• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Oscar Nominations

blackfish left off best documentary?

It's not really a documentary. More of an exposé... But not everyone believes it all to be fact. I don't agree with that, but just saying part of why it was left off.

Blackfish is interesting but its not Academy worthy

Nebraska is the most underrated movie of the year.

seems like kind of a meh year for best picture. not that these movies aren't very good, but I'm not sure we'll look back on this list of movies ten years ago and say, "Oh wow, there were some iconic films in there" like some previous years

very interested to see Her and Wolf. maybe that'll change my mind about this slate.

Two-time Oscar nominee Jonah Hill.

giphy.gif

Really wanna see Her and Wolf Of Wall Street, though the 3 hour runtime has prevented me so far.

Thought Jeremy Renner was better than Bradley Cooper in American Hustle. Megan Ellison, Larry Ellison's daughter, is in her late 20s and was a producer for two best picture nominees (Americam Hustle and Her).

Inside Llewyn Davis getting shut out of the big categories is the biggest surprise/disappointment for me

I think 12 Years a Slave is going to win Best Picture, but there will be a different Best Director (this rarely happens)

Then again, the Academy is all about #History, so McQueen might indeed get it

Best Actor is a three-way race between Chiwetel, Matthew, and Leo.

I think American Hustle will win BP. O'Russell may get director too after being nominated a couple years and not winning. That seems to be the movie that has the most buzz going for it right now. 12YAS not getting Cinematography and Score nominations signals to me that the Academy isn't wild about it. Could potentially see Adams upsetting Blanchett in Actress. Actor and Supporting Actor are wide open. Anyone could win actor except Bale, think it will ultimately be Leo. Supporting Actor would seem to be Leto's to lose, but after that disastrous, homophobic Golden Globe speech the other night I'm not sure anymore. Could see Hill pulling the upset. I would personally give it to Abdi among those nominees.

Back