• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Other games today

Maryland is awful. We should have no issues with them. I'd bet we win by 2-3 tds.

Are you kidding me? How long have you followed Wake football? A third of a game? We don't beat any div 1 team by 2-3 TDs. We may be up by several TDs at some point, but if so, I guaran ass tee it that we'll let them right back in the game.

FWIW Danny O'Brien might be out with an elbow injury. CJ Brown isn't much of a passer but he's the sneakiest fastest white QB.

Of the 1 loss teams Oregon impresses me quite a bit more than Alabama does.

Do you think the Oregon first game loss to LSU will cause championship level teams to not schedule hard non-conference games? Really wish Oregon hadn't turned the ball over as much as they did that game. Really uncharacteristic, and I think that game would be closer now.

Are you kidding me? How long have you followed Wake football? A third of a game? We don't beat any div 1 team by 2-3 TDs. We may be up by several TDs at some point, but if so, I guaran ass tee it that we'll let them right back in the game.

Maryland packed it in after Clemson came back on them. They lost to BC by 11, FSU killed them, UVA killed them, and ND is killing them after that comeback. They are done. Rumors are many want out with Edsall as coach. O'Brien has seriously regressed this year. We should be able to run on them with BC rb running for 243, UVA rb running for 150, and ND rb running for 130+ already. MD's best d player is out for year, after stupidly being moved to LB from S. MD is not good. I know we don't blow teams out, but MD is horrible, almost a FCS level team.

Do you think the Oregon first game loss to LSU will cause championship level teams to not schedule hard non-conference games? Really wish Oregon hadn't turned the ball over as much as they did that game. Really uncharacteristic, and I think that game would be closer now.

I think Oregon in particular should not do it because their offense is based so much on timing and reps, and opening against a monster defense is not the best way to groove the offense.

On the other hand, losing early gives you plenty of time to get back in it. Oregon will likely be 4th in the BCS tomorrow if they hold on to win this game.

I think Oregon in particular should not do it because their offense is based so much on timing and reps, and opening against a monster defense is not the best way to groove the offense.

On the other hand, losing early gives you plenty of time to get back in it. Oregon will likely be 4th in the BCS tomorrow if they hold on to win this game.

Yeah, I've always felt the first week should be against an easy opponent. Almost a preseason game. Never understood why pro football gets a preseason, and college doesn't when pro is there all the time.

BTW for all those who complained about Harris waving off a sub, James just did it there.

Fresno State @ New Mexico State on Fox Sports Arizona (I have Taveon Rogers and Kenny Turner on my fantasy team)

This turned into a great game.

Fresno State: 45
New Nexico State: 48
1:13 left in the game.

Happy for New Mexico State to get the win. That gives them four wins for the year and the number of years they've had four or more wins are few and far between.

Also, New Mexico broke their 12 game losing streak with a 21-14 win over UNLV. Rare occurrence when New Mexico and N.M. State win on the same Saturday.

Last edited:
WVU gets another kick blocked and then CANNOT FUCKING TACKLE.

Jesus Christ. You could put 10 in the box against UC and they're still gonna run, and they still get run through.

Fucking free safety hits the linebacker rather than the QB. Worst fucking defense I have ever seen at WVU. Completely worthless. OLine isn't worth a shit either.

Basically everyone thinks WVU is loaded with talent, but really have about 4 skill people, Bruce Irvin and everyone else is young or sucks, or both. Stewart didn't recruit worth a shit.

EDIT: Can't punt either, apparently. Unbelievable. It'll be a miracle if they win this at this rate.

To the dumb fuck that wrote this:

Other games today 11-13-2011 02:22 AM Isn't this the same shit you were dogging wake fans for earlier? You are a grade A idiot. Please go tend to your 7-11 bathroom

No, it isn't even close.

I never gave up on the team. I never declared the game over and a foregone conclusion. I said the way they were playing was poor and if it continued, would get them beat barring some miraculous event.

What I said about the O Line being poor and the defense being poor and the talent pool being shallow is fact. IIRC, I think WVU is down something like 15 scholarships right now because Stewart only brought 16-17 per class and a lot of them didn't make it just like happens in classes of 24-25. Stewart's recruiting classes on paper weren't terrible, but what you don't see is most of those players either didn't even make it to campus or didn't stick around, got homesick, were busts, etc. and Stewart didn't recruit enough players to make up the difference or provide depth. Holgorsen is trying to get people enrolled early enough that they count in *last* class for NCAA max reasons, so he can bring in more people to start to try to make up this deficit. WVU's special teams is terrible and IMO a lot of is attributable to this lack of depth resulting systematically from Stewart's recruiting um...philosophy?

Basically, the only Big 12 caliber players that Stewart appears to have recruited are Smith, Austin, Bailey, McCartney and Irvin. 3 of those are from the same high school, coached by a WVU grad. This season would have been a disaster if Stewart was still coaching. Bowl eligibility would be questionable. That'll never be provable because Holgorsen has kept things going pretty well, even if there have been some setbacks.

The defense is terrible. Pat Miller does not belong in Division I, I don't know why teams don't just throw to his side every down. LSU all but did and we see how that worked. The linebackers are young and cannot cover. The safeties don't tackle. Irvin is out of position as a down lineman on a 3 man front.

And it would have been a miracle if WVU had won if they kept sputtering on offense and being spectators on defense. Basically, Holgorsen decided if he was going to go down, it would be with his best and tried as many ways as he could to get Tavon Austin the ball, including lining him up as a running back in the diamond.

A blocked field goal to prevent overtime may or may not be a miracle, but it's a pretty unlikely play.

Understand now?

Back