• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

(2-1 in the challenge, not too shabby)

Not shabby at all.

Dearborn has taken the top spot as both Boca and Carbondale fell on Friday night. The battle has heated up with 8 teams tied at 2-1 going into the regular season matchups. Rochester and Duluth both are still seeking their first DeACCon win of the season.

Dearborn Warak's Deacs 3-0
Chicago Golden Deacons 2-1
Boca Raton Storm 2-1
Flint Firestarters 2-1
Odessa Spooks 2-1
Carbondale Violence 2-1
Akron Rowdies 2-1
Flagstaff whippersnappers 2-1
Frankfort Deacon Blues 2-1
Eugene Travellers 1-2
Cincinnati Skyline Deacs 1-2
Nashville Domination 1-2
Rochester Sandworms 0-3
Duluth Bullish Deacs 0-3

I was nervous about the season, but this week has made me a little less so. The senior leadership will hopefully help this season. (Starting 2 seniors, 2 juniors, and a freshman) This means the next two seasons are going to be HUGE on the recruiting trail.

Just took the time to go through recruits for this cycle. Have to agree that this cycle seems week. Didn't see many stud PG prospects that fit me. Probably going 3 C/PF type and then a PG reach for my maxes. Should be interesting.

Do you guys offer scholarships to your maxes? Do you have/need to?

I do, but I've read on the simboards that it is not necessary. Supposedly kmoney was going to change code to make it mandatory, but I can't imagine he's actually cracked code (yet) with the slow progress of the other things on his plate. I offer schollies bc 1) I don't want to risk putting myself at a disadvantage 2) to follow the spirit of the game rules. Like most, I make my net with some schollies only, saving about 5-6 for later. I grant those to maxes I am determined to see to the end.

I do, but I've read on the simboards that it is not necessary. Supposedly kmoney was going to change code to make it mandatory, but I can't imagine he's actually cracked code (yet) with the slow progress of the other things on his plate. I offer schollies bc 1) I don't want to risk putting myself at a disadvantage 2) to follow the spirit of the game rules. Like most, I make my net with some schollies only, saving about 5-6 for later. I grant those to maxes I am determined to see to the end.

I too follow this to almost a T. Have a big game against Duluth tonight, he's had a rough schedule to open up the season, sorry Ph, but hope you don't figure it out tongiht :thumbsup:.

Also, don't know if you guys knew about this or not but storm recently informed me that you can scrimmage teams between different leagues. No idea how I didn't know about his. MIND=BLOWN :eek: I'm scrimmaging both of my teams against each other tonight as well as my L15 team against my bros team in Odessa. Should be a fun night.

Thanks for the reminder to change my lineup. I did my HS scrimmages but forgot to change my lineup. My lineup in the exhibition was completely experimental.

Didn't know about the cross league scrimmages. Wow.

I too follow this to almost a T. Have a big game against Duluth tonight, he's had a rough schedule to open up the season, sorry Ph, but hope you don't figure it out tongiht :thumbsup:.

Also, don't know if you guys knew about this or not but storm recently informed me that you can scrimmage teams between different leagues. No idea how I didn't know about his. MIND=BLOWN :eek: I'm scrimmaging both of my teams against each other tonight as well as my L15 team against my bros team in Odessa. Should be a fun night.

Yeah, I've done this once with my coworker who got me in the game. We both had good teams in different leagues, and I offered his coachname in the other league a scrimmage. He beat me with his +9 stud C. He hasn't suggested doing this since.

Good night in Simsports land for me.

Flagstaff picked up a 88-76 win over Duluth. Rene Naquin led the charge with 20/10/4assist/3blocks. Eric Sullivan also played well, netting 24 points but only 2 assist to 3 TO's from his PG position. Biggest difference was the +14 rebounding margin Flagstaff had. Duluth got good games from Ernest Morin and it's bench, which outscored ours 20-13. Good game Ph, good luck the rest of the season.

My L15 St. Louis team also picked up a win tonight in our first conference game. We also scrimmaged against my Flagstaff team twice, losing by only 7 and 9. Real story was my L15 Freshman Lavon Dickinson. He really outplayed Rene Naquin, holding Naquin to only 8 points each meeting while scoring 13 and 16 himself. Looks like i've found my best lineup early in the season, which could be a good sign of things to come. Really stoked to have Dickinson for almost 4 full seasons.

