• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our Next BB Coach or #MannUp + other coach talk

I had no idea Cline was such a seasoned assistant.

It looks like Howland is the lead candidate at Oregon State. Parrish reports that they'll probably hire a coach on the 14th.

Should they hire Howland, I wouldn't be surprised to see Oregon State become a contender in the Pac-12 in a few years.

It looks like Howland is the lead candidate at Oregon State. Parrish reports that they'll probably hire a coach on the 14th.

Should they hire Howland, I wouldn't be surprised to see Oregon State become a contender in the Pac-12 in a few years.

Or not.

(Still not giving up my "Howland will suck" position).

Or not.

(Still not giving up my "Howland will suck" position).

I'd be surprised if the Howland bandwagon is still strong after seeing school after school turn him down, often in favor of total donk candidates like Donnie Tyndall.

Until now, I thought Duhon was still in the NBA.

I hope Battle gets hired by Marshall.

Marshall staff is complete. Battle passed over. Wonder if he has a legit chance to land anywhere this off season?

Oregon State hired Wayne Tinkle from Montana.

With his name, he'd better win.

shocking that posters on this board overvalued battle. it has been about two months and he still doesnt have a job

How many job openings has Howland missed on?

Has anyone from [previous coach}] staff, other than Childress, landed a job? He is worse than Typhoid Mary....

Has to be more to the story with Howland. I wonder whether he truly wants to coach again.

He's applied for almost every high D1 job that has been open this year. Obviously he wants to coach again.

Does that seem oddly long to anyone?

Yes. The news started me thinking about whether Oliver Purnell was a viable candidate for Wake. I discount his troubles at DePaul and think he did as well as could be expected at Clempson. Certain posters here would have suffered a meltdown, but they would have for anyone other than Shaka. maybe he is just a younger version of Al Skinner- a good coach who just lost the drive (sort of the way some see Jim Grobe).

Yes. The news started me thinking about whether Oliver Purnell was a viable candidate for Wake. I discount his troubles at DePaul and think he did as well as could be expected at Clempson. Certain posters here would have suffered a meltdown, but they would have for anyone other than Shaka. maybe he is just a younger version of Al Skinner- a good coach who just lost the drive (sort of the way some see Jim Grobe).

Except that Skinner and Purnell are the same age and Purnell has been a head coach longer.

Except that Skinner and Purnell are the same age and Purnell has been a head coach longer.

I stand corrected. For some reason I perceived Purnell as being younger. Might be because I remember him from the start of his career at Radford. I went back to an old ACC Handbook. Through the start of that upcoming season (I think it was 2009-2010) Purnell and Skinner had coached and won almost the same number of games (IIRC, the difference was two). Skinner had more NCAAT appearances. Both of them were favorites of mine when they were in the ACC.

Maybe Rusty can reinvent himself. He has the experience now to build something at the HS level and potentially college level. And should he find the next Danny Manning and develop him and send him Wake's way... more the better. I hope he gets the job if it's what he wants.

Maybe Rusty can reinvent himself. He has the experience now to build something at the HS level and potentially college level. And should he find the next Danny Manning and develop him and send him Wake's way... more the better. I hope he gets the job if it's what he wants.

Doesn't Page have a good guard prospect? Maybe he'll help with his recruitment to Wake.

Back