• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ozempic/Semaglutide Medication Thread

My prescription was denied by insurance. Started meeting with Novant CoreLife last week and those docs said they could resubmit after a couple months.

My buddy wants to buy this shit in Mexico to save on cost, so I told him I'd ride down there with him and go party for the weekend.

Vibes.

I am on the 1MG Wegovy dosage and have had very little change in weight or side effects. I am starting to eat a little less but still get snacky at night. I would kill for the 20lbs lost and headaches my work colleague has gotten on the .25 dosage.

My weight loss plateaued on Wegovy, so my MD recently changed me to Mounjaro. Went from the highest dose of Wegovy to the lowest of Mounjaro, and I like it better already. Less issues with my GI tract, and I've noticed it definitely decreases my appetite better than Wegovy.

CoreLife docs have me on Topiramate for now. Down about 20 lbs in 5.5 weeks.

There is an article today in the WSJ (the real one) about how the European Medicines Agency is conducting a review of Ozempic (and a related GLP-1 drug, Saxenda) for a link to suicidal ideations. The article says the reports are limited—just 3 people in Iceland—but the review is occurring regardless. Novo Nordisk is denying the link based on its clinical trials.

Prescribing information already contains a suicidal ideations warning for Wegovy.

Worth noting for those of you taking it.

Over 4lbs seems pretty rapid. Is that concerning at all?

Water weight is always pretty shocking when it comes off.

I dropped almost 20lbs in a week in a hospital last year as they pushed water weight off of me.

Man, my turds turn into gravel when I get dehydrated.

Did people gain it back after stopping or is this still going?

Did people gain it back after stopping or is this still going?
The reports are that almost everyone who stops the medication gains the weight back - but that’s true for any appetite suppressant

So are people supposed to take this in perpetuity? Is everyone else still going strong?

I don't think it is meant to be taken for life but I'm still not on it. I'm meeting with a dietitian and nurse through Novant CoreLife about once a month now (was every 2 weeks the first couple of months). It is possible my insurance will approve Ozempic for me early next year, but I'm making really good progress on Topamax and following the CoreLife plan. Down ~ 35 lbs since June 5th.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be on anything in perpetuity. I've committed to a healthier eating lifestyle (at the moment) and the Topamax has helped with cravings and suppressing my appetite. Once I reach my goal, I plan to come off of the medicine and possibly sooner.

My weight loss plateaued on Wegovy, so my MD recently changed me to Mounjaro. Went from the highest dose of Wegovy to the lowest of Mounjaro, and I like it better already. Less issues with my GI tract, and I've noticed it definitely decreases my appetite better than Wegovy.
I’m thinking of doing the same. Waiting for the mounjaro weight loss approval so my insurance will cover it. Dropped about 40 on Govy and holding strong but the GI ups and downs are a bit tiring. Switch still going well for you?

Yes, a much bigger fan of the Mounjaro. Based upon what my MD said, Mounjaro has an added medication to help with energy/motivation. I've certainly noticed a difference in my level of activity, which is helping. I'm not losing as much weight now, but it appears I'm losing fat and adding muscle. My formerly tight clothes are now fitting much different and loosely.

Back