• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our Next BB Coach or #MannUp + other coach talk

Is it wrong that I want Calipari to leave so that Shaka goes to Kentucky and a certain member of this board just totally goes apeshit?

Is it wrong that I want Calipari to leave so that Shaka goes to Kentucky and a certain member of this board just totally goes apeshit?

#BBN is not comfortable unless their HC is an Italian from the Northeast who has negotiable morals.

There are a bunch of reasons why Howland really wouldn't make sense at Cal. Not sure why that's a surprise.

There were those who didn't think much of Monte Ross at U of Delaware. He won the Bighouse Gaines award for coaching excellence this year. Puts him in company with Shaka and Amaker who won it in previous years. So a bunch of people thought he did a pretty good job this year.

Looks like Wake isn't the only school that questions whether Russell Turner is ready for prime time. Personally, I thought he would have been as good a pick as Manning. He has more coaching experience but not the name recognition. If Turner continues to do well over the next couple of years, I expect NCSU to consider him when it tires of Gottfried.

Looks like Wake isn't the only school that questions whether Russell Turner is ready for prime time. Personally, I thought he would have been as good a pick as Manning. He has more coaching experience but not the name recognition. If Turner continues to do well over the next couple of years, I expect NCSU to consider him when it tires of Gottfried.

Or Archie

Even a lot of State fans think Gott is a scandal waiting to happen and it's only a matter of time.

Even a lot of State fans think Gott is a scandal waiting to happen and it's only a matter of time.

Lollers. Did State fans just recently arrive at this conclusion, now that their three Burger Boys are all gone after two years? As if it weren't immediately obvious to the rest of the world?

Martin to Cal.

I live in Memphis. They were discussing the breaking Martin to Cal news when I was getting lunch. The sports radio host said (and this is a direct quote): "Mike Montgomery just retired. It's not like he was forced out and left behind a dumpster fire like a Wake Forest."

Early speculation here is that Tennessee will start with trying to throw a ton of money at Marshall or Shaka.

That should be the starting point for every coaching search.

Serious question...is Cal a step up from UT?

Serious question...is Cal a step up from UT?

It is when you were hated by most of the UT fanbase from the beginning, through no fault of your own other than following Pearl. He was probably going to get fired if not for their tournament run. Better to go somewhere you are actually wanted.

Is Berkeley a step up from Knoxville?

Back