• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

I noticed your class was ranked dead last, DaDeacs. You are in Bz mode now. Time to park the Prius, roll up your sleeves, put on your socks, and hit the recruiting trail. While hitting a HR is tempting, I think you need some sure things. Like RSF, walk-on avoidance is top prioritiy.

btw, did you not have any CL's?

Who do you guys think is the best PG in this class? I'm curious because I'd like to scrimmage Jake Evans against the top defensive and scoring PGs. He shut down Brent Floyd in 10 head to head allowing only 11 and 10 in 2 of the matchups, everything else was single digits while Jake scored over 20 4 of 10 and double digits in all but 2 matches. More importantly he had only 1 topg and that is mostly due to a couple of bad games.

I picked Floyd due to his Good + Def and Exc - Ath. He scored 26 in his debut league game last night as well but I'm not convinced he is an elite scorer.

Oh, if anyone is looking at SG Kelly Barton let me know and i can get you 10 games worth of stats. I paired him with Evans to see what Evans could do with a solid SG beside him. Barton doesn't match up with me pref wise though. Kid is a monster scorer, wish he didn't have E local in region 22.

He had 11, 18, 18,16, 27,24,35,20,31, and 25
I scrimmaged Evans at SG, came away unimpressed. His averages:

Code:
 MIN   PTS   FG%   REB   AST   STL   BLK    TO
30.2  11.8   43%   2.2   1.7   1.6   0.5   2.3

He played all 10 games against Stanley Mason, who outplayed him. (14.1 PPG, 53% FG%, 1.1 STL) Neither guy really aligns with my prefs, though. Floyd scares me. I was thinking about maxing him, but I don't have faith in that scout rating, and his scrimmages weren't great. I've been generally unimpressed by point guards in this class so far. A lot of solid SF/PF types, though.

I got lucky. No chance I hang with you normally. I am starting a +2 PG, a +2 SG, a +3 SG, a +2 PF and a +2/-2 C. Are you running a slow down and shoot less strategy? You only took 49 shots the whole game.

I finally looked at my incoming class :rulz:

6'1" PG PFFFGF
6'7" SF FPPPFF
6'8" PF NFPGFF

Wow, that is atrocious - the worst part is I have no room for error in recruiting moving forward. The PG is playing as my back up, he might be serviceable, I am sticking him at 1/1 shooting and just hoping he doesn't make mistakes.

Wow. I have inherited some teams with bad classes, that were ranked easily in the upper 230's and 240's but never anything close to that. THat is DEEP in the negative side on a +/- basis. Make sure you hit up some of the guys on here that build huge nets and have guys that are at worst +1/+2 that would be yours for the taking. 2 classes like that in a row can kill a program.

I scrimmaged Evans at SG, came away unimpressed. His averages:

Code:
30.2  11.8   43%   2.2   1.7   1.6   0.5   2.3

He played all 10 games against Stanley Mason, who outplayed him. (14.1 PPG, 53% FG%, 1.1 STL) Neither guy really aligns with my prefs, though. Floyd scares me. I was thinking about maxing him, but I don't have faith in that scout rating, and his scrimmages weren't great. I've been generally unimpressed by point guards in this class so far. A lot of solid SF/PF types, though.
See why we have to scrimmage more than 5 matches. :)

My numbers for Evans were far better. I scrimmaged Evans at PG in 10 games against Floyd who is ranked very high in my rating system.
Code:
31.4  17.8   49%   1.7   3.1   1.3   0.6   1.0

So it looks like Evans wouldn't be comfortable at SG but is fine at PG. Thankfully, Mo Poisson would be comfortable at SG as well as PG, so I'm still leaning towards Maxing Evans. Thanks for the feedback. Very helpful.

Wow. I have inherited some teams with bad classes, that were ranked easily in the upper 230's and 240's but never anything close to that. THat is DEEP in the negative side on a +/- basis. Make sure you hit up some of the guys on here that build huge nets and have guys that are at worst +1/+2 that would be yours for the taking. 2 classes like that in a row can kill a program.

Yes! I know that at least a few of us were offering up net players last cycle who should have been better than these guys. It's also ok to get in 2nd on some of our netters as well as CL guys in your net. You just never know when a guy falls because someone wins a tie. I know I favor having 5-6 potential players due to 1-2 of them being ties, so it's possible that a very good player is going to fall. Especially when we win ties like this season.

I noticed your class was ranked dead last, DaDeacs. You are in Bz mode now. Time to park the Prius, roll up your sleeves, put on your socks, and hit the recruiting trail. While hitting a HR is tempting, I think you need some sure things. Like RSF, walk-on avoidance is top prioritiy.

btw, did you not have any CL's?

I had two in my net that I was clear on - neither were any good, but should have been +1 or +2 at best - not sure why I didn't get any of them.

Lost two 1/1 ties and my 2/2 tie.

This year, I am looking for EXC local prefs in conference 16, but most of the recruits in 16 suck. Lots of good ones in 15 so far, but not a lot of PF/C. I do have 5 straight years of non-loss seasons, so hopefully that will go in my favor for winning prefs too.

