80)
2 4 San Antonio(188) St. Louis(127)
5 7 Oxford(64) Flagstaff(256)
8 9 Cincinnati(124) Myrtle Beach(77)
6 10 St. Martinville(65) Amarillo(192)
OOC Game 3 1 2 Stillwater(204) San Antonio(188)
3 4 Durham(80) St. Louis(127)
5 6 Oxford(64) St. Martinville(65)
8 7 Cincinnati(124) Flagstaff(256)
9 10 Myrtle Beach(77) Amarillo(192)

Last edited:
Requested. Just want to be double check that we are playing Oxford twice. Don't mind it, either way.

I decided on my top 3, warak or anyone, if you are worried about a walkon and want a more sure thing, I am CL on this guy and not going to take him, hes not ideal, though:

Nicholas Wilbur - 6'1 SG - E scouted F+GF-E-FG+ - so a guaranteed +4, with a F+ shooting, which isnt bad, but his HS numbers are weird - and for me, I need height, I have 3 excellent rebounding guards right now all under 6'1, which is not helpful at all.

Requested. Just want to be double check that we are playing Oxford twice. Don't mind it, either way.

SOB... Just roll with it and I'll fix for next go round.

Update: Think I fixed the issue on the spreadsheet but let's keep things as is for ease.

Last edited:
Back