• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Outkicked My/His/Your Coverage"

Eliminate that dum ass expression?

• Yes

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 55.1%
  • doofus/numbers

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
word

do you guys seriously sit around in bars and bitch about idioms? lamest hangout evers.

it's not about league; it's about gently ribbing friends by saying your wife is attractive while you are not.

it's only a stupid concept if you sit around and analyze it beyond "it's a small-talk joke that let's a person compliment a guy while still mocking him"

the fact that it gets mentioned about every wife posted on here makes it stupid.

This. It's definitely gotten to the point where if somebody doesn't say that about your wife/significant other, she probably looks like a hag.

Though I love when Moon will occasionally tell a poster he must be hung like an elephant.

Pretty sure this phrase was official retired from the boards when Plack himself posted a picture of his extremely attractive wife.

Not exactly the direction phan was going. More like...

If you can get the girl, she's not out of your league. If she was out of your league, you wouldn't be with her.

Nah. To extend the baseball analogy, every season there are Triple-A players who get called up to the majors. That doesn't mean they're MLB talents. It just means that some teams needed players who were below their league for a period of time.

Your statement also makes the assumption that women know their true value. This is not true overall, particularly for women with low self-esteem.

Nah. To extend the baseball analogy, every season there are Triple-A players who get called up to the majors. That doesn't mean they're MLB talents. It just means that some teams needed players who were below their league for a period of time.

Your statement also makes the assumption that women know their true value. This is not true overall, particularly for women with low self-esteem.

Low self esteem in women is why nonny ever gets laid (well, that and alcohol).

Not exactly the direction phan was going. More like...

If you can get the girl, she's not out of your league. If she was out of your league, you wouldn't be with her.

That's why "out of your league" doesn't work as well, IMO.

I think it's a funny expression. Most guys take it as a compliment. Most guys that say it intend it as a compliment (a less offensive way of saying "I'd hit that" about someone's wife/girl)

I don't get the hate unless you are hearing it daily.

Last edited:

Florida Marlins often have players who are Triple-A talent, but are in the majors even though they maybe shouldn't be. Most eventually get sent down but occasionally a rare individual somehow manages to stay in the majors. The ones that got sent down are obviously the guys that dated the girl you claim is "out of his league" but it didn't work out. For the rare individual that somehow continues to hang around the majors, that's the one that somehow marries the girl.

Either way, for a short period of time or in the rare case a long period, those two people were in the same league.

And no, girls rarely if ever know their true value. Often they put themselves on a pedestal, and even more often they doubt themselves or only see flaws and undervalue themselves.

End of the day, even if a player only deserves to be in AA or AA is playing in the majors, and he for just one day hits that home run, that girl is still in his league. That career minor leaguer that never makes it to the big leagues, never gets the dime, well then that girl may truly be out of his league.

I know it's only been 10 minutes, but how has someone not made an Ish Smith ACC-caliber talent joke yet?

id much rather be married to an attractive, cool woman than an insanely hot, crazy, insecure woman. if i posted the latter picture, id get the dumb comment. thats why it's a dumb concept. how often do any of you see a guy and woman togetehr and say "wow, that chick does NOT deserve that dude. he's hot stuff."

id much rather be married to an attractive, cool woman than an insanely hot, crazy, insecure woman. if i posted the latter picture, id get the dumb comment. thats why it's a dumb concept. how often do any of you see a guy and woman togetehr and say "wow, that chick does NOT deserve that dude. he's hot stuff."

Depends if you are asking DHD or someone else.

I actually know of a couple of examples of a girl outkicking her coverage, but it's possible that she looked a lot better when they got married.

If you get married in your 20s, there's like a 90% chance taht will probably be the case by your 40s. Women age dreadfully. Not to mention that 90% of what a man looks for in a woman doesn't age well (looks), and 90% of what a woman looks for gets better with age (everything else).

If you get married in your 20s, there's like a 90% chance taht will probably be the case by your 40s. Women age dreadfully. Not to mention that 90% of what a man looks for in a woman doesn't age well (looks), and 90% of what a woman looks for gets better with age (everything else).

I don't know about that. I was at homecoming this past weekend and there were some Fideles back for their reunion who I didn't really notice before who were smokin. (with apologies to my fraternity brothers, and anyone else I may have possibly just offended or complimented)

On the other hand, some of them were pretty busted.

(with apologies to my fraternity brothers, and anyone else I may have possibly just offended or complimented)

I don't know about that. I was at homecoming this past weekend and there were some Fideles back for their reunion who I didn't really notice before who were smokin. (with apologies to Butterworth, my fraternity brothers, and anyone else I may have possibly just offended or complimented)

Well, you're an old dude. I probably wouldn't think that. I bet you saw some twenty-somethings you thought were even hotter. Whatever, though, this argument is almost as dumb as saying "those guys outkicked their coverage."

Did you go to the house at all? Sternberg's kid is a DKE now. That change your mind on the Rays?

I don't know about that. I was at homecoming this past weekend and there were some Fideles back for their reunion who I didn't really notice before who were smokin. (with apologies to my fraternity brothers, and anyone else I may have possibly just offended or complimented)

Hai, Petter. Remember me?

No, I missed the meeting because I had to go pick up the kids at their great grandparents' house. Spent pretty much all weekend with Rick though, so I'm well informed.

Back