• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

i also have somewhere in the 11-15 range of scrimmages. 4 of mine have not been accepted yet!

freakn' nashville!

I'm running 12 scrimmages tonight myself. :)

Trying out 3 different point Guards and various PF/C combinations.

I'm saving my onslaught of scrimmages for tomorrow, Friday, and Monday. If I can beat warak and win two games against Bakersfield, I'll feel pretty good about my lineup. This is what I'm running in scrimmages. If you offer me one, this is what you'll get playing Norm/Norm 5/5.

PG - Sr Phifer/Jr Dickerson

Phifer was last year's backup behind Eric Wright. In our only NTT loss, Wright at 0 pts, 5 to and Phifer had 8 pts, 0 to in 20 minutes each. Without Cox, I've got to get more scoring at my guard spots. Dickerson had some decent scrimmages at bPG last year, but I benched him due to poor percentages.

SG - Fr Curran/Fr Garrett

This duo is +3 Sht, +2 Def, +2 Athl. If they can light it up, they'll stay there on Norm/Norm for the season. I am worried about turnovers from them.

SF - Jr Morin/Fr Wright

Morin was All-League at SG and had 23/10 in his debut at SF despite Poor Rebounding. If he can average 20 per at SF and keep up with his stellar defense (held opponents to around 10 pts per 30 at SG), that helps my guard rotation. Morin's only weakness is that he can't reliably play over 30 minutes. Wright can hold down backup minutes as a steady ballhandler. If he can defend at SF, this should work out. If not, I'll move him to bPG, move Dickerson to bSG, and move Garrett to bSF.

PF - Fr Donnelly/So Corley

Corley earned the PF position in the NTT. I'm just seeing if Donnelly deserves to be at bPF or if one of my other bigs should play there.

C - Sr Murphy/So Murray or Valverde

Murphy is a great defender which apparently I'll need since everybody else stocked up on stud bigs. I've got 4 bigs competing for bPF/bC, Donnelly, Murray, Valverde, and Sr Gilson. 7-1 Murray was solid at bSF and may return there if my guard situation doesn't pan out. Valverde was solid at bC and should win the spot back.

Have any of you guys tracked how a Freshman's numbers drop from High School to College?

I'm curious after looking at Erin Atkins and Mo Poisson's stats:

Atkins had 834 pts on 338/613 shooting.
Poisson had 680 pts on 277/492 shooting.

Atkin's numbers would have put him in the top 4 for all 3 categories league wide for a single season and Poisson is just outside of the top 50 for all 3 categories.

Either one of them would have blown out Boca's single season Records.

I'd expect both of them to drop both from moving up to the ranks of college level athletes and from having one another on the same team. Just curious if anyone has an estimate on how much player's #s tend to drop. 10%? 25%?

Even at a 30% reduction, Atkins would have set Boca records in all 3 categories.

Some of the top scorers in Boca's history decreased by 28% from HS to College, while a few only decreased about 17%.

Last edited:
My top scorer from last year averaged 18.4 points, he was at 27.7 in high school, so about 33% drop in scoring, he also had some ridiculous number of 3 pointers in high school - didn't transition.

Thanks for accepting the scrimmages guys, I am worried about my team, my +2 combo forward who scrimmaged great in high school the computer wanted to push to my NA spot, so I need to test out some different lineups. They also have my leading scorer from last year moved to SF - and at 6'2" not sure he can hold his own.

My top scorer from last year averaged 18.4 points, he was at 27.7 in high school, so about 33% drop in scoring, he also had some ridiculous number of 3 pointers in high school - didn't transition.

Thanks for accepting the scrimmages guys, I am worried about my team, my +2 combo forward who scrimmaged great in high school the computer wanted to push to my NA spot, so I need to test out some different lineups. They also have my leading scorer from last year moved to SF - and at 6'2" not sure he can hold his own.

Don't assume the CPU lineups are perfect. I tried out the CPU lineup last year first game of DeACCon challenge and it got squished by 17 pts. Changed the lineup slightly and well, we won 21 games. Overall your judgement is better than the CPU's and scrimmages are vital.

I'll be glad to scrimmage you a few more times after I settle on a lineup if you want to run some tests against a set lineup.

A new Era Begins

A new Era began for Boca with 3 freshmen starters and the results were good. 90-78 victory in game 1 of the DeACCon challenge over Cincinnatti.

Mo Poisson had 17 pts, 7 assists and 0 turnovers.
Erin Atkins had 16 pts on 58% shooting and 2 steals.
Michael Gonzalez 10 pts, 8 rebounds, 3 assists

The freshmen were lead by JR Burt Hutchings 20 pts, 2 steals.

Good Game DaDeac and good luck with the rest of the Season.

No shame in losing to Dearborn and the fashion in which we did it leads me to view it as a moral victory. The Violence lost 71-78. We had a 1 point lead with 3 minutes to go, but much like the first half ended, we would up fouling due to what appeared to be exhaustion.

Patrick Duhon had 16 points, 6 assists to 0 turnovers.
Boyd Cason had 12 points (though he had 23 points and 4 steals in an up-tempo 3 point loss to warak in a scrimmage).
Brett Sagers scored 16, but fouled out.

My starting center fouled out in 10 minutes, which didn't help the cause any. Actually my SF, PF and C fouled out. In the aforementioned scrimmage, we led by four with 4:51 to go only to score two more points the rest of the way. Gonna be practicing stamina fo sho. Good game and good luck the rest of the season, warak.

Last edited:
Duluth had a 69-55 win over Eugene to open up the invitational.

