• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

how do his fga compare year to year? is it sharing the ball more or just lower percentages? I had the wild fluctuations in shooting percentages year to year.

Big difference.

Last year - 4.2/9.0 (46.8%)
This year - 2.1/5.2 (39.7%)

The two big changes in the lineup were that the PG went from 2.5/5.0 to 3.4/7.2 and Labar at C is 5.1/9.1 compared to Schmelling last year with 4.0/8.1. SG and PF made small gains in FGA. So basically he's not getting touches like he used to. The PG is more assertive and the other spots are taking more shots.

Flagstaff seems to have finally put it all together to end the season. Just too much talent not to. We have won our last 5 including against conference leader Tacoma. Of course, Tacoma (who was undefeated in the conference until the loss to me) goes and loses his next game to winless (and 254 ranked) Santa Fe. Go figure with this game engine man.

Larry Gary finally playing like I expected this year, went 7-9 from 3 in the win over Tacoma and is averaging 34.5 PPG on 60/66/80 shooting splits. Hope he can keep up something even close to that....

Those numbers are insane.

Good lord, that is a crazy line.

San Antonio gave coach warak another year and the team has rallied to a 12-4 record. This team is still lacking talent but is playing their but off. Two conference losses came against #1 Norman and the other two were a combined 3pts losses 1pt and 2pt in OT) in preseason. We start 2 fr and 2 so, so future is looking good!

Still can’t recruit for shit and it hurts my enthusiasm for the game. Might take on a few WO, again...sigh.

Anyone with dirt recruit to give up it would be appreciated.

Anyone with dirt recruit to give up it would be appreciated.

I'm in 1/1 ties for four guys in my net. May not hurt to try to be #3 for them just in case me and the other guy don't need them. I already have a CL so I would only take two at the most. I also may need to drop off one.

C2 Marco Kersten
C18 John McIntyre
C13 Ezra Matich
C13 Jesus Cutright

All had a top RP of around 50 last week.

12-1 in my last 13 games and awaken beat me by 22 for the C10 Championship. Congratulations! I'm probably on the bubble for the NTT.

#2 seed in the PTT. Durham earned a #16 seed. Got to think SOS hurt me. 7 games against sub-220 teams.

Hilarious. The player I planned to drop is now a CL.

Last edited:
I'm 8-10, ranked 151, and going to the NTT. Yay, me. Looking at 0-6. Of course I'm a #16 seed.

Recruiting
Jose Mills 6/6
Troy Johnson 2/2
Christopher Green CL
John McIntyre 1/1
Nicholas Scott CL

Outgoing senior class is 177/191 so those CL's +1 (walk-on, or breaking a tie - bwahahaha) should be an improvement. Of course, the same was true last season and I'm having a worse year with better players this year, so who knows?

If someone thinks I'll break a tie and not need a CL, feel free to get under me; but I don't think that would be wise.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. My PPs were already lined up with his projections. Based on his work, I have a good shot at a Top 50 class.

I haven't run any projections in awhile. I've got a promising new system, but I haven't had time to finish working on it. It's very different than anything I've done in the past.

Woof, based on that system, if I win both max ties and get my top netter I am only looking at a sub-100 team. He also somehow has an E scouted +5/-2 ranked as +4/-3, but whatevs. My team stinks regardless.

Poor Carnegie Peanuts. They lost to the lowly 16th seed Durham Deacon Blues. They, and not Durham, have now lost 3 straight games in the NTT. Going by recruiting class ranks, this is not an upset; but my whole season has been about my team playing poorly despite an upgrade in recruiting (Fr > outgoing Sr) and remaining players in the same position as the year before. So after awhile, you are what your record says you are.

Recruiting

Jose Mills 6/6
Troy Johnson 2/2
John McIntyre 1/1
Christopher Green CL
Nicholas Scott CL

If we're still doing the Deacon Tournament, I am IN, but I would verify team activity by having them say so here. Many have understandably quit.

Ph and I are in the same conference so we play each other 2-3 times a year already. Otherwise, our conference is pretty weak and we could use some SOS boosts. If we can't fill our OOO games with Deacs, we'll need to look elsewhere.

kmoney posted that changes have been made to FT's
http://forum.drivethelane.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1181

Can't tell much about exactly what the fix entails from his post, but it doesn't appear to address all the issues in the main thread he linked. For example, the absurdly low FT percentages and wide year to year variation. Who knows, maybe it does?

I kind of get the sense that kmoney is not relying on a RNG to run the game engine or assign abilities.

Then how would he be doing it?

I think we lost our DeACCon organizer, stormfury, a few pages back. Who wants it?

So far, Durham, Myrtle Beach, Flagstaff are in, and Durham-MB are in same conf so don't play each other here. As of now it is Durham-Flagstaff, MB-Flagstaff.

There is a new league 37 now, btw.

Back