• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Oh and I have already decided that i'm going to max Rodolfo Aguilar. Kid looks like the monster SG I've been trying to get for over 5 seasons.

I was looking at him too, but he is right around my area but doesn't want to be local. Found a couple of really good PGs that I am going to go after.

Oh and I have already decided that i'm going to max Rodolfo Aguilar. Kid looks like the monster SG I've been trying to get for over 5 seasons.

I actually scrimmaged Aguilar 10 games at PG. Let me know if you want the #s. I'll try and put them together Monday if interested. I think one of my maxes is going to be Tad Board. He's played well at SF in my scrimmages and would be the heir to Hutchings. Still not 100% yet. Primary focus is C this cycle.

As of right now my short list includes:
Bryon Tobias
Tad Board

Last edited:
Board is on Flagstaffs short list as well. Think i'll be maxing 2 elite SG/SF types, a PG, and a C. Think I have my C picked out as well, and he's and EXC local to conference 32 so he shouldn't impact anyone else really in their recruiting.

Back from a week at the beach.

Frankfort's off to a 1-2 start in the DeACCon as I learned that most, and perhaps all, the Frosh are not ready for prime time. I was able to snag one of Ph's scrimmages, and the expected starting lineup got revenge of sorts (prob against an experimental Duluth lineup). The tournament gets even harder this week with Nashville, Dearborn, and Flagstaff coming up.

Really deeeeeep class of guards this season, which suits me fine as that is what I'm after. I flagged about two dozen recruits before leaving, and monitored them in my Top 35. Did a pretty good job predicting studs. There's a lot of overlap from the names already posted. I think we'll see a lot of each other on the recruiting trail. A lot of these guys are in the top half of my prelim Top 75 list, so expect crowds based on performance. I'm hoping the high number of quality guards will water down the competition some. I was hoping Rodolpho Aguilar would sneak in with little fanfare for playing out of positino in HS (C), but he's killing it regardless. SSC has me as a 76% fit on Tad Board (bored), but I don't see it with his Poor+ local.

I'm not in the market for bigs, but at a glance there didn't seem to be much quality or even quantity (not counting all those 6'8 tweeners). Expect high concentrations on the good ones with inviting prefs.

Frankfort's schedule should be plenty tough with the DeACCon, top 25 classes for most of C18, and Minneapolis drawn as an OOC opponent. I want to say C18 was either *the* top rated conference, or among them, last year. Anyone remember?

Certainly wouldn't be shocked awaken, conference 18 is a monster. You always seem to be playing very good teams night in and night out. Unfortunately conference 32 is just awful. It's been a cakewalk for me for at least the last 6 seasons. Literally don't think i've had a game closer than about 8 points in that span. Kind of takes the fun out of it.

As far as recruiting, I agree a lot with you on the bigs, I found a very nice looking glue guy big that is 6'11 that is a +5 or +6 and is a very good fit for me I would think. Exc local, Good win, Good impact (well that doesn't fit too well), so that's a nice thing to have. Glad I went big last cycle, ph might be kicking himself after seeing the lack of elite bigs....

Their are a ton of "tweeners" in the 6'8/6'9 range, which is what I'm looking for, so I am excited about that. I agree that we will have a lot of overlap in our recruiting, hopefully it works out well for us all.

I haven't looked at recruiting yet at all. Rough time of the year with classes starting on Monday and a ton of other things to do.

I don't NEED an elite big this cycle considering my three sophomore bigs will be juniors. But I don't want to have to replace all of them at the same time.

Still have 5 scrimmages that haven't been accepted.

awaken, I completely missed that scrimmage. Yeah, you destroyed me but it was an experimental lineup. Looks like you beat up on my experimental lineup and I beat your young lineup. Putting Morin on 5/5 is basically neutering him. Looks like the same with Garrett. They'll have a green light starting tomorrow. Would have loved to see how our starters fared against each other.

I don't NEED an elite big this cycle considering my three sophomore bigs will be juniors. But I don't want to have to replace all of them at the same time.

Well thats good because even after a second look through I don't see any bigs that are anywhere close to the player that the crop of bigs last season were. Good luck to you guys in search of bigs, they will be highly contested id say.

Well thats good because even after a second look through I don't see any bigs that are anywhere close to the player that the crop of bigs last season were. Good luck to you guys in search of bigs, they will be highly contested id say.

Unfortunately, I have to have Bigs this Cycle. Fortunately, I don't need him to be a big time scorer. Just a defensive rebounder would be sufficient.

I am shocked...

I truly expected to get trounced tonight by PH's Bullish Deacs, but Boca pulled out the 5 pt victory. Guard play prevailed over post play as Atkins (20), Poisson (19) and Hutchings (19) lead the way for Boca and Morin (30) for Duluth. Poisson had 7 assists and Hutchings pulled down 10 rebounds.

Great Game PH and good luck the rest of the season.

Cincy, great game man. I am tweaking with using the slow down method, and its worked pretty solid so far. my biggest issue is my SG spot. I have really good players at PG, SF, and C. But my SG position is killing me. I have two freshmen, both 6-5 guards that are competing for the spot. The one who loses is backup PG, since Parks is my sparkplug at bSG. But neither player has done well enough to lock up the position. I guess it might have to be a competiton, either until one locks it up or just switching to the hot hand. Losing Arnold killed me last cycle.

