• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Oscar Nominations

It's not like Gravity was some Transformers-like special effects driven movie. It used state of the art special effects, yes, but behind all those effects was a movie that was still very much concerned with human issues of fear, death, love, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gravity's SFX is really more about camera work than giant robots. The 13 minute opening continuous shot might be the best scene of all time (for now, anyway). Dismissing it out of hand is silly.

I fell asleep during Avatar in the theater. Fell asleep during it again when I tried to watch at home. Fern Gully, on the other hand, is a great movie.

The only movie I've ever deliberately turned off is Dinner for Shmucks. So terrible.

I fell asleep during Avatar in the theater. Fell asleep during it again when I tried to watch at home. Fern Gully, on the other hand, is a great movie.

The only movie I've ever deliberately turned off is Dinner for Shmucks. So terrible.

Well the title was a warning. It was basically "Watch shitty people for 90 minutes."

Back