• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

An almost best case class for Flagstaff as we land a 3/3 and 4/4 tie for Ryan Percell (+5) and Larry Gary (+6) and also bring in a +4 netter. All guards in this class but we added some scoring punch and if they play as I expect, should make our first legitimate run at an NTT run with this class. More to come later....

As I mentioned above, great signing day for Flagstaff. We brought in the 23/31 class and it will give the program an instant shot in the arm and a major talent influx.

Larry Gary (+6) - shooting splits of 47/38/66 and averaged 28.5 ppg. Once again, I still do not understand how an EXC shooter can be such a poor FT shooter. Just makes no sense. Regardless, Gary will instantly become our best scoring option and will hopefully light up opposing teams for 4 years. He's got a great handle and athleticism to boot so i'll play around with him at SG and PG and try to find the best fit, should be able to handle either. Think he will be a SG as I have plenty of options at PG including...

Ryan Percell (+5) Percell came in about where we had hoped (dropped a bit in his hands but as a guy who had almost a 4/1 assist/TO margin in HS in high school he will get the starting nod at PG. he is athletic, can shoot it, and can play D as well. He's a great addition to the team and we are welcome to have him.

Matthew Wieck (+4/-1) - Wieck was a net guy we found early and while he is slight in size, he is athletic, can play some D and has a great handle. Not the strongest student in the world but averaged almost 8 assist a game. Kid can pass the ball.

Overall a +15/-1 class that gives us 4 useful guards and IMO 2 potential studs. I'm 100% with you awaken, the class rankings and attributes that the guys come in with just don't add up/make sense. I know this class is short on height but it's a lot more "talented" in the attributes than the mags gave them credit for based on what other guys with highly rated classes have posted on the DTL message boards. Will be interested to see how all of these guys come out and how the teams shake out. Will be going after a ton of height next class, will need it going forward. Congrats to the others with great classes, should be a fun little "tourney" we have set up to start the year.

awaken, Scrimmages is in the My Team menu.

79/106 class, all from my net. The ball will not be going into the bucket often for St. Martinville. Thought I had a good chance at an E local in conference 3/3 tie, with F on the other two preferences. He ended up two conferences over. Oh well.

storm and tau, I sent you scrimmages with my probable starting lineups.

I also put out two open scrimmages starting my freshmen and players who were NA last season. One got taken before I even finished this post.

I also put out two open scrimmages starting my freshmen and players who were NA last season. One got taken before I even finished this post.

Accepted. Made one tweak to my lineup with my bigs and gave my freshmen the greenest of green lights. Look forward to seeing what happens.

Thanks. Are there any play-by-play programs out there? Does SuperViewer work on the new format? Those stats were extremely useful. I feel like I'm coaching blind.

So the scrimmages that I sent to Any were picked up were already run. That's cool.

I've been sitting a 6-6/231 FFFFEG on NA for two seasons. I played him at SF in this scrimmage and he went 19/4 on 8-10 fg and 16/9 on 7-20 fg. Another NA had 10/7 at SG in one game. My freshman C had 28/9/3 blk on 13-14 shooting in the first game. He only had 2/5 in the 2nd game on 1-2 shooting, but that's very positive. Won the first game by 21 and lost the second by 9.

Last edited:
Do I vaguely remember there being a penalty for playing a 6'8" guy at PG? Good athlete, Good hands, Good intelligence. If he were 6'4" there would be no question he's my best option there.

There was before. I have a 6-7 guy I'm considering at PG.

Do I vaguely remember there being a penalty for playing a 6'8" guy at PG? Good athlete, Good hands, Good intelligence. If he were 6'4" there would be no question he's my best option there.

Used to be in the old model. Not sure on the new one. Some coaches have had it work before no problem but usually it's a problem. At least worth a try for a few games early on.

I've got a traditionally sized guard I will try there first, but yeah. This team is going nowhere this year anyways, so I'll give him some reps at some point.

My best PG in the old model was 6'7" unathletic and couldn't shoot. I just tossed him there due to an injury his junior year and he started putting up double digits in assists.

PH, looks like the scrimmage didn't process for some reason. Looks good on my end so may need you to re-confirm? May want to recheck your end. If it looks like it's good on your end I may be missing something.

I was late accepting, but it's been accepted.

At St. Louis we ended up with a class that was 88/70. We won a tie on our second best recruit and had a walk on as well.
Christian Mejia +7 6-0
He was our only clear max. I'm pleased to have him. He'll start the year at PG, but hopefully I'll get a decent PG in next year's class. Then I'll move him to SG. Until then he'll be a shoot first PG.
Salvatore Britton +3/-1. 6-7

He was a better that I had a tie on. I thought his rebounding would be better, but alas its a poor. We'll be working on that! He'll start the season as bSF.
And last but least..
Shane Lemley. +1/-1. 6-4
I got stuck with him. I guess it could have been worse. He'll hopefully will stay in the land of NA his entire career.

I'm guessing we'll be a little worse than last season. O need the next two classes to not suck. They were both in the 200s. A broken tie in my favor, and some height would help loads.

PH, looks like the scrimmage didn't process for some reason. Looks good on my end so may need you to re-confirm? May want to recheck your end. If it looks like it's good on your end I may be missing something.

I was late accepting, but it's been accepted.

Looks like the scrimmages run at 10 am and 6 pm PST. Thanks for the games. I'm pretty excited about this team. I played 6-7/246 GGEFEE Zaire Billings at SF. He had 30/3/5/2/2 vs. storm and 16/3/5 vs. tau. He combined for 22-23 FT in both games. Weirdly he only played 20 min despite only having 2 fouls.

Good to know. Thanks for shooting it my way!

Does anybody have last season's signing list by college? I thought I copied it but I can't find it.

I put up two more scrimmages.

Last edited:
I don't know what to make of this game. I forgot to set my roster and left a FFFFEG former NA player at SF. He was my leading scorer with 15 on 6-9 fg in his first ever non-exhibition game. Three of my bench were in double figures.

Make sure you don't forget to recruit this week.

Teams off to a fun but interesting start through 4 games (and a scrimmage) against fellow OGBoard posters. Have gone 2-3 in those 5 games but picked up a win Monday in the first OOC game of the year:

Amarillo Nightmare 80
Flagstaff Whippersnappers 88

We knew this team would be run through the guards and boy was that evident Monday. Freshmen Ryan Percell and Larry Gary combined to go 23-33 for a total of 66 points. Rest of the team chipped in just enough to squeak out the victory. Appreciate the game storm, good luck the rest of the way.

So far, the results for prized recruit Larry Gary have gone better than I could have ever imagined. In the four games on the slate so far (omitting my scrimmage against PH) Gary has scorched the nets to the tune of: 44/69 overall shooting (63.7%) and 22/31 from 3 (70.1%) and an average of 287ppg. Doubt he can keep it up but boy are we going to give him every chance to do that. Hell of a start for the freshman and he's looking like the best shooter i've ever coached. Yes please.

Back