In recruiting, already have two players I def want to max. Still searching for two others that I am considering to max too, narrowed it to some forwards. Hope I can find some good ones for my team

Cincy, great game man. I am tweaking with using the slow down method, and its worked pretty solid so far. my biggest issue is my SG spot. I have really good players at PG, SF, and C. But my SG position is killing me. I have two freshmen, both 6-5 guards that are competing for the spot. The one who loses is backup PG, since Parks is my sparkplug at bSG. But neither player has done well enough to lock up the position. I guess it might have to be a competiton, either until one locks it up or just switching to the hot hand. Losing Arnold killed me last cycle.

In recruiting, already have two players I def want to max. Still searching for two others that I am considering to max too, narrowed it to some forwards. Hope I can find some good ones for my team

Awesome game - your point guard is awesome, I think during one stretch to end the first half he outscored my team 10-3. Still struggling with my backup point guard, have tried 4 different guys, all are turnover machines - looking o move my SF with good hands there next.

Already decided on my maxes - Alan Anderson - sg - region 15, Arthur Vanmeter - C - region 15, Bubba Steven - pg - region 17, Freddie green - pg - region 17. We'll see how it goes.

Well Flagstaff and Dearborn started the season off right, with Dearborn taking a 96-91 Double OT win over my Flagstaff squad. Dearborn was up 9 with 4:56 to play but my team didn't allow a basket in the rest of regulation, and Angel Pedigo hit a huge 3 with 5 seconds left to tie the game up. In OT, the tables were reversed and warak's stud Center, Hector Travers hit a 3 with no time left that forced a second OT. In the second OT Dearborn's momentum was just too much, and Lorenzo Jimenez proved why he is such a stud, putting the team on his back and scoring all 9 of his teams points in the second OT.

Great game warak, looks like we both have really solid squads this season, that was one of the better games i've been a part of in sometime. Certainly dont hang my head taking a loss like that.

In a more positive news, I seem to have found my optimum lineup in some scrimmages. I had a solid victory over Diesel and his Flint squad in which Rene Naquin played fantastic, and then had a really surprising beatdown of Boca and coach fury, 101-74. Boca just couldn't handle Stone on the blocks or my size on the glass. Thanks for the scrimmages all, they have helped immensely.

Storm, I have about 10 scrimmages for you, but have the girlfriend coming over in a few so I will not get that info to you til in the morning or afternoon. I ran the 4 guys you asked me to.

I truly expected to get trounced tonight by PH's Bullish Deacs, but Boca pulled out the 5 pt victory. Guard play prevailed over post play as Atkins (20), Poisson (19) and Hutchings (19) lead the way for Boca and Morin (30) for Duluth. Poisson had 7 assists and Hutchings pulled down 10 rebounds.

Great Game PH and good luck the rest of the season.

I thought my guards played defense. I thought wrong. Ugh. It was a good game though.

great game tau, it looks like Christmas came a little early in Dearborn this season! i really didn't think there was a way that i could beat you...i'll take it! i am usually on the losing side of these types of games but maybe the added stamina training is paying off!

2 players of 30pts is crazy but what is even more interesting is the Emmons (starting PG the previous 2 seasons) was on a sub more/less with Knox at SG (first game of this arrangement). Emmons played 34 minutes to Knox's 14...not really splitting time, is it? Emmons can play more minutes than any other player that i can remember...if he was still starting at PG, sub less, he would have logged 45 minutes! i have to get Knox more minutes...i need his scoring!

I know in the past we have shared our team's total +/- ratings and after seeing the following post by Philladelphia on DTL:
Overall +58/-1
Sr +16
Jr +12
So +20
Fr +10/-1

S +12
D +14
H +9
R +12
I +6/-1
A +5
at : http://www.drivethelane.com/bask/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13118

I got to wondering if any of us even come close to his numbers?

I'll start:
Boca's Overall: +51/-4
SR +8/-2
JR +15/-1
SO +11
FR +17/-1

S +10
D +6/-1
H +11/-1
R +6/-1
I +9/-1
A +9

I think it's pretty obvious over the past few seasons Boca has been working hard to get better in both Rebounds and Defense, but it is still our biggest weakness. This squad is better in both categories than last season's squad though and I am targeting purely bigs with defense and rebounding this cycle.

Given that my starting center is +2/-1 and my only real option...

If I could just borrow a big from Duluth or Flagstaff for one season!!!!! A solid big man class this cycle would put huge expectations on us next season.

I don't know if I could handle a +20 class. My 1/7 class was around +14/+15.

Yeah, I'm nowhere close

Overall: +35/-3
SR: +11
JR: +8
SO: +9/-1
FR: +7/-2

S: +6
D: +5
H: +6/-2
R: +10
I: +4/-1
A: +4

i believe that Dearborn is sitting currently at +48/-5

i have some glaring weaknesses in my team that i have to address after having a few less than spectacular recruiting classes (including 1, -1 walk-on). we are very weak in rebounding and athleticism...

1. athleticism is 1/3 of hands, which is one more than shot.
2. rebounding overall is one less than athleticism but the positive is only 1 less than defense.
3. my shot is the total of intelligence + athleticism

Back