• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our Super Bowl - KP Report on the BC Eagles - Saturday 4 pm - RSN

Pilchard

Reaction score
The world has been waiting all season for this matchup: it's finally here. Battle for the ACC Cellar. Here is the breakdown of the BC Eagles:

Record/Rating: BC is 10-7 (1-4 ACC) #109 KP. They have two top 100 wins: #32 FSU last Sunday and #63 Minnesota in the ACC/Big 10 challenge. BC has a couple of awful losses: #189 IUPUI and #191 Hartford (WF's loss to #271 HBU was much worse). BC is 1-3 on the road this year. Their lone road win was by 3 at #110 DePaul. The Eagles lost 5 straight before beating FSU last weekend.

Offense: BC's O is #91 in the nation and #10 in the ACC. To the extent that BC has a strength, it is on offense. They don't commit a ton of turnovers (#75), and like WF, the Eagles get to the line a lot: #20 in the nation in FTA/FGA and 23% of the offense comes from FTs. Otherwise, their offense is pretty mediocre: BC has not shot the ball well this year (32% from 3 - #265; 51% effective FG% - #191), but their shooting has improved in conference games 35% from and 74% from the FT line in ACC games. The improved shooting is partially attributable to the return to form of Jordan Chatman, who missed a couple of weeks in December with an injury, but has been on fire in his last two games (11 for 18 from 3 against FSU and L'ville). This is the first team WF has played in a while where the opponent does not have an interior player that will exploit WF soft interior defense.

Defense: Poor. BC's D is #131 overall and #13 in ACC games (WF is DFL in the ACC in defense in conference games). The Eagles play man and zone and does not force many turnovers on D (#313) in TOs. Like WF, BC has been particularly weak in defending the paint in ACC games allowing 54% shooting on 2s and allowing offensive rebounds on 33% of missed opponents shots. Teams that work for a good shot against BC's D typically get one.

Lineup: BC is not deep (#300 in bench minutes) and not particularly experienced (#285). Against FSU, they started: PG 6-1 Jr. Ky Bowman, SG 6-2 Fr. Wynston Tabbs, SF 6-5 Sr. Jordan Chatman, PF 6-8 So. Steffon Mitchell, C 6-11 Jr. Nik Popovic. No bench player played more than 10 minutes. Son of a former BC legend, Chris Herren Jr. has been erratic. Bowman and Chatman are BC's primary scorers, and as stated above, Chatman has been particularly hot lately. Bowman, from NC, is coming off a 37 point game against FSU.

Bottom line: KP projects: BC 74 WF 73. This game looks to be close and high-scoring as both teams struggle on the defensive end. To the extent WF has a defensive gameplan, would think it would be to limit the scoring chances for Bowman and Chatman and make the rest of BC's team beat you. Would also think Hoard will have the most scoring opportunities that he has had in awhile. If I had to pick a side, recommend the over. The game likely will be close, and Bowman is dangerous in an end of game scenario. Thinking a late BC win is most likely, but either team is about equally likely to make the critical game-losing mistake.

Last edited:
I think KP is right on this one. Bowman scores with 10 seconds left to put BC up by one. Danny calls timeout. He stands around for twenty seconds and then tells Brandon to make a play. The offense stagnates and Brandon ends up chucking a 30 footer as time expires.

Next time we face BC at home Nate Oats will be leading the Eagles. Last chance to get a W for a while.

I think KP is right on this one. Bowman scores with 10 seconds left to put BC up by one. Danny calls timeout. He stands around for twenty seconds and then tells Brandon to make a play. The offense stagnates and Brandon ends up chucking a 30 footer as time expires.

[insert hand-writing emoji]

It's our go to play.

There is a good chance that I am irrational, but I expect us to win this game and look pretty good doing it.

It is every game afterwards that I have concerns about.

They have a guy named Reyes who has played 15 games (started 5) with a 2.1 score average and .7 rebounds per game.
I'm predicting he gets 24 pts and 6 rebounds.
Sorry, my pessimism is kicking in.

Next time we face BC at home Nate Oats will be leading the Eagles. Last chance to get a W for a while.

I predict a smashing win by BC, keeping them out of the cellar, allowing them to keep their coach one more year.

Wake loses the game but takes the lead in the Oats sweepstakes.

Al Skinner is going to have his Eagles ready to play. This may be their last chance for a win in the gauntlet that is the Big East.

Who am I kidding, I've stopped caring a long time ago.

It’s funny how we both fired terrible coaches 5 years ago and then both hired other terrible coaches. And now here we are again.

Was looking back at Al Skinner... That dude had a nice little run at BC.

Big game. A loss here would be excellent. Unfortunately, think we get the win.

This will be a victory, but could very well be the last win Manning ever gets.

I should quit while I’m ahead but I’ll say Wake wins 81-76.

This will be a victory, but could very well be the last win Manning ever gets.

Hadn’t considered that but it is true.

For many athletes the Super Bowl is their last win. True to his legend status!

I should quit while I’m ahead but I’ll say Wake wins 81-76.

This is what I'm thinking. The one okay thing about watching Wake play this season is that I truly in my gut don't care if they win or lose. Discovered that watching the State game as State came back. I normally would have been beside myself but I wasnt at all.

So go Wake ... sort of. I wish them all enough cohesion to stay at Wake after the coaching change.

This has become our Super Bowl. Could warming up the basketballs help us?

Deflated basketballs would be interesting. Could be a great advantage if we practice that way. Better than just staying in front of your man and paint touches.

Back