• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

orange bowl

Dierks Bentley sounds turrible. Dude is struggling.

The whole production was amateur hour. The announcers, refs, halftime Dierks bs, feed, all of it. Entertaining game. Fuck Clempscum but damn Sammy and Tahj are good.

Great win for the Tigers! But if I was Dabo, I would skip the "We're the first team from the state of SC to win a BCS Bowl". It's a lot harder to get to a BCS game when you play in the SEC than the ACC. Plus when you have lost the last 5 in a row to the Gamecocks, I wouldn't want to piss them off. You might lose the next 5 too.

Plus you were gifted an interception to seal the game. And without the muffed punt up 9 at the 35, the game would have likely gotten out of reach. Can't stand Klempsun and anyone who ever pulls for them (except over the blue bloods perhaps).

Great win for the Tigers! But if I was Dabo, I would skip the "We're the first team from the state of SC to win a BCS Bowl". It's a lot harder to get to a BCS game when you play in the SEC than the ACC. Plus when you have lost the last 5 in a row to the Gamecocks, I wouldn't want to piss them off. You might lose the next 5 too.

Their schedule couldn't have been much easier (SEC East was weak, crossover games were with Mississippi State and Arkansas). If they hadn't lost to Tennessee (that'd be 5-7 Tennessee), they'd have been in a BCS bowl.

Clemson played and beat the team that was supposed to be the best in the division when they were at full strength (a team USC lost to by two scores).

Have to admit that was a classic rebuttal to the ole ball coach's comments after their bowl game win! Good week for the Palmetto State.....

as someone from south carolina i don't feel a damn bit proud that those upstate douchebags won a BCS bowl.

Except for my friend DiegoTiger, who is a cool dude and i'm happy for him.

So, South Carolina won the Cotton Bowl, but I'm confused about what this result means for them in the OB.

Their schedule couldn't have been much easier (SEC East was weak, crossover games were with Mississippi State and Arkansas). If they hadn't lost to Tennessee (that'd be 5-7 Tennessee), they'd have been in a BCS bowl.

Clemson played and beat the team that was supposed to be the best in the division when they were at full strength (a team USC lost to by two scores).

I remember Gurley getting a tweaked ankle and a WR tearing his ACL against Clemson. But either way transitive properties are only used when teams don't play each other. USC played and beat Clemson, again. And I hate the ole ball coach. But he appears to own Dumbo.

Clemson (both players and coaches) made every bone-headed stupid mistake conceivable and still managed to win the game, which indicates that Dabo Swinney has had the talent but not the coaching skills to take Clemson to a BCS title game and failed to do it.

Good win for the ACC and bad for the Big 10, but both teams were underperformers this year when the chips were all on the table. And I agree that Dabo should keep his mouth shut until he actually manages to beat South Carolina once.

Clemson (both players and coaches) made every bone-headed stupid mistake conceivable and still managed to win the game, which indicates that Dabo Swinney has had the talent but not the coaching skills to take Clemson to a BCS title game and failed to do it.

Good win for the ACC and bad for the Big 10, but both teams were underperformers this year when the chips were all on the table. And I agree that Dabo should keep his mouth shut until he actually manages to beat South Carolina once.

You think Clemson had the talent to beat Florida State this year?

The whole production was amateur hour. The announcers, refs, halftime Dierks bs, feed, all of it. Entertaining game. Fuck Clempscum but damn Sammy and Tahj are good.

I finally put it on mute because Matt Millen would not shut up. I usually like Tessitore but even he was bad last night.

Overall a fun game to watch. Both teams had moments of brilliance and moments of total failure, but since I really did not care who won, it was fun to watch them go up and down the field. Some great plays on both sides of he ball. Sammy Watkins is the real deal. Wish the Panthers would get him. Just imagine he and Camp on the same team!

I remember Gurley getting a tweaked ankle and a WR tearing his ACL against Clemson. But either way transitive properties are only used when teams don't play each other. USC played and beat Clemson, again. And I hate the ole ball coach. But he appears to own Dumbo.

Wasn't using the transitive property. Was just pointing out that Clemson beat the best team on USC's SEC-tuff schedule.

The schedule didn't keep USC out of the BCS.

IIRC - At the end of the game, 41 seconds left, Clemson ran a play, clock running and all thought game over. However, refs called a dead ball penalty on Clemson and stopped the clock. At that point, the TV screen indicated OSU had 2 time outs remaining and the game became not over. OSU uses those TOs and Clemson has to punt. Yet, OSU didn't use the TOs. Why? Remember Auburn vs Alabama?

Back