• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Nice write-up, stormy. I hope your fellow Deacs are rewarding you with posrep.

fyi, Tuttle will move down to his natural position of C (replacing Doyle), Haynes will move to SF, Lindstrom will replace Tatum at bPF. I am downgrading at PG (Stockdale departing) bc a +7 PG is a rare thing. I'll have two Sr's in NA this season and will be recruiting very aggressively. I'd take 4-2 in the DeACCon this year right now.

In doing my preview, I noticed several teams only had 4 or 5 DeACCon teams scheduled. My guess is that somehow some of them got entered in incorrectly which caused shifting or changing to them.

I personally just think the game engine just screws it up sometimes. Ive had all mine 100% correct the last 4 seasons and still have had issues. kmoney doesnt say we will always get the schedules we want and this happens sometimes. He does usually change them if you email him about scheduling conflicts

Nice write-up, stormy. I hope your fellow Deacs are rewarding you with posrep.

fyi, Tuttle will move down to his natural position of C (replacing Doyle), Haynes will move to SF, Lindstrom will replace Tatum at bPF. I am downgrading at PG (Stockdale departing) bc a +7 PG is a rare thing. I'll have two Sr's in NA this season and will be recruiting very aggressively. I'd take 4-2 in the DeACCon this year right now.

Like you I'm going to have 2 seniors most likely in the NA list. The senior class is +6 while all 3 other classes are 10+ so I'll be fairly aggressive on a couple of targets but safe on a couple others.

I'll likely have a Jr/Sr NA unless the Sr big beats out Fr Donnelly or I go small with the Jr guard. My other seniors will be missed but their replacements are already on the roster.

Really wish the game ran scrimmages on off nights. Would be nice to be able to test out lineups for a couple of days before the start of pre-season.

Nice writeup. Incidentally, I started back in Season 44. I broke a 4/4 tie for my first recruit and hadn't broken more than a 1/1 since (until this season).

And even though it's noted that one got missed, I'm up against all DeACCon coaches for those six games. Eh, I'm done thinking about it.

I show you as having Branson for game 3 of the regular season. I don't think he is supposed to be in the DeACCon challenge is he?

Exhibition Opponents
Dearborn
Nashville
Eugene

Regular Season Opponents
Rochester
Akron
Cincinnati

Branson used to be coached by a Deac, not sure if he is there anymore. This is what I copied from my coach's page, so it tweren't me. Branson landed Via, so it'll be interesting to see how we respond to being snubbed.

Last edited:
Kinda interesting that Boyd Cason with his 2.3 steals per game and Brett Sagers with his 0.6 steals per game can both be Good rated on defense. Obviously, defense is more than steals and there is, no doubt, some plus/minus divergence in there. But, still...

Kinda interesting that Boyd Cason with his 2.3 steals per game and Brett Sagers with his 0.6 steals per game can both be Good rated on defense. Obviously, defense is more than steals and there is, no doubt, some plus/minus divergence in there. But, still...

That's like Atkins (G) and Poisson (E) shooting. In my scrimmages, Atkin's outscored Poisson by about 7 ppg and head to head by about 10 ppg.

Loads of Talent!

Looking over the DTL Stats today, I noticed how much talent our teams have.

4 year Avg Recruiting Class Rankings:

1 Philadelphia Insatiables swooper72 11.5
2 Flagstaff whippersnappers pilotdeac 21.8
3 Frankfort Deacon Blues awaken 23.9
4 Scottsdale Fighting Dogs mranders 24.8
5 Pierre Slammers sportsjman 26.4
6 Boca Raton Storm stormfury 26.6
7 Casper Blue Wave bigspruce 27.4
8 Bakersfield Full Court Pres metalhead 27.6
9 Waterloo Winter Wolves wolffrnd5 28.1
10 Colorado Springs Dodger Dogs dodgerlax 29.9
11 Springfield Stormchasers dominator 30.6
12 Duluth Bullish Deacs phdeac 31.0
13 Dearborn Warak's Deacs warak 31.9
14 Nashville Domination reddoor 33.3
15 Louisville Sharkeez sb1977 33.5

All right for the Firestarters. 2/1 overall. I'm in shock. I took a few chances here and there that didn't payoff, but overall looked to find guys that wanted an impact and didn't care about winning.

