• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

If there is a guy sitting at 50 that didn’t get any points put on him last week is that more than likely a human coach thinking he has him wrapped up or a computer coach? Any thoughts?

Go ahead and chase him.

I have two clear leads and I put points on several players with 40-50 points to try to be in second place for them. Anything to avoid a walk on.

Last edited:
Yea i'm for sure going to pursue. Just thought it was odd for that guy to be at 50 at the reveal as a CL and then the owner to not move anything on him the next week.

Yea i'm for sure going to pursue. Just thought it was odd for that guy to be at 50 at the reveal as a CL and then the owner to not move anything on him the next week.

Subtract 15 (first week bonus) and divide remainder by 3. If it divides evenly, could be cpu. In the case of 50, 50-15 = 35. 35/3 = 11.67. So probably not a cpu, but human coach. Also, the cpu keeps adding same weekly points regardless of lead or trail. So if he sat at 50 for a week, then human coach. First, I would get to 28 RPE to get in the "signing round" and be the second choice if leader signs 3 better players. Once at 28, decide if you want to push the leader or not. He may be in so many other battles that he cannot endure one more.

Rebounded from losing to #123 and #145 to beat #56. No real changes in recruiting. Like Ph, I went shopping for walk-on insurance. Found a big projected at FFFGGG, and a guard who is a great shooter, but cannot defend, pass or do much else. Kind of a bSG with shot settings set high.

If you need encouragement, check out the #1 ranked OKC Commodores. Nothing special recruiting-wise (below), just getting by on great shooting senior:
Recruiting
SH HW
Fr 86/20
So 119/134
Jr 155/202
Se 84/38

Last edited:
Encouragement? Just means I’m a shitty coach.

well, i haven't been posting much. we are struggling to keep above .500 this season, which is a task with no talent on this team. the good news is that i might actually get some recruits this season!!!

please tell me if these guys are any good...

Julio Barrett 6-0 (1) - i have a lead on this guy
William Young 6-7 (28) - right now CL, but someone will come around
Chase Thomas 6-7 (30) - right now CL, might stay that way

ties:

Peter Wilson (25) 6-7 (15) - 4/4
Ryan Skinner (28) 6-4 (32) - 4/4
Thomas Donnelly 6-6 (20) - 1/1

this would be a huge class for me, as i have brought in 4 walk-ons in the last two classes (and two last chance guys). i think anyone i get will start next season.

Last edited:
Based on what I have seen, rebounding is coming in all over the board. I had a center that averaged 8.5 that came in Fair, and one with 10.1 boards that was E scouted G-, a PF that averaged 6.6 boards that came in at None, a PF that averaged 10.1 that came in at Excellent. Obvs there are other factors involved, but of all the attributes, boards seem to be the toughest to predict for any Fair or worse scouted player.

Finally seem to be pulling away on two recruits outside of my three max ties:

Keaton Cartwright, conf 17, 7'0 C - Fair scouted GGN-G-P+ - Based on his stats (8 points, 12 boards, 3.5 blocks), expecting him to come in at FEPGGF, which would be a solid bC or starting Center if I can get some more scorers in my other 4 positions.

Garrett Anderson, conf 17, 6'3 SF - Fair scouted E+FF-N-F - averaging 18 points, 5 boards, 2 assists and 1.3 steals, expecting more of a GGFFEF at the worst, with defense maybe sticking at Fair. I would think 5 boards as a 6'3 SF would be good rated, but I can't see it bumping from N- to G.

If I can win one of my ties, preferably Benjamin LeBlanc at PG, these two would be solid plugs for my team that is graduating a class of 1 stud, and 2 also rans - my senior SG is +7 (not that it translated on the court), the other two are +4/-2 combined.

Based on what I have seen, rebounding is coming in all over the board. I had a center that averaged 8.5 that came in Fair, and one with 10.1 boards that was E scouted G-, a PF that averaged 6.6 boards that came in at None, a PF that averaged 10.1 that came in at Excellent. Obvs there are other factors involved, but of all the attributes, boards seem to be the toughest to predict for any Fair or worse scouted player.

Based on the simboards, the game has some deficiencies. Rebounding issue has been noted - back to October, I think - by many. Stats do not correlate to attributes. Along the same lines, height does not seem to matter yet in rebounding, blocks, scoring, etc. Stamina is not coded or turned up enough to matter. This hurts me, bc I schemed/coached with Stamina back in the old game. Whatever code he has to allow/encourage "occasional" upsets is turned up too high. Individual FT% variance is too high, too. Folks ran 10-20 scrimmages against each other with unchanged lineups, and there was a lot of volatility in things like team FTA which drove the results.

