• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

wow, im only like +39/-3. I need to get rid of all of these fair's!
my biggest weakness right now is athleticism, though not a huge deal. need a couple more solid classes before I can be a consistent player for the tourney

i believe that Dearborn is sitting currently at +48/-5

i have some glaring weaknesses in my team that i have to address after having a few less than spectacular recruiting classes (including 1, -1 walk-on). we are very weak in rebounding and athleticism...

1. athleticism is 1/3 of hands, which is one more than shot.
2. rebounding overall is one less than athleticism but the positive is only 1 less than defense.
3. my shot is the total of intelligence + athleticism

This sounds like a middle school math problem. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warak View Post
i believe that Dearborn is sitting currently at +48/-5

i have some glaring weaknesses in my team that i have to address after having a few less than spectacular recruiting classes (including 1, -1 walk-on). we are very weak in rebounding and athleticism...

1. athleticism is 1/3 of hands, which is one more than shot.
2. rebounding overall is one less than athleticism but the positive is only 1 less than defense.
3. my shot is the total of intelligence + athleticism

This sounds like a middle school math problem. :)

haha...that was the intent!

Sht +9/-1
Def +10
Hands +6
Reb +10/-2
Int +2/-1
Athl +7

Total +44/-4

Flagstaff looks fine when adding up all the attributes as a total but as i've learned, not all attributes are made the same way. I'd rather my Exc's be in Def or Hands for my PG anyday over Rebounding. With all those shiny ratings Philly still didn't win a title last season and actually lost like 5 games.

Flagstaff is:

+10 Shot
+8 Def
+7 Hands
+9 Rebounding
+2 INT
+7 ATH

For a grand total of +43 (+50 if we include my NA's).

As you can see, a high IQ is not a prerequisite to attend Flagstaff!

I believe that i've had a team that was +55/-2 but i'm not entirely sure.

Last edited:
Carbondale's Overall: +36/-5
SR +7/-1
JR +5
SO +6/-3
FR +18

S +7/-2
D +2
H +7
R +9/-1
I +6/-2
A +5

Jeesh.

Carbondale's Overall: +36/-5
SR +7/-1
JR +5
SO +6/-3
FR +18

S +7/-2
D +2
H +7
R +9/-1
I +6/-2
A +5

Jeesh.

At least you are turning it around with that freshman class my friend! Maybe your luck is turning....

At least you are turning it around with that freshman class my friend! Maybe your luck is turning....

Talk about an outlier, huh? What is interesting to me about recruiting the last 5-6 seasons is that I used to find it much easier to clear +3 players out of my net, but now those same gherkins are maxed. WTH? I suppose I haven't adjusted very well to this new reality and it's left me with walk-ons where I think I had one walk-on in the first 15 seasons I played this game.

L7 is near full now. A lot more humans maxing the top half of the league. For those in L15, any recruiting tips for the rest of us?

Not counting NA's
Sht: +14 (+15 w/NA)
Def: +7
Hands: +9 (+10 w/NA)
Reb: +9
Int: +4 (+5 w/NA)
Ath: +7 (+8/-1 w/NA)

Fr: +13
So: +17 (came in +16)
Jr: +17
Sr: +8 - yeah, I got two Sr's on NA

w/o NA: +51
w/NA: +55/-1

Talk about an outlier, huh? What is interesting to me about recruiting the last 5-6 seasons is that I used to find it much easier to clear +3 players out of my net, but now those same gherkins are maxed. WTH? I suppose I haven't adjusted very well to this new reality and it's left me with walk-ons where I think I had one walk-on in the first 15 seasons I played this game.

I just pulled in a 47/31 class of +3/+4 players all three who averaged 20+ points after Week 3 and none were maxed. If anything, trail me for some players and you'll at least get some solid +3 guys.

L7 is near full now. A lot more humans maxing the top half of the league. For those in L15, any recruiting tips for the rest of us?

Pray.

But seriously it shouldn't be that big of a deal in League 7. The recruiting is just such a mess in league 15 because you are only recruiting with 70 RPE's every week. Thus, you can't have 3 aggressive maxes, a safer max and then still build a net like in league 7. If you want a good sized net you have to only max 2.

Pray.

But seriously it shouldn't be that big of a deal in League 7. The recruiting is just such a mess in league 15 because you are only recruiting with 70 RPE's every week. Thus, you can't have 3 aggressive maxes, a safer max and then still build a net like in league 7. If you want a good sized net you have to only max 2.

Honestly, in my 3rd season now in L15 and I'm still not sure how to recruit. I've been mostly lucky in several large ties including a 5/5. I think you've got to have a little bit of luck and really accept role players out of your net. Warak seems to have mastered L15 recruiting.

I'm not so sure this is true anymore. Last season I counted 4 CPU players based on the # of * named teams. This season there are 22 CPU teams listed. I don't know how long it takes for an abandoned team to revert to * status, so there may be others.

If you max an "E" local guy in one of these teams regions, expect them to be on them as well.

