• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ozempic/Semaglutide Medication Thread

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
I started this thread for people to talk about Ozempic and your experience with it if you take it or you know someone that does.

Ozempic is an anti-diabetic medication that helps control blood sugar levels, but it is also being prescribed as a miracle weight loss/ appetite suppressant medication. I know probably a half dozen people who have already been prescribed it, and none of them are diabetic, but they all report significant weight loss after a few weeks. I was just prescribed it a few days ago for Diabetes Type-2, and I took it for the first time this evening.

Good luck, mdmh. Looking forward to hearing updates.

I started on Ozempic about a year ago, but changed to Wegovy for DM2. The first 5 days or so are rough while adjusting, but it gets better. I've lost 10lbs already, but I mostly noticed the "full" feeling has led to a reduction in the volume of food I choose to eat. In the immortal words of Biff, "eat less, pants fit, fatty".

I, too, know friends who have been prescribed it for purely cosmetic purposes. Many gained the weight back after stopping. The recent stink has made it a bitch to get refilled, requiring a MD justification, often resulting in delays and gaps in usage.

Fascinating.

The drugs mimic a hormone called glucagon-like peptide-1, which stimulates insulin production and suppresses the production of glucagon, which raises blood sugar. The body naturally releases GLP-1 after a meal, and the hormone travels to the brain, triggering the feeling of fullness. GLP-1 drugs effectively inject that sense of satiety, and also slow the rate at which food empties out of the stomach; patients generally report a freedom from cravings and an inability to overeat without becoming ill. “I’m convinced that this basically replaced a signal my body has been missing my whole life,” a commenter in a Reddit group for people using semaglutide wrote recently. “All I can say,” a member of an online group called Lose the Fat wrote, “is that it is no wonder that skinny people think heavy people have no willpower. Their brains actually do tell them to stop eating. I had no idea.”
It is possible to imagine a different universe in which the discovery of semaglutide was an unalloyed good—a powerful tool to untangle the knot of genetic tendencies, environmental forces, and behaviors that conspire to make more and more Americans gain weight. We might recognize metabolism and appetite as biological facts rather than as moral choices; rising rates of Type 2 diabetes and obesity around the globe could be reversed. In the actual universe that we inhabit, the people who most need semaglutide often struggle to get it, and its arrival seems to have prompted less a public consideration of what it means to be fat than a renewed fixation on being thin.
When Corona started on Wegovy, the side effects were awful—fatigue, nausea, months of severe insomnia. She joined a Facebook support group, where members counselled her that foods that were processed, fried, or high in carbohydrates or sugar tended to make people on GLP-1 medications feel sick. Corona told me, “If I tried to eat a whole burrito bowl at Chipotle, I would feel so physically ill I would have to call off work.” She could no longer handle alcohol, and had little desire to drink it, another common side effect. “One day we went out to a brewery and I had three beers in four hours, and I was throwing up afterward, as drunk as if I’d had a whole keg,” she said. “I decided to never have beer again.” (Anecdotally, doctors and patients have reported that these medications can decrease a range of dopamine-seeking behaviors, including online shopping.) She started hiking and running, which she hadn’t been able to do when she was heavier; she went to the gym every day, first thing in the morning. At the time we spoke, she had been taking Wegovy for a year, and had lost fifty pounds. She told me she felt like an entirely different person, energized and strong.

“Let’s be honest,” she said. “I was not healthy at over two hundred and twenty pounds, being five-four.” She needed something to get her back to a state of equilibrium, and semaglutide appears to have done it. “If we get past this as a celebrity-weight-loss headline story, and we see this for what it really is, it’s revolutionary,” she said. “In the future it might be like taking vitamins. Everyone’s going to be on it.”

I've been on Wegovy for 7 weeks now. Same stuff as Ozempic but dosed differently than what is prescribed for diabetics.

I usually have a rough 10-12 hours after the weekly shot...upset stomach and headache mainly....so I try to take my shot late in the evening and sleep it off.

I'm down 18 lbs since starting it and it's gotten me to a point where I'm way more comfortable working out and got back into Orange Theory recently.

All the GLP-1s are wonderful meds for diabetics. Taking someone off of a multi day regimen of insulin and having a weekly dose is life altering.

Most of the drugs in this class also reduce cardiovascular events for diabetics. That’s a big deal.

They are expensive {500-600 a
Month) but when you factor in their long term effects it’s a no brained.

The weight loss only use is a bit scary.

Last edited:
All the GLP-1s are wonderful meds for diabetics. Taking someone off of a multi day regimen of insulin and having a weekly dose is life altering.

Most of the drugs in this class also reduce cardiovascular events for diabetics. That’s a big deal.

They are expensive {500-600 a
Month) but when you factor in their long term effects it’s a no broader.

The weight loss only use is a bit scary.

I got lucky that my insurance covered it with a small copay.

My cardiologist was enthusiastic in his approval when I asked him about it.

Waste go out

Food don’t go in

wait did you take a fuck ton of delta 8 the day after starting Ozempic
I didn’t consume enough mct oil in half a gummy to give myself the shits, plus my doctor already warned me this would happen from a combo of Ozempic and metformin. It’s supposed to calm down in a few days

I didn’t consume enough mct oil in half a gummy to give myself the shits, plus my doctor already warned me this would happen from a combo of Ozempic and metformin. It’s supposed to calm down in a few days
I couldn't handle metformin, even the extended release. Massive squirts, which wasn't good considering I have a history of GI bleeds.

My endo stopped the metformin and put me on the Ozempic.

I tried taking MCT oil when I was doing some lactate threshold training and even the smallest dose of it absolutely flushed out my pipes. Obvi this is something different though since there's no way there can be that much in a gummy.

Appetite suppressant kicked in much faster and stronger than I expected. Had a small cup of rice for lunch, and then about a 1/4 of a burrito bowl for dinner.

Still shittin, think this is my 6th trip to the bathroom since 8

Back