You'd think a RNG itself would take care of these issues, but I guess not. :shrug In time, he will attend to these things, but you know how quickly he turns over code. So sit back, and enjoy the game for what it is. Play the game before you, not the idealized game it should be, or was. It's imperfect, so exploit those imperfections. The test league is available to you. A large part of my success in oDTL was learning what the game (over-) rewarded, such as Stamina, and scheme for it. Until the programmed "upsets" issue is fixed, take all results with a grain of salt. It's still a pretty good game.

Anyone not interested in the DeACCon invitational this cycle? I'll make the schedule early next week and post. Let me know before Tuesday.

Team has fallen apart down the stretch this year but I’m in.

I'm in it to perform well IN it then fall apart midseason.

So do you recruit for stats or ratings? I have a net 1/1 lead on two 6-2 SGs as prospective PGs.

C23 Dylan Bridges is Poor Scout GEGG_G with 10/4/3 averages on a 9-8 team. He has more assists than a senior PG and SF. The PG has None Hands and 4.5 turnovers a game.
C31 Kevin Jolly is Fair Scout with FGGG_F with 15/4/3 averages on a 7-10 team. He has more assists than a senior SF and PF.

I have two CLs, so these are to prevent a net. Neither has great numbers. Seems like the numbers are similar enough that the better bet would be Bridges.

Last edited:
Durham squeaked out a 64-60 victory over Myrtle Beach thanks to 7/13 shooting from 3. Otherwise, it looks like MB won every other statistical category. We sealed it with some late three's then FT's - Manning strategy vs Syracuse.

I got caught being greedy in recruiting, spreading points too thin. My CL on Terence Mixon went to 0/1 bc I didn't continue maxing him. I put 10 on Nicholas Bryant, the shoot-only bSG. There were several of us at 10-11 RPE - scouting in the secondary market. Someone maxed him, and I don't even lead on him. I'll fall off and concentrate on Mixon.

san antonio is in for the tournament - #114

DeACCon Time - Schedule

Rankings
Seed ID Team Rank
1 204 Stillwater 19
2 80 Durham 65
3 188 San Antonio 119
4 256 Flagstaff 135
5 124 Cincinnati 148
6 64 Oxford 152
7 ** 192 Amarillo 129
8 * 77 Myrtle Beach 141
9 65 St. Martinville 193
10 127 St. Louis 215
* 2nd Highest Ranked Conference 10 team
** 2nd Highest Ranked Conference 24 team

Schedule
Exh 1 1 10 Stillwater(204) St. Louis(127)
2 9 Durham(80) St. Martinville(65)
3 8 San Antonio(188) Myrtle Beach(77)
4 7 Flagstaff(256) Amarillo(192)
5 6 Cincinnati(124) Oxford(64)
Exh 2 1 8 Stillwater(204) Myrtle Beach(77)
2 7 Durham(80) Amarillo(192)
3 6 San Antonio(188) Oxford(64)
4 10 Flagstaff(256) St. Louis(127)
5 9 Cincinnati(124) St. Martinville(65)
Exh 3 1 7 Stillwater(204) Amarillo(192)
2 6 Durham(80) Oxford(64)
3 5 San Antonio(188) Cincinnati(124)
4 9 Flagstaff(256) St. Martinville(65)
8 10 Myrtle Beach(77) St. Louis(127)
OOC Game 1 1 4 Stillwater(204) Flagstaff(256)
2 3 Durham(80) San Antonio(188)
5 8 Cincinnati(124) Myrtle Beach(77)
6 9 St. Louis(127) St. Martinville(65)
7 10 Amarillo(192) Oxford(64)
OOC Game 2 1 3 Stillwater(204) San Antonio(188)
2 4 Durham(80) Flagstaff(256)
5 7 Cincinnati(124) Amarillo(192)
8 9 Myrtle Beach(77) St. Martinville(65)
6 10 Oxford(64) St. Louis(127)
OOC Game 3 1 2 Stillwater(204) Durham(80)
3 4 San Antonio(188) Flagstaff(256)
5 6 Cincinnati(124) St. Louis(127)
8 7 Myrtle Beach(77) Amarillo(192)
9 10 St. Martinville(65) Oxford(64)

Back