• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our Super Bowl - KP Report on the BC Eagles - Saturday 4 pm - RSN

Down to 167 in KP.

Teams right above us: Mercer, NJIT (who the hell is that?), Rider, Abilene Christian, Marshall, Stony Brook.

Damn. Just damn.

We’re behind at least three schools that weren’t even D1 when Ron hired [Redacted].

Torry Johnson was out? I didn’t even know and didn’t think about it during the game.

BC is not great, but...we have a top 75 recruit (Hamilton) who is underperforming perhaps because our coaching sucks too as well as Gatorade Player of the Year in Washington (Chatman), a likely second round draft pick, at least, in Bowman, and a rising player in Popovic.

No offense meant, but come on.

Bowman is good. Chatman is 25. Popovic is fine. Hamilton will probably be a decent college player.

However, it’s not a collection of talent that Wake should lose to at home. Even this Wake team.

Only the second ACC road win for BC in the last four seasons.

There had better be a very aggressive, all-out effort by Wake to fix this mess at the end of the season.

No offense meant, but come on.

Bowman is good. Chatman is 25. Popovic is fine. Hamilton will probably be a decent college player.

However, it’s not a collection of talent that Wake should lose to at home. Even this Wake team.

why not?

I believe half of that list are either community colleges, night schools or perhaps both. And, almost certain NJIT is New Jersey Institute of Technology. So there's that.

Woof. New Jersey Institute of Technology has a better basketball program than Wake.

Amazing that there are still Wellman defenders on this board.

Two main reasons I can think of:
1- BC almost never wins on the road in the ACC.
2- Wake Forest, as bad as we’ve been in recent years, still plays pretty well at home in the ACC.

But I get that we’re past the point where any loss is the least bit surprising.

I think Manning’s coaching acumen May be inversely proportional to his playing ability and it’s fair to say he was the best player in the country at one point.

Woof. New Jersey Institute of Technology has a better basketball program than Wake.

Amazing that there are still Wellman defenders on this board.

The same NJIT that was 0-51 from 2007-2009.

Sarr dropping off Bowman with 3 seconds on the shot clock after he and Chaundee had him in a perfect double team is basically this team in a nutshell. Sure, we have some holes talent-wise and our depth is questionable at best, but even when we play well enough to win, someone will find a way to wrestle failure from victory while our coaches watch in bitter disbelief. Another nail in the coffin as a silver lining.

I agree that Saar should have trapped Bowman, but my guess is that Saar dropped off to go for the rebound as it looked like Bowman was dead in the water. If he stays out on Bowman and someone on BC rebounds the missed 3 and lays it in we will wonder where our interior D was... Of course, I was wondering that same thing throughout the game.

We never should have been in that spot. We let BC jump out early and are constantly playing from behind which puts us in a much bigger hole mentally and physically. We are the better team and needed better looks/shots with the lead late in the game. Costly TO's and shot selection hurt down the stretch. BC was playing 3 on 5 it seemed and they were still hanging with us - unacceptable.

We got totally outplayed in the last 5 minutes and had a game we were in control slip away.

Otherwise known as a Manning.

One of the biggest things that troubles me, besides Manning and the way we play, is the complete lack emotion and energy of our fanbase. To me, this is the saddest aspect of hiring two low energy (reserved) and deficient coaches. Going from the Skip ,and even the Dino era, the Joel was at least loud. To expect huge crowds for this dumpster fire is counterintuitive, but if the place was rocking yesterday we win easy.

One of the biggest things that troubles me, besides Manning and the way we play, is the complete lack emotion and energy of our fanbase. To me, this is the saddest aspect of hiring two low energy (reserved) and deficient coaches. Going from the Skip ,and even the Dino era, the Joel was at least loud. To expect huge crowds for this dumpster fire is counterintuitive, but if the place was rocking yesterday we win easy.

The fan base has been completely beat down by the continuous losses and the continuous gagging away of leads in the late game.

This is all on Wellman for making bad choices but most importantly not fixing the problem once it was glaring. Wellman killed Wake basketball. That would have been pretty hard to do if he had set out with that goal. It's hard to conclude that he just bumbled his way into that.

we still post about wake but i think a lot of us are apathetic now (and have been for quite some time). We clearly still care but are now numb to the debacle.
hell i must be the dumbest of all. i didn't even go to wake, at least most of you did.

I'm not blaming our base. I'm saying that the leadership at Wake has allowed this travesty to continue where a once proud program is now mired in a lost decade of relevance. I have season tickets and it is a chore to even go to the games and beg my kids to go just to watch us lose. My boys grew up w/the tiedye nation and wanted to go to Wake, but now want to attend a school that has some excitement and enthusiasm at their games. I will still attend because I love Wake and I like the guys that wear our jereseys, but I want a change.

I wanted so badly to hope that Manning could give us the cred and the recruits to revive this program, but it is abundantly clear that he cannot do the job. Give the rest of the season to Chill or Nestor and just see where we go from there.

The fan base has been completely beat down by the continuous losses and the continuous gagging away of leads in the late game.

This is all on Wellman for making bad choices but most importantly not fixing the problem once it was glaring. Wellman killed Wake basketball. That would have been pretty hard to do if he had set out with that goal. It's hard to conclude that he just bumbled his way into that.

I was offered free tickets and declined. Didn't want to spend 2.5 hours on Saturday afternoon watching that lifeless product.

Back