• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Actually, last time you said that, your players missed their weekly hormone treatments and ended up sprouting facial hair again.
Don't worry, awaken. The league is still investigating my accusionations of Boca Raton's corruption. I think your team's rampant steroid use* will fly under the radar for a few more seasons at this rate.

*ALLEGED. obviously. i mean, elmer custis SAID he shot himself full of HGH. but who would believe a steroid user?

DeACCon Tournament time! Sign up with your three PR's:

Frankfort #137
Current Power Ranking: 3
Last Yr Power Ranking: 1
2nd Prior Power Rank: 2

Rochester #42

Current Power Ranking: 85
Last Yr Power Ranking: 103
2nd Prior Power Rank: 87

In other news, I won my first round matchup and have a rematch of a preseason game against the #1 seeded Branson Merkins. They beat me by 17 in the first matchup, so I'll need to figure out a better gameplan.

Beat the 6-Seed Bismarck 95-77. Surprised at the margin and the box score looks much more even. Nonetheless, we'll take it.

Up next is 18-1 Youngstown. The highest PR team they've played is #39. The next highest ranked was the #65 team they just beat in the NTT. So, it's hard to tell what we're up against other than they have one of the best centers in the league.

DiV, any suggestions against Branson? I see you beat them early in the season.

Boca Raton Storm #104
Current Power Ranking: 8
Last Yr Power Ranking: 3
2nd Prior Power Rank: 8

Boca Raton 80
Raleigh 51

Boca's defense held the Bearcats 23 below their season average to take the 1st round victory. Atkins had 19 while Poisson added 17. Brice Truong had 4 steals at C.

Next up 17-2 Arlington Blues who's tough to read. They have 2 losses both to top 45 squads but most of their victories this season have been above 100 PR.

Arlington is averaging 89.3 ppg this season and have 4 starters scoring in double digits. Should be an interesting matchup.

As for the Deacon's we've lost a few coaches. Still have an outside shot at an all DeACCon Final Four.

Still In
Boca Raton NW
Carbondale NE
Frankfort SW
Flagstaff SE
Nashville SE

Eliminated
Pittsburgh
Dearborn
Duluth

Rochester: I don't have much to offer other than they're a bit weak defensively at the SG and PF spots. We had a significant FT advantage and beat them up on the boards. I'd say you match up pretty well with them.

DeACCon Tournament time! Sign up with your three PR's:

Frankfort #137
Current Power Ranking: 3
Last Yr Power Ranking: 1
2nd Prior Power Rank: 2

Odessa #197
Current Power Ranking: 64
Last Yr Power Ranking: 82
2nd Prior Power Rank: 59

So, I could use a hand with my L5 lineup if anybody has some advice.

22533341.png

I was thinking about moving Roberts and Binkley to the bench in favor of Ward and Price (with Ward going to SF and Maldonado going to SG). Roberts is one of the program's all-time leading scorers, but he's only a +3... I guess moving him to the bench could help the scoring punch. Chartrand was mostly my SF last year, but I decided to take a chance on him at PG to get Maldonado minutes at SF.

Anyway, it's still the preseason and I have some extra credits for scrimmages, so I'm open to ideas.

Sounds like Ward is effective (among all time leading scorers) despite his attributes. I wouldn't bench him his Sr year (Sr's finish strong). You are right in not wanting two poor shooters on the floor at once. I am a fan of "stacking" similar players behind each other, so I'd stack Binkley at bC behind C Donaghy, and start Price at PF. This keeps only one poor shooter on the floor at a time; and since the players are otherwise similar, chemistry is maintained despite sub patterns. Ward and Harrison appear to be bench contributors - encourage them to shoot as they'll be your primary (sole?) bench scorers. Ward could start for you next year if his Int and Ath compensate for his Fair defense. You are unavoidably exposed/undersized at bPF, but there is nothing you can do about it now. You obviously need another class of bigs/forwards, and then move your current forwards up to SG.

Flagstaff gets a nice 96-83 over the 12 seed Augusta. Augusta had 3 guys score over 20 on me but I countered with more bench depth and balance, having all of my starters scoring in double figures. Pedigo was great on offense, throwing in 24 points on 15 shots. Gene Macklin may have been the star of the game, scoring 10 points and having 5 assist/0 TOs while trying to hold down Edwin Whitaker, who's an offensive monster.

Up next is Roswell, who upset the 4 seed West Palm Beach. Gene Macklin getter get some rest as he will be put in charge of slowing down James Dill next game. Dill and Whitaker are both in the leagues top 6 in scoring, so I'm certainly not avoiding the stars! Hopefully Macklin can keep him under wraps and the combination of Pedigo and depth takes up to the sweet 16. Good luck to all coaches remaining.

Flagstaff Whippersnappers

Team 256
Current PR: 14
LY PR: 9
2YR PR: 3

Lol my freshman SF just grew 2 inches to 6'9. Think that's the first time I've had a jump like that. Love me some big SFs. Hope it works out for me

Lost to Peoria 72-69. C Ruffin went 5-18 and SF Donnely went 2-11. That was pretty much the game.

Lol my freshman SF just grew 2 inches to 6'9. Think that's the first time I've had a jump like that. Love me some big SFs. Hope it works out for me

This made me go check my team and while I didn't have a height gain, my SF Gonzalez increased to E defense. Woot!

I just noticed Swoopers predictions on the DTL Forum.... GULP... No Pressure. :)

Looking over the stats this morning, Leon Cochran broke 1000 pts for his career last night giving me 3 over 1000 on my active roster. He's 1 steal from tying 1st in Boca career history. He's had a very solid career at PF for us.

In for the DEAccon tourney with the last seed:

Team #124 - Cincinnati Skyline Deacs

Current Power Ranking: 95
Last Yr Power Ranking: 79
2nd Prior Power Rank: 104

Also, Cincy is an 11 seed in the NIT - won our first round match against a divisional opponent and now onto playing the top team left in my bracket, Pensacola - a win here would guarantee me at least a .500 season and would match me against either the 7 or 15 seed in the sweet sixteen.

I was hoping that the simulation may put something in about seniors in their last games, so for my conference tourney, I jacked my senior, all-time leading scorer for Cincy up to a 9 shoot figuring he would go all Randolph Chilldress on them - and while he played well, I lost 2 of 3 games. I switched it back to 7, and we crushed the team that beat us in our conference tourney (won by 14, had it by 20 late in the game).

Back