I ended up with

Mark Clemmons 6-6 GEFGFG
Federico Stanger 6-10 GFFEPG
Justin Perkins 6-10 FEGEGF

My plan to increase the talent level is working, hopefully it translates to a more successful season. Being in a tough division doesn't help the rebuilding, I had to win something like 4 of my last 6 to finish 5-19, and that still beat out my previous 5 year win percentage.

We're going in the right direction now.

^I've had talent equal to or better than that for over 4 years. Still haven't sniffed a final four :rulz: Guess you could say I underachieve :eek:

Hopefully I can surround Naquin and Stone with a core of players to get the job done in the next few years.

If you are a large program (UTT), is in the UTT Perks url on left side of coach's page. You have to be UTT by the season, so if you haven't upgraded yet, it won't be there. I always pay ahead so I get the spreadsheet on roll-over weekend.

Congrats on the 1/2 class.

All right for the Firestarters. 2/1 overall. I'm in shock. I took a few chances here and there that didn't payoff, but overall looked to find guys that wanted an impact and didn't care about winning.

I ended up with

Mark Clemmons 6-6 GEFGFG
Federico Stanger 6-10 GFFEPG
Justin Perkins 6-10 FEGEGF

My plan to increase the talent level is working, hopefully it translates to a more successful season. Being in a tough division doesn't help the rebuilding, I had to win something like 4 of my last 6 to finish 5-19, and that still beat out my previous 5 year win percentage.

We're going in the right direction now.

Great class man, that will get you moving in the right direction in no time.

Completely forgot that I only posted my team recruiting write up on the DTL boards and not here. So I figured i'd throw this over here as well. Tons of great classes by Deacs this Cycle. Also, a new, solid coach joined League 7 as the coach of Kalamazoo. Bobby is a really solid coach in League 15 and pulled a 3/1 class that included winning the tie on stud Brian Montgomery. Big Monty was the one big that would get the best of Naquin in scrimmages that I ran, so he certainly has a stud big to build around.

Well Flagstaff pulled in a very much needed 6/9 class. I would think this puts us back in the NTT championship race immediately. We missed on the two maxes I thought I had the best shot at, but won the Rene Naquin lottery (probably was the best fit on him though, by the smallest of margins). He, with my two Clear leads made up a +13 Class for the Whippersnappers.

Rene Naquin- 6'11 - +5
Naquin may be the best player in the class and will add size, scoring, defense, and athleticism to our front court immediately.

Jack Ovellette - 6'5 - +5
Jack was a netter I found late and cleared even later. He played C in HS and will be a great "glue" guy for us. Happy to have him on board, playing somewhere from the 1 to the 3 spot.

Samuel Mcdaniel- 6'8 - +3
Samuel was another late net find that should be a good bench player at worst. He can do all the things a good big can in defend, rebound and score. Computer wants to start him so maybe he has some nice hidden attributes.

All in all a really solid class that really makes me feel like I have a shot at winning it all in the next few seasons. Ready to get these guys on the court!

Congrats on Nanquin, the rifle-dropping Frenchman. I look forward to his battles with Tuttle this year. :)

Congrats on Nanquin, the rifle-dropping Frenchman. I look forward to his battles with Tuttle this year. :)

Haha very nice. Should be a great battle between the two. I have to figure out my starting front line as the computer wants me to start my +3 freshman over Stone who just played great last season. I honestly think my best lineup is sitting Pedigo at bPG and starting senior Snodgrass at PG and the freshman Ovellette at SG, Cruickshank at SF, Stone at PF, and Naquin at C. would be short once again off the bench though. Guess thats what we have scrimmages for haha.

Last edited:
Seems like there were a ton of elite bigs in last year's class who were there for the taking.

Yeah at least 10 or so that I know of. Great class of bigs.

Has anyone noticed that there are certain areas around the "country" of league 7 that produce a lot of one type of player? I always seem to have a +6 or so stud big man in +/-1 of my region every cycle. Thus, the great bigs i've had through the years. Yet I never have elite guards (at least none I can find haha) like some of the ones awaken always seems to haul in. Just wondering if anyone has noticed anything like that.

Yeah at least 10 or so that I know of. Great class of bigs.

Has anyone noticed that there are certain areas around the "country" of league 7 that produce a lot of one type of player? I always seem to have a +6 or so stud big man in +/-1 of my region every cycle. Thus, the great bigs i've had through the years. Yet I never have elite guards (at least none I can find haha) like some of the ones awaken always seems to haul in. Just wondering if anyone has noticed anything like that.

I definitely agree with this. I tend to get better Guards than I do bigs in and around conference 13. Can we trade for a season?

Back