I had two in my net that I was clear on - neither were any good, but should have been +1 or +2 at best - not sure why I didn't get any of them.

Lost two 1/1 ties and my 2/2 tie.

This year, I am looking for EXC local prefs in conference 16, but most of the recruits in 16 suck. Lots of good ones in 15 so far, but not a lot of PF/C. I do have 5 straight years of non-loss seasons, so hopefully that will go in my favor for winning prefs too.

Don't get scared into limiting yourself to your conference. My recommendation would be to pick 3-4 guys in the +2 to +3 range and max them. These guys might be in a lot of nets but might not get maxed by anyone besides yourself.

I may or may not have just set up 60 scrimmages.

I think I'm officially addicted to this game.

Most talented group of Players?

This is my 10th season as Head Coach of Boca Raton and while it is early in recruiting, this appears to be a feast or Famine season. The upper tier is second only to the exceptional Season 64 class with 45% falling below a 5 rating.

Based on the Storm Rating system, 4 kids in this year's crop are in the top 10 all time Ratings wise. Only 17 kids have ever been ranked 18 or higher in my system and 4 of them are in this class. I do expect one of them to possibly drop out of that ranking once a few games get input into the system but still it's starting out really nicely.

Season 60 and 64 both had 3 kids ranked 18 or higher (Roy Moore 60, Jacob Stevens 60, Ernest Riley 60, Jim Ayers 64, Bert Hutchings 64, Eric Wright 64)

Roy Moore terrorize Boca and finished his career as the 8th leading scorer in Gulf Shore history.
Jacob Stevens went on to be Santa Anna's 4th all time shot blocker and 8th in rebounding.
Ernest Riley broke coach Stormfury's heart as he signed with Springfield instead of Boca. He went on to be the Ninja Vampires 4th all time assister.

All three of Season 64's studs are playing in their senior seasons this year at Deacon institutions and look to break into their team's top 10 in at least 1 statistic. Ayers (rebounds,steals #6), Wright (assists), Hutchings (points)

Here's the Storm System Breakdown for Season 68:
18 or Higher: 4
15 to 17.99: 16 (second to Season 64's 21)
10 to 14.99: 108 (third to Season 64's 146 and Season 8's 125)
**** Only 16.7% of the class above this level ****
7 to 9.99: 153 (9th)
5 to 6:99: 136 (8th)
**** Beware of Players below this point ****
< 5: 351 (3rd)

Man Season 64 was a great season to recruit. How is it that the only quality kid I managed was Bert Hutchings! :tard:

I got lucky. No chance I hang with you normally. I am starting a +2 PG, a +2 SG, a +3 SG, a +2 PF and a +2/-2 C. Are you running a slow down and shoot less strategy? You only took 49 shots the whole game.

I did run slow down, because I am unsure of my PG at the moment. That seems to be ok, so I'm speeding it up a bit next game.

recruiting question here. In L15 i'm trying to find a max big that doesn't suck that I feel would be a CL, pretty dang hard. Found a guy with really solid stats that didn't scrimmage to shabby. Question is: He's Poor scouted F-G-F-G-F- with INT that puts him in G/EXC range but i'm worried about the F- bumping up. What have you guys noticed on Fair- attributes of poor scouted guys? Will/can that jump all the way to a G or is there no way it will get to a G level? TIA fellas.

There's a good chance the F- will go up but the G- aren't as good. Seems like he'd fit your requirements, especially if he has the rebounds and blocks to support those G-. If you get a CL big at FGFGGF, that's decent.

Dearborn has identified our first max and it will become official tonight...Vaughn Chase r20.

everyone stay away!

There's a good chance the F- will go up but the G- aren't as good. Seems like he'd fit your requirements, especially if he has the rebounds and blocks to support those G-. If you get a CL big at FGFGGF, that's decent.

Good deal, thanks Ph. The G- look as if they are solid was just wondering about the F- attributes. Hopefully the guy will be a steal for me.

Boca will be maxing locally talented Guard Jake Evans. Evans will be attending tonight's game against league Powerhouse Frankfort after visiting the Boca Raton Campus and coaching staff throughout the day. Evans is good friends with Boca SG Erin Atkins who graduated from Ft. Myers High last season. Evans is believed to be favoring reuniting with the prolific scorer in college.

The Storm also have announced that local favorite Tony Salazar, who recently retired from the European SimBa has signed a contract to join the coaching staff.

It looks like Evansville is going to wait until Friday to announce our maxes. There are about 6-7 options we're considering, but want to see the results of the first annual Evansville ScrimmageFest, which is taking place today.

Chances are good that we'll be maxing two big men, one guard, and one wingman.

It looks like Evansville is going to wait until Friday to announce our maxes. There are about 6-7 options we're considering, but want to see the results of the first annual Evansville ScrimmageFest, which is taking place today.

Chances are good that we'll be maxing two big men, one guard, and one wingman.

If your still a small program, you won't have much leeway for a safety net if you max 4. Just wanted to point that out in case it wasn't obvious.

Back