My innitial recruiting look has not offered me many answers. My short list looks to include:

R9 Henry Whitman
R14 Carl Mccluskey
R19 Elias Russel
R5 Henry Pate
R20 Vaughn Chase
R23 Howard Dellinger
R23 Spencer Crossman
R25 Frankie Dotson
R26 Logan Torres
R27 Steve Malone

Soooo four of those will be maxed. Stay away!

Last edited:
My innitial recruiting look has not offered me many answers. My short list looks to include:

R5 Henry Pate
R25 Frankie Dotson

I'm on these two as definite maxes. I had previously mentioned Pate already. :p

My official list:
Jake Evans 13
Henry Pate 5
Brent Floyd 12
Frankie Dotson 25

My official list:
Jake Evans 13
Henry Pate 5
Brent Floyd 12
Frankie Dotson 25

Haha I hear ya. My bro and i have been talking about maxes for about the last 20 minutes or so. I'm really pissed that the prefs are slightly against me on Howard Dellinger of region 23. Kid is exactly what I was looking for in a PG and no one else in this class is like him that is even close to my prefs. Think Odessa will be after him.

As for Pate, if i decide to max him, don't feel to bad when I reel him in :thumbsup: I really don't know who my 4 will be yet. I'll let you guys know when I figure it out. Right now I'm really liking Malone, Whitman, Mccluskey, Chase, Crossman, and Dantzler of region 1 who I left off my other list. I'd say i'm 80% sure i'll max 4 of those 6.

My official list:
Jake Evans 13
Henry Pate 5
Brent Floyd 12
Frankie Dotson 25

And i like Dotson a ton, but i'm not going to fight you for him.

I finally did some recruiting today and I agree with the sentiment that this class is not impressive.

It's going to be a tough season in Duluth. I replaced a good scoring PG and elite rebounding and defensive 6-10 C with a decent pass first PG and a mediocre tweener in Vanmeter. My other bigs are decent, but can't fill Peter Murphy's shoes. That senior class of netters ended up being much better than I though. Not sure this class is deep enough to have the same luck.

Initial thoughts about who I want to max:

Dellinger(23)
Drummond(32)
Kilpatrick(26)
Magill(17)
Eisenhart(22)

Maxing 4 of these, pretty positive on Magill, Dellinger, And Drummond. Unsure about whether to get Kilpatrick or Eisenhart (based on need). Thanks to tau for the help haha

R19 Henry Whitman
R14 Carl Mccluskey
R19 Elias Russel
R5 Henry Pate
R20 Vaughn Chase
R23 Howard Dellinger
R23 Spencer Crossman
R25 Frankie Dotson
R26 Logan Torres
R27 Steve Malone

Looks like everyone is looking at the same players! I already maxed Chase but am also looking at most of what u are listing. Hmmm

Looks like everyone is looking at the same players! I already maxed Chase but am also looking at most of what u are listing. Hmmm

Haha I figured we would overlap quite a bit this time through. Just bound to happen with so many of us recruiting the same prefs. I'm down for avoiding as many repeats as possible.

DeACCon Challenge - Game 4

We've got quite a log jam at the top now that Dearborn lost. :)

Frankfort Deacon Blues 3-1
Dearborn Warak's Deacs 3-1
Chicago Golden Deacons 3-1
Odessa Spooks 3-1
Carbondale Violence 3-1
Flagstaff whippersnappers 3-1
Boca Raton Storm 3-1

Akron Rowdies 2-2
Flint Firestarters 2-1

Cincinnati Skyline Deacs 1-2
Eugene Travellers 1-3
Nashville Domination 1-3
Rochester Sandworms 0-4
Duluth Bullish Deacs 0-4

Results:
Boca 75-63 over Eugene
Frankfort 86-69 over Dearborn
Chicago 117-115 over Nashville
Odessa 73-55 over Akron
Carbondale 72-47 over Rochester
Flagstaff 88-76 over Duluth
Flint DNP
Cincinnati DNP

Do you guys offer scholarships to your maxes? Do you have/need to?

Really? I've always assumed that I needed to give scholarships or else I might lose a player.

As such, I usually give a scholarship to the maxes that I know I am on till the end and to others once I determine they are till the end usually at reveal but sometimes later on. Assuming I needed them, I just didn't want to forget to give one to a max but also want to make sure I don't over net with scholarships. I generally try and keep 4-5 around for the end game outside of those that I gave to maxes and netters.

Back