• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Don't know if anyone else noticed it or if it is even true but going through regions 22-24 last night, i noticed that those regions have a TON of talent, especially talent at the forward spots.

Boca and Flagstaff have what should be a very fun game this season. Still not sure what my lineup will be yet as I haven't had near the scrimmages to assess guys yet, but I am throwing all of my freshmen out their along with a soph and a senior at SG and PG. should be an entertaining game. Interested to see how the PG matchup goes as well if Naquin plays well against a team that he decided not to play for along with his shot being increased.

Hopefully the combination of Hutching's, Atkins and Poisson makes Naquin wish he had joined the Boca ranks. :) Honestly, I'm trying a different lineup tonight as I am still trying to sort out what works for this group of players. The roster that won on Monday got squished by Dearborn in exhibitions.

I have only done a cursory review of players. But I did scrimmage Bryon Tobias and George Alcock through some scrimmages on Monday.

Why is it the really good bigs always want to stay local and are never local to me....

Rochester may want to consider going after Jaime Buck. In 10 scrimmages he almost always had double digits in either rebounds or points and 2-3 steals + blocks. I'd be considering maxing him if it were not for Local Exc rating.

Thanks for the update on his stats. He's already on my watch list, but I'm glad for the extra scouting on his performance.

Picked up a 15 point win over Frankfort's Baby Deacon Blues. Not sure what it means that I only beat his highly rated Fr/So by 15 with a lineup that could be my starting lineup. Four players in double figures. PF Williams Corley with 21/11.

Fritz Curran had a great line in a 12 point scrimmage win over Honolulu. 21 pts, 10 ast, 4 reb, 2 stl, 0 to at SG. Never had a SG with 10 ast.

Flagstaff had an interesting game against Boca and coach stormfury. Flagstaff prevailed 80-72 but not in any type of fashion that I was expecting. My bench played extremely well and sophomore Emmitt Torres scored 21 while holding Atkins to only 12, while my Freshman Jack Ovellette held Hutchings to only 7. On the negative, Stephen Norris absolutely killed Rene Naquin, scoring 21 and pulling in 10 boards all while holding Naquin to only 5/5. Looks like Mr. Naquin isn't quite ready for the big time yet. Sam McDaniel played well against Gonzalez.

Good game storm, i'm sure the game helped you out and i'm sure you will have a great season.

Unfortunately my 4 scrimmages that i've thrown out to dieseldeac, bobby in Kalamazoo, swooper, and 57top have not accepted, even though I requested them early monday afternoon. So I haven't been able to get much else in terms in scouting my team. Guess they will see it sometime and accept.

Feel free to take my scrimmage and offer me one.

Flagstaff had an interesting game against Boca and coach stormfury. Flagstaff prevailed 80-72 but not in any type of fashion that I was expecting. My bench played extremely well and sophomore Emmitt Torres scored 21 while holding Atkins to only 12, while my Freshman Jack Ovellette held Hutchings to only 7. On the negative, Stephen Norris absolutely killed Rene Naquin, scoring 21 and pulling in 10 boards all while holding Naquin to only 5/5. Looks like Mr. Naquin isn't quite ready for the big time yet. Sam McDaniel played well against Gonzalez.

Good game storm, i'm sure the game helped you out and i'm sure you will have a great season.

Unfortunately my 4 scrimmages that i've thrown out to dieseldeac, bobby in Kalamazoo, swooper, and 57top have not accepted, even though I requested them early monday afternoon. So I haven't been able to get much else in terms in scouting my team. Guess they will see it sometime and accept.

My scrimmages against Dearborn were definitely helpful last night. I've got a narrow window on my lineup this season and will have to recruit to adjust that. Thanks for the game pilot and if you want to toss some scrimmages my way, I'll accept today.

Storm

So I'll be going with my lineup that I think is my official season starting lineup tonight. Go easy on the Freshmen Awaken!

we should get a good look at how good my team can be tonight against a very strong Duluth team.

i feel bad for coach phdeac because Eric Wright ended up the player i was afraid he was (and didn't max him) and not the superstar ball-control PG that he appeared destined to become. regardless, phdeac is a great coach and has found another option at PG...imo, a better option for his team. they have switched to a taller lineup (like they had any other choice with only 3 players < 6'6") that can score from just about every position (not really C)!

it should be a good game but i am not expecting to win this one, especially because he beat me in a scrimmage with a different lineup. my lineup is slightly different as is my shooting prefs but i just don't think my changes will make up for the -12 rebounding and -5 D margin.

i guess that's why they play the games...good luck phdeac!

ph, I sent you a scrimmage as well, feel free to send one back.

Thanks, tau. I'm going to send out at least 5 scrimmages today.

warak, pretty good break down of my squad. So far it looks like I can plug in 6-7 Garrett in for Cox at 6-7 and install 6-3 Curran at SG instead of Medley and get similar production. Curran had two beastly games at SG, but I need a player who can play at least 12-15 quality minutes at bSG since Morin can't reliably go over 30 and he's the only candidate.

(By the way, definitely pay attention to a player's HS minutes. Morin only played 28 min/game in HS and he doesn't have much stamina now. Anything 30+ seems like a guy who can reliably play big minutes)

I'm not sure you're right about my PG situation, though. I've decided that NA Greg Dickerson isn't the answer and still a poster child for not letting the CPU pick. I got him as a walk-on over players who would have likely been more serviceable backups. He gave up almost 20 per 30 min in 6 games. I'll be using Phifer and Wright in some combination. Phifer is a reliable scorer and doesn't give up anything on defense from Wright. Not as many assists, put I get them from all over the team. The problem is it seems Morin plays much better with Wright than Phifer. Morin is averaging only 13 pts per 30 min with Phifer/Dickerson at PG. Last season he scored 20+ in almost every game. He scored under 20 only 5 times. One was when I started Phifer after losing in the NTT and two were with Dickerson at bPG. So in my scrimmages, I'm going to alternate Phifer/Wright at the PG spots and see how Morin does with each.