SG Fritz Curran - 4 pts, 1-7 fg (0-4 3pt), 2 ast, 2 stl, 2 to
bSG Konrad Garrett bSG - 13 pts, 4-6 fg, 4-5 ft
PF Warren Donnelly - 13 pts, 11 reb

In scrimmages, we had a 5 points win over Dearborn and split close games with Bakersfield including a 3OT win.

I'll be shifting my lineup around for Wednesday's matchup with Frankfort. So far, Konrad Garrett looks like he could replace Adam Cox as a strong scorer at SF to allow Morin to move back to SG.

I'll be shifting my lineup around for Wednesday's matchup with Frankfort. So far, Konrad Garrett looks like he could replace Adam Cox as a strong scorer at SF to allow Morin to move back to SG.

I'm going to have to shift my lineup as well as scrimmages revealed the lack of post height is a huge issue. 2-4 may be dead on for us...

Can't teach height, Storm.

I need to do more analysis and play more scrimmages, but I think I can just plug in my freshmen into last year's lineup and not lose a ton of production. That's what I'm going to test on Wednesday.

Well Flagstaff picked up an easy 87-61 game in our first exhibition game against Rochester (not DeACCOn Invitational). Had 5 guys score in double figures, including Angel Pedigo going for 13 in 11 minutes from the bench. I have a quandry in that AP is an amazing scorer at PG, but doesn't have the size to play SG. Unfortunately, Claude Snodgrass plays like poop everywhere besides PG, where he balls out. I like the defense Snodgrass brings to the PG spot but it's just really hard to think about sitting a guy that had a true shooting percentage of 64%. Naquin was up and down, some good games, some games that he just didn't shoot much and let others get in the grove. Will like to see how he does once I get his shot up higher.

IN scrimmage games I didn't have 4 teams accept, and one said I didn't have enough credits (WTF?), so I only got two scrimmages in. In one scrimmage I lost to my bro in Odessa by the score of 78-89. Got beat at the foul line by 14 although I had a much more athletic team. Something seems fishy to me haha.

Need more scrimmages to get my best lineup but I really like how my "big" lineup played. Just have to get the correct combination of guards. Going to have a small bench in size but my starting lineup will be quite big. Looking forward to the coming scrimmages and my game against Boca on Wednesday.

Well, my unheralded center Duane Feeley actually outplayed Rene Nanquin with 9 and 8 versus 6 and 6, but the rest of Flagstaff's team outclassed me tonight. Couldn't get enough shots off with 18 TOs (I don't think I had double digits in any game last season), and couldn't get to the foul line. I'm certainly got some tweaking to do before Wednesday.

Well, my unheralded center Duane Feeley actually outplayed Rene Nanquin with 9 and 8 versus 6 and 6, but the rest of Flagstaff's team outclassed me tonight. Couldn't get enough shots off with 18 TOs (I don't think I had double digits in any game last season), and couldn't get to the foul line. I'm certainly got some tweaking to do before Wednesday.

Whoops, sorry for the oversight in my last post redwing, I completely forgot that you now control Rochester. My bad! I've had a few more years to recruit so I wouldn't be to worried about the outcome of this game, just keep plugging away on the recruiting trail and you will be fine. The 14 steals certainly surprised me!

Tau and Storm - sorry about the scrimmage, didn't realize I needed credits - I thought it was a legacy program because you don't need them for high school scrimmages. Sorry guys.

Storm - thought I might have had you, was up at the half, then your team went on a 12-0 run to start the second half and never looked back. My freshmen looked good though.

Whoops, sorry for the oversight in my last post redwing, I completely forgot that you now control Rochester. My bad! I've had a few more years to recruit so I wouldn't be to worried about the outcome of this game, just keep plugging away on the recruiting trail and you will be fine. The 14 steals certainly surprised me!

No problem. The TOs really concerned me, but I looked over my line-up and realized that the AI did some funny things to it. I've made a couple adjustments and hope that will help for next game. After all, isn't that what the preseason is for? I'm also trying to plug some holes from what was essentially a throwaway class the season before I started (196/169). Still, if I can cut the turnovers back to close to where they were last season, I've got some parts to build on.

Lost my opening game, though Sanders did really well. Dont know what happened to the rest of my team haha. Beat my brother in a scrimmage, which is sweet. (too lazy for stats haha)

Wanted some help, just upgraded to a large program, and trying to use the spreadsheet. How can i best access it? I have Excel for Mac, but cant seem to find the button for the comma deliminator/eliminator? Trying to view best so i can sort, ect. Any help for how to best view would be appreciated!

Tau and Storm - sorry about the scrimmage, didn't realize I needed credits - I thought it was a legacy program because you don't need them for high school scrimmages. Sorry guys.

Storm - thought I might have had you, was up at the half, then your team went on a 12-0 run to start the second half and never looked back. My freshmen looked good though.

Yep, Was a great game. I think you're going to do well this season!

Why is it the really good bigs always want to stay local and are never local to me....

Rochester may want to consider going after Jaime Buck. In 10 scrimmages he almost always had double digits in either rebounds or points and 2-3 steals + blocks. I'd be considering maxing him if it were not for Local Exc rating.

Don't know if anyone else noticed it or if it is even true but going through regions 22-24 last night, i noticed that those regions have a TON of talent, especially talent at the forward spots.

Boca and Flagstaff have what should be a very fun game this season. Still not sure what my lineup will be yet as I haven't had near the scrimmages to assess guys yet, but I am throwing all of my freshmen out their along with a soph and a senior at SG and PG. should be an entertaining game. Interested to see how the PG matchup goes as well if Naquin plays well against a team that he decided not to play for along with his shot being increased.

Back