• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

So, Ph, how well does Vanmeter shoot for you? PM response is fine. I'm trying to get a handle on Esterle's defense at the PF spot. Thanks!

Sorry man, Vanmeter went 6-11 for 14 pts, his best outing by far.

Found my 1st two maxes, hopefully not going to get in huge ties:

Ross Rae - 6'11 SF, region 16 - G+G-F+F+F
Dawson Thornburg - 6'11 SF, region, FF+F+E+F

Scrimmaged them both at the 3, 4 and 5 - looks like Rae is a solid Center and Thornburg can play the 3 or 4 effectively.

Gotta find one more then cast a big net.

Well, after the 1st Annual Evansville ScrimmageFest, a few things are clear.

1.) Going into today, the clubhouse leader for our 1st max was Region 31's Henry Brothers. Brothers looked like (and still looks like, I guess) a +6 or +7 PG, and was seen by Evansville as our first bona fide star. Our scouting system rated him as the 2nd best player in the class, and he fits our preferences fairly well.

Then, Brothers played in 70 scrimmage games for the Evansville ScrimmageFest. He played 40 games at PG and 30 games at SG with the various lineups. The results were... less than encouraging. His per game and per/30 stats are listed below:

Code:
Name	      Pos   MPG     FG%	  RPG   APG   BPG   SPG   TO/G   PPG
H. BROTHERS   PG   30.8   0.411   1.8	3.7   0.1   1.3    1.1   9.0
H. BROTHERS   SG   32.1   0.420   2.6	3.1   0.4   1.1    0.4   9.1

H. BROTHERS   PG   30.0   0.411   1.7	3.6   0.1   1.3    1.0   8.8
H. BROTHERS   SG   30.0   0.420   2.5	2.9   0.3   1.0    0.4   8.5

Right now, it's looking like we might opt to net Brothers and hope other people saw his scrimm struggles. He's currently Fair+ scouted at G+E-E+G-G-. I don't think he'll be getting our first max, especially with those shooting woes.

2.) Mostly because of Brothers' struggles, Evansville is ready to announce their first max of the scouting season. It'll be going to G John Lawson, who is Good scouted at E-F+E-F+F+. I think he could come in at a +5, and would be an immediate starter for Dunkbots. He scrimmaged extremely well at both PG and SG, many times playing opposite Brothers, and aligns perfectly with our prefs (he's PPE, which is exactly what I'm looking for). We're going to take the gamble on him and hope that one of the F+'s bump up, or that he lands with G or E intel.

3.) The other three maxes are mostly still up for grabs. Only one of the other candidates really distinguished himself in the ScrimmageFest, and there are a couple guys who didn't make it to the ScrimmageFest that I'm still considering. More info as next Friday draws closer!

4.) If anybody wants info on a specific recruit, I've got data for 60 scrimmage games on about 20-25 guys. I'd be happy to share with someone, as many of the recruits don't fit my preferences. Corbin Nilsson, for example, was tried at 3 positions (he looks like a solid SF). If you don't want to ask for a specific player, but want a full list of scrimmed guys I'm not interested in, send a PM and I'll see what I can do! :)

I need some help with the spreadsheet. I copied it from my perks, and I am using Excel for Mac 2011 and when I paste it doesn't separate into columns and rows. Does anyone know how to help?

I'm impressed/worried about you guys running so many scrimmages. Impressed, bc that is a lot of work. Worried, bc I am afraid you'll burn out or not be able to keep up that level of effort.

fwiw, I ran 4 scrimmages on Monday; 4 more on Wednesday and usually continue that pattern until I get my maxes. Just wanted to say you can be successful in this game w/o running mega scrimmages. But my hat is off to those that do.

1.) Going into today, the clubhouse leader for our 1st max was Region 31's Henry Brothers. Brothers looked like (and still looks like, I guess) a +6 or +7 PG, and was seen by Evansville as our first bona fide star. Our scouting system rated him as the 2nd best player in the class, and he fits our preferences fairly well.

The Storm system ranks Brothers as #85 with a 10.72. Lawson is rated #59 with 11.83.

