• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ozempic/Semaglutide Medication Thread

Is this just your PCP prescribing this? I'm on Meta, through a weight loss clinic, but my PCP wouldn't prescribe anything.

Is this just your PCP prescribing this? I'm on Meta, through a weight loss clinic, but my PCP wouldn't prescribe anything.
Yes. I meet the BMI requirements. Also putting me in touch with Novant CoreLife. Told him I exercise 3 to 4 days a week, try to eat fairly healthy, struggle a lot with willpower to not overeat. He said my ticker sounded good and he could tell I exercised regularly.

I go up to the 1.75 next dose. Hoping the side effects are manageable.

5 weeks on Ozempic and I have lost about 12 pounds, but most importantly my blood sugar is below 140, 88% of the time. Before I started managing my blood sugar, it was normally in the 150s and would spike above 250 after I ate, and the spike would last for a long time. With the Ozempic my blood sugar hovers around 110-120, and only occasionally spikes to 170 or so. In the last week my blood sugar has only been above 180 for 1% of the time.

5 weeks on Ozempic and I have lost about 12 pounds, but most importantly my blood sugar is below 140, 88% of the time. Before I started managing my blood sugar, it was normally in the 150s and would spike above 250 after I ate, and the spike would last for a long time. With the Ozempic my blood sugar hovers around 110-120, and only occasionally spikes to 170 or so. In the last week my blood sugar has only been above 180 for 1% of the time.
Awesome job! I saw very similar results with my glucose levels. It feels great doesn't it?

Hope you NC bros aren’t getting your drugs from a compounding pharmacy.

These names of these drugs sound like cities in Ukraine.

So I should start on 5/21 after my 45th bday festivities on 5/20? I plan to drink all fucking day.

So I should start on 5/21 after my 45th bday festivities on 5/20? I plan to drink all fucking day.
You should definitely start after a drinking binge. Ozempic makes you sick if you overconsume carbs or sugar.

Ozempic absolutely kicked my ass today. I had diarrhea all day, started getting nauseas around 5 and couldn’t eat dinner, by 7 had stomach cramps, spent 8-10 hugging the bowl and had it coming out both ends. The only liquid remaining in my body is blood. Fuck. I think it could be a reaction to having too many carbs in my diet, but damn that feels like an over reaction.

I took mine last Saturday after lapsing for 3 weeks. Would not recommend. I had to take PTO for the first half of Monday I felt so bad.

Hoping when I take it again tomorrow, it'll be an easier response.

Those taking this stuff for purely cosmetic reasons might want to just do keto instead. Looking at the weight loss numbers thrown around on this thread, you'll get the same or better results and not get the shits, though you may poop a brick every now and then. Those taking it to manage diabetes should probably do whatever their doctor says, though.

Back