• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our two tall white guys frustrate me

Nikita = a poor man's Hedo Turkoglu (when he was contributing), which is a good thing for this team

Nikita = a poor man's Hedo Turkoglu (when he was contributing), which is a good thing for this team

Nikita is a poor man's Nikita. He's his own doppelganger of awful. I'd rather play five Shoemakers at once than one Nikita.

NBA players don't need to be disrespected by being compared in any capacity to Nikita.

I'm sorry to be mean, but until we see an end to those running clusterf**k hook shots, flat threes, and turnovers...

He's one of the only guys who gets physical with people and gets down low on offense to space the floor

I agree that Nikita could be a decent player if he played within himself. But I wish there was a lowlight reel of every single WTF NIKIITA play.... he has at least one a game. Behind the back pass to no one imparticular... spin move into three defenders, running into dribbling teamates, etc. It would be hilarious, even if slightly depressing at the same time. I will never forget his amazing execution of a 2 on 1 fast break last year. You know what I'm talking about, it was that bad.

I agree that Nikita could be a decent player if he played within himself. But I wish there was a lowlight reel of every single WTF NIKIITA play.... he has at least one a game. Behind the back pass to no one imparticular... spin move into three defenders, running into dribbling teamates, etc. It would be hilarious, even if slightly depressing at the same time. I will never forget his amazing execution of a 2 on 1 fast break last year. You know what I'm talking about, it was that bad.

Agreed. It's not even laughable at this point. In a season that could be as bad as this season could be, that's bad.

Nikita is a poor man's Nikita. He's his own doppelganger of awful. I'd rather play five Shoemakers at once than one Nikita.

Not going to add anything here but just wanted to point out how awesome this was. Since my first WF game included Josh I really love this quote. Josh and his pumpfakes were the best!

He has the skill-set of Hedo is more what I meant

and F Yo Couch, you are 100% right. Dude tries way too hard to do too many things that he just can't do

He has the skill-set of Hedo is more what I meant

In what world exactly does Nikita have the skill-set of Hedo? Certainly not in this one where, you know, Hedo is one of the best players in the world and Nikita can't make a layup against NC Central.

Hedo is hardly one of the best in the world...but say Nikita 3's start falling and he gets more confident/better in doing what he can actually do (not what he thinks he can do)...tell me that wouldn't look just a little bit like Hedo

Nikita has the skillset, he's just awkward as hell. That attempted spin move last night where he just bounced the ball off himself was so terrible.

Nikita has the skillset, he's just awkward as hell. That attempted spin move last night where he just bounced the ball off himself was so terrible.

In that estimation, don't most players have "the skillset," and I'm asking that with no offense intended.

So, he can begin-to-do-a lot and can actually do nothing.

What good is that from a skillset perspective...

Hedo is hardly one of the best in the world...but say Nikita 3's start falling and he gets more confident/better in doing what he can actually do (not what he thinks he can do)...tell me that wouldn't look just a little bit like Hedo

Still don't think so.

And, Hedo plays in the NBA. He's one of the best in the world.

Exactly. Even now, he's slightly less horrible than he appears, because he does do some things well that don't get noticed -- on offense, he actually is in the right position most of the time. And he's pretty good on defense. He's the only guy on the team who actually bumps cutters.

Jesus fuckin' Christ....

Nikita is fucking terrible at basketball. Just stop already.

With that user name and logo, I would have expected a more perceptive analysis. Hedo was an outstanding shooter for one thing. Go Blazers.

Last edited:
Fine. What I SHOULD have said was that Nikita COULD be a poor mans Hedo, if he played within himself and his threes started falling. Right now, Nikita is borderline trash but I see potential in him

Last edited:
That's not something you should be saying about a senior.

Back