Here's my likely starting lineup:

PG Jr Wright/Sr Phifer
SG Jr Morin/Fr Curran
SF Fr Garrett/So Murray
PF So Corley/Fr Donnelly (or Jr Valverde)
C Sr Murphy/So Valverde (or Sr Gilson)

Ph, have you been on to accept my scrimmage request yet? I've got 5 scrimmages up that still haven't been accepted that have been out since sunday night, which I think is pretty strange. If you have and it's not showing up that I apparently have a problem. Dieseldeac, on of those request is to you so if you don't want to accept just let me know on here I guess.

Just accepted and put up 5 new scrimmages.

Last edited:
Well Flagstaff had an interesting night in our last exhibition and our scrimmages against Ph, bigcountry in Honolulu, and coach swooper in Philly. We lost our exhibition to Nashville by 3, but it really wasn't that close. We lost by 4 to Ph and Duluth, lost in OT to Philly by 5, and beat Honolulu by 12. Had some guys with up and down games when playing in several spots. Unfortunately i'm going to have to figure out my lineup in scrimmages and the DeACCOn Invitational as my conference is going to be a joke this season (when is it not?). No one else in the conference even brought in a top 100 class by any publications.

It's becoming pretty evident that Rene Naquin is just not ready for big time simsports basketball yet. He played great against Honolulu, going for 19/9 with 2 blocks, well at PF against Nashvlle, and fouled out in limited minutes against Ph and Philly. He certainly has had some foul issues so far in his short career.

The one theme that i am seeing that is going to kill me the most is that any team with an elite SG is killing me and that is where I am losing most of my games. For whatever reason Swooper doesn't play Paschke against me, and his backup still put up 25 on me, with Paschke going for 10 in 10 minutes off the bench.

I'll be going full steam ahead for a SG that can both score and DEFEND. Would love to give my front line a good SG to go along with them.

Still looking at what my optimal lineup will be but i'm certain of a few things so far.

1. Albert Stone will be starting at C
2. Rene Naquin will be starting at PF
3. Claude Snodgrass will be starting somewhere

Other than that I have no idea what my lineup will look yet. Should be a fun finish to the DeACCon Invitational. Thanks for the games and scrimmages guys.

They are Rolling the Quad in Boca Tonight

First time in school history (at least in coach Stormfury's history), they have defeated the powerhouse Frankfort Deacon Blues. In the 77-69 victory, Coach Stormfury employed his expected opening day lineup which includes:

PG FR Mo Poisson/SO Joseph Schmidt
SG FR Erin Atkins/SO Albert Mask
SF JR Bert Hutchings/JR Abraham Lillard
PF FR Michael Gonzalez/SO Leon Cochran
C SR Stephen Norris/SR Morgan Busch

As you can tell we are very young except at the Center and Small Forwards positions.

Poisson lead the way with 22 Points, Atkins added 15 and Hutchings 10. SR C Norris added 11/10 on the night.

Tough matchups against Duluth, Nashville and Dearborn remain so it's entirely possible we start 0-3, but I'm going to give these younger players ample playing time and hope they mature fast. If I can land a couple of solid bigs this season we just might be scary dangerous next season.

Thanks for the matchup Awaken and Good luck the rest of the way.

It's becoming pretty evident that Rene Naquin is just not ready for big time simsports basketball yet. He played great against Honolulu, going for 19/9 with 2 blocks, well at PF against Nashvlle, and fouled out in limited minutes against Ph and Philly. He certainly has had some foul issues so far in his short career.

The one theme that i am seeing that is going to kill me the most is that any team with an elite SG is killing me and that is where I am losing most of my games. For whatever reason Swooper doesn't play Paschke against me, and his backup still put up 25 on me, with Paschke going for 10 in 10 minutes off the bench.

I'll be going full steam ahead for a SG that can both score and DEFEND. Would love to give my front line a good SG to go along with them.

I had a feeling Naquin was going to be like that. My scrimmages he just didn't score very much. Think he averaged just over 10 pts a game against the 'elites' that he faced. That being said I still think he is going to mature into something special.

I'm wishing I had put Mo Poisson in at PG against you instead of starting Webb. I just wanted to see how the SR PG who has never panned out would do.... I'm going to send you a scrimmage with my opening day lineup so you can tinker with your lineup.

Yea man feel free to. I'm sure i'll send you one or more back. I figured we'd scrimmage quite a bit after we played our game. I just try not to scrimmage that many of you guys until we play our game that matters in the tournament.

Oh and I have already decided that i'm going to max Rodolfo Aguilar. Kid looks like the monster SG I've been trying to get for over 5 seasons.

Brain fart on the post above. The only reason Morin's points are down is because he's set at 5/5 when I usually set him on 9/2 as a career 56% shooter. Phifer earned the starting PG position with 13/3 in a star against Flagstarr and 12/3 in 15 min off the bench against Dearborn. I'll have legit scorers starting at PG, SG, SF, and PF with decent scoring off the bench at SG and PF.

Won my game, still tweaking with lineups and what to practice/style of play/shooting/ect. Working on my recruiting right now. I have one of two point guards in mind, and i'm still searching for a couple of forwards, I have a couple on my list but need a larger list to decide who I want to max

Back