Just a word of caution, It takes time to perfect a rating system in this game. Lord knows, I'm still trying! I'm 99.9% certain that if you compared top 10s from Ph, myself and anyone else that rates players we'd find quite a bit of discrepancy. In part due to it being an inexact science and in part due to how each of us values different things about players (Specific Stats, Specific Atts, etc)

If you are even remotely interested in Brothers, I recommend maxing him. His attributes alone are likely to get him at least 1 max.

The Storm system ranks Brothers as #85 with a 10.72. Lawson is rated #59 with 11.83.

Just a word of caution, It takes time to perfect a rating system in this game. Lord knows, I'm still trying! I'm 99.9% certain that if you compared top 10s from Ph, myself and anyone else that rates players we'd find quite a bit of discrepancy. In part due to it being an inexact science and in part due to how each of us values different things about players (Specific Stats, Specific Atts, etc)

If you are even remotely interested in Brothers, I recommend maxing him. His attributes alone are likely to get him at least 1 max.

Given that you have the #1 recruiting ranking over the last 4 seasons, I'd have to give the edge to your system.

Given that you have the #1 recruiting ranking over the last 4 seasons, I'd have to give the edge to your system.

:eek:

Thanks for the compliment Ph.

With that, Boca has invited #1 Storm system ranked Henry Pate (20.27) to the game against Chicago Friday evening. Coach Stormfury was quoted as saying. "We fully understand that Henry will have his pick of universities next year, however we're hoping he sees the excitement building around our Winning program." Pate has mentioned several times that a Winning team is his priority in his choice for a university.

To date, Boca has already extended a scholarship offer to locally talented Jake Evans who also expressed a desire to join a winning program as well as staying local. Rumors are that Evans would like to re-join former team mate Erin Atkins already at Boca Raton.

2 Maxes down, more later!
-----------------------------
Jake Evans R13
Henry Pate R5

Pate's pretty much guaranteed to be +8 or better. There's also a good chance he'll be in the Top 5 in the Top 75.

Pate's pretty much guaranteed to be +8 or better. There's also a good chance he'll be in the Top 5 in the Top 75.

Yep, I don't expect him to be easy to sign but with 2 Senior NAs why not take a shot? Our last 2 PR rankings are 8 and 2 as well so we have a decent shot IMO.

Yep, I don't expect him to be easy to sign but with 2 Senior NAs why not take a shot? Our last 2 PR rankings are 8 and 2 as well so we have a decent shot IMO.

If he was Exc Win, I'd agree with you. I may be narrowing my searches to take advantage of my 4/4. Of course, I'm not too confident I'll be top 20 this season.

If he was Exc Win, I'd agree with you. I may be narrowing my searches to take advantage of my 4/4. Of course, I'm not too confident I'll be top 20 this season.

I havent even looked at recruits yet, but will let you all know when I do. Storm, sent you a scrimmage since we dont play this season. Think its my first exh lineup, which im thinking will be my best lineup.

TY, ill get ur spreadsheet up and going when I get home this afternoon, even if I half to copy/paste out of jmp again.

I'm impressed/worried about you guys running so many scrimmages. Impressed, bc that is a lot of work. Worried, bc I am afraid you'll burn out or not be able to keep up that level of effort.

fwiw, I ran 4 scrimmages on Monday; 4 more on Wednesday and usually continue that pattern until I get my maxes. Just wanted to say you can be successful in this game w/o running mega scrimmages. But my hat is off to those that do.

Dont worry awaken im in the same boat as you :thumbsup: I dont think ive run more than 4 or 5 recruit scrimmages the past 5 or 6 seasons. Good work for those of you that do. Just not worth it to me to get super hyped over a kid and then have him end up a 5/5 and not end up at your school

Storm, sent you a scrimmage since we dont play this season. Think its my first exh lineup, which im thinking will be my best lineup.

Awesome, I'm interested in testing one tweak to my lineup and see how it does. I accepted and put in my tweak. I also sent you back a scrimmage with my lineup as I have used in the first 2 exhibition matches.

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever seen a conference be more of a recruiting wasteland than Conference 18.

I have come to the conclusion that if you need bigs (6'9" or taller), you will not find enough players to fill your net. What a terrible class for a team like mine with nothing but guys 6'8" or shorter. I think I've found my two maxes, but they're definitely going to be 5/5 or greater ties. That's not worth the bother.

Back