• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Very surprised to be undefeated in the Deacon Invitational. All games were close though. Durham almost squandered a 14 pt lead to start the final 10 mins to hold off San Antonio 56-54.

Jinxed myself and lost the next game to Stillwater Deep Runs (great name, btw). Late TO's turned tie game to down 2 possessions, and he made his late FT's. Good game.

Let's share our maxes again so we don't waste precious schollies or RP's on netters who are maxed by others.

Durham is maxing
Brandon Thomas c10 (there is another recruit by same name in c22)
Terrell Mixon c11
Dallas Green c7

Be careful of the Fair scout with an Exc- attribute. These often fall TWO slots to Fair. If a recruit is like this and has middling stats, he'll likely drop that far.

They really need to curb the same name recruits. That screws up analysis.

Somehow I had two bench guys play under 6 min with the whole team on 5/5. No foul trouble.

Haven’t really looked at recruiting yet. Plan to max two PGs and two high impact 6-10+ players.

Took the L to a pretty solid team this week. Looks like they were NTT last year and have a really good senior class. My freshman guards ran into some experienced defensive guards and they had a big I couldn't handle. All part of the process though.

Recruiting wise, Flagstaff will be maxing:

Anthony Manns R21
Juan Stowe R31
Sergio Broown R31
Xavier Leach R23

Think they will all probably be pretty highly recruited, hope I can land one or find a few guys in the net....

Subject to change, but for now Stillwater is on:

29 Anthony Fagan
28 Jaden Young
30 Kenneth Burns
9 Andres Tanner

Last edited:
My Most Recruited projections were pretty solid last season. One player in this class has a 99.9% chance of being on the Most Recruited list. C17 Infant Fleming. 7-0/263. Poor Scout GEFG_G. Not too bright, but averaging 26.5 pts, 14.8 reb, and 5.5 blks. He had 24 and 25 with 6 blks on Monday. Fair Local, None + Win, None Impact. He's a total crapshoot.

I'm guessing he's at least a 10/10. Gotta be plenty of teams willing to take a flier on him.

Myrtle Beach is maxing:

John Lavery C11
Timothy Wellman C16
Ryan Leinbach C19
Brody Nicolson C21

Durham is maxing
Brandon Thomas c10 (there is another recruit by same name in c22) - #70
Terrell Mixon c11 - NR
Dallas Green c7 - #11

Pretty happy with how my players came in on Most Recruited. VERY happy to come out of the Deacon Invitational at 5-1 with a victory over St Louis.

I have a big goal in replacing a 11/18 senior class this year, then it is two consecutive classes around 200/200. So I have an opportunity to improve the team if I can reasonably hold serve this year.

Only two max and two net in the Most Recruited. Very pleased.

Lavery was#34 and Scott was # 58. The other two maxes were not on the list. I'm really happy Phelps wasn't on the list. Hopefully Phelps and/or Kitzmiller are clears.
None of my net was on the list. So I have hope!!
The next two classes are 200 level classes, so there's room for improvement there!

Please post your crazy box scores.

http://drivethelane.com/box?gid=g5624EC51C688

My Myrtle Beach beat storm's Amarillo squad 67-60. Amarillo outshot Myrtle 57 to 37.

The key to the game? Myrtle shot 22-37 fg and 22-36 ft.

Amarillo committed 27 fouls. Myrtle's stud freshman Zaire Billings is 20-22 ft in the last two games.

Cincy maxes are:

Benjamin LeBlanc r17
Dawson Dillard r17
Jesus Jones r16

Jones is the only one in the top 75, expected Dillard to be there with his stats, happy he isn't.

I'm seeing some surprising omissions from my expected top 75. Anyone else? Does this mean coaches are quitting already?

I think after two seasons of missing, some coaches may be exploring more safe options. There’s no margin for error in this league.

Also some people may have slacked off recruiting with the holidays. I almost forgot to put mine in during the bowl game.

I’ll post my expected Top 75 vs the actual later today.

I'm seeing some surprising omissions from my expected top 75. Anyone else? Does this mean coaches are quitting already?

I think with the holiday falling right on recruiting week, a lot of folks might have forgot. This is why I went aggressive with my maxes. Sorry for not posting before now. (I've been mostly away from my PC now for over a week!)

Aaron Caston (24)
Christopher Bruckner (4)
Kale Brainard (28)
Theodore Whitaker NR

Subject to change, but for now Stillwater is on:

29 Anthony Fagan [dropped for 8 Alvin Hornback]
28 Jaden Young
30 Kenneth Burns
9 Andres Tanner

Recruiting is not looking great so far in Stillwater. All 4 maxes ranked - not unexpected except maybe Hornback - and a couple have taken hits to their stats in the past couple games. Net isn't too bad in terms of ranked players but went with a small one this season and the guys who are ranked are the ones I was more excited about.

On the plus side we've rattled off six straight W's since the exh#1 loss to storm. Our offense seems to be really clicking but our defense certainly has room for improvement. I'm optimistic about making a return to the NTT this season but I think we're still a few pieces short of where I'd like to be.

update re recruiting: I noticed in the reveal of the test league that interim coaches have maxed players against their local preferences. It appears interim coaches are selecting max players randomly rather than local recruits with local prefs.

Back