The list of CPU squads:
Seattle Crimson Rhinos
Newark NJ SquidVishus
Tulsa Evergreen
Madison Huskies
Salem Night Hawks
Riverside Cleveland Joes
South Bend Chowdaheads
Pensacola Dawgs
San Jose Knights
Fargo Grantwolves
St. Paul Thunder
Tuscaloosa Taiwan Templars
Evansville Black Diamonds
Pittsburgh Panthers
Bowling Green tp0a
Twin Falls Da Badgers
Burbank osceola hoopers
Detroit Lorillas
St. Louis haywoods
Joplin Kozmic Blues
Ann Arbor Villagers
Buffalo Lunchpails

Don't be surprised if your recruiting class underwhelms this cycle!

Really deeeeeep class of guards this season, which suits me fine as that is what I'm after.

I'm not in the market for bigs, but at a glance there didn't seem to be much quality or even quantity (not counting all those 6'8 tweeners). Expect high concentrations on the good ones with inviting prefs.

I started feeling like I was being a bit super aggressive this cycle and I realize why. This class is 3rd worst overall of the seasons I have in my database. Last season was 2nd best.

64 1.00 (baseline based on my ratings system)
66 0.90
59 0.84
65 0.83
61 0.83
60 0.82
67 0.78
62 0.76
63 0.68

So I'm likely going to be in some bigger than comfortable ties this season, but the good news is I really only need to land 1 of them. I'm locked up at PG, SG, PF for 3 seasons with FR and SO in each position and Hutchings is back next season at SF.

I'm not so sure this is true anymore. Last season I counted 4 CPU players based on the # of * named teams. This season there are 22 CPU teams listed. I don't know how long it takes for an abandoned team to revert to * status, so there may be others.

If you max an "E" local guy in one of these teams regions, expect them to be on them as well.

The list of CPU squads:
Seattle Crimson Rhinos
Newark NJ SquidVishus
Tulsa Evergreen
Madison Huskies
Salem Night Hawks
Riverside Cleveland Joes
South Bend Chowdaheads
Pensacola Dawgs
San Jose Knights
Fargo Grantwolves
St. Paul Thunder
Tuscaloosa Taiwan Templars
Evansville Black Diamonds
Pittsburgh Panthers
Bowling Green tp0a
Twin Falls Da Badgers
Burbank osceola hoopers
Detroit Lorillas
St. Louis haywoods
Joplin Kozmic Blues
Ann Arbor Villagers
Buffalo Lunchpails

Yea but IDK if you guys know this or not but after like week 3 the unmanned teams that still aren't placed on computer status yet have their autorecruiter kickoff so you can still a guy like that. That is how I grabbed Samuel McDaniel last season, and he was a guy that was in the to 75 almost the entire season. Just never moved over 66 points so I swooped in and grabbed him.

Figured out my maxes:

Region 32: Will Sollars
Region 24 Rodolfo Aguilar
Region 2: Gene Macklin
Region 27: Paul Livingston

Like my chances with the two bigs, Sollars and Livingston. It will probably be a crapshoot for Aguilar, and I'm actually going against the local pref for Macklin but I had absolutely no other max-worthy PG/SG types that came close to fitting my prefs. Really wanted to go after Tad Board but need a combo guard since i'm graduating 3 guys who fill in at PG/SG. Could be another good class in Flagstaff. Hope I don't overlap on anyone this cycle!

As of Right now, Boca's Maxes are:

Jessie Martinez R18
Bryon Tobias R25
Brice Truong R15
Tad Board R17

Having to go out of conference this cycle due to prefs & talent (lack of).

I'm expecting a lot of competition for the bigs due to lack of talent, but I just need to land 1 of Martinez, Tobias and Truong. I'll cast a wide net on bigs as well in hopes of avoiding walk ons.

Ugh

With 4 minutes remaining Boca lead by 7pts only to watch it widdle away. Nashville turned up the defense and held us scoreless for the last 3:48 and pulled away with the win 104-99.

Good game Nashville, that might be one that haunts us at the end of the season.

Poisson had 30, Hutchings 20, Atkins 14

Frankfort and Dearborn stayed within one possession of each other for three quarters; then, Dearborn went ice cold for 4 mins to start the fourth. Frankfort went on an 11-0 run to get a lead, held off Dearborn's late run, including their game tying three pointer. 79-76. Rodrigo Lott with 18, but the SuperViewer PoG was Marvin Haynes 2/5, 3 reb, 5 ast, 1 blk, 3 stl. Good game, warak, and good luck recruiting.

Well Flagstaff faced off with Duluth tonight and for a half it was going nicely, with Flagstaff holding a 40-33 advantage. Then Duluth went off. Outscored Flagstaff 55-34 in the second half. Not pretty. Coach Pilot will not be sad when Ernest Morin graduates. He kills us everytime we play. Not much more I can do than put my Sr. Exc defender, Exc Athlete on him, and it still didn't matter.

Unfortunately, My bigs didn't have the same success that Mr. Morin had. Stone and Naquin had fits with the defenders coach Ph threw at them, combining to go a terrible 11/30. Pretty awful for 7'1 and 6'11 guys. They did combine for almost as many rebounds as Duluth did as a team, but it didn't matter. Looks like I need to turn AP loose again, and limit Mr. Naquin until he adjust a little more to the college game.

Good game Ph, looks like you have a yet another really strong team, appreciate the game bud.

Back