• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paleo Diet

PirateDeacon

Reaction score
I've been following a pescetarian/paleo diet as of late and I can honestly say that it has been incredible. I have improved energy, I'm hungry less and my acne is almost non-existent which is hard to believe because usually I have a little bit.

I talked about vegetarian and vegan diets a while back and got some good discussion, I'm curious to hear if any of you have followed this diet.

Mainly I've been eating fish, eggs, fruit, and veggies. I ate some bison meat last night which was delicious but I mainly stick to wild salmon.

I used to eat cereal quite frequently and even though I don't think it was damaging me horribly, I noticed that it made me crave more grain type foods later in the day. These cravings have disappeared now that I'm sticking to single ingredient foods (aside from seasoning my eggs and salmon).

Anyways, hope you had a grand thanksgiving. Look forward to being back in Winston in a couple of weeks.

Any good sites? I'm trying to limit carbs and this seems like a good idea.

3od5u8.jpg

Anyone want to talk about how they ran a marathon? Or maybe that their dog is a rescue?

single ingredient meals? really? is that a paleo concept (honest question)?

for the record, i have a good friend on a paleo diet. aside from the fact that she's undergoing major surgery today, and i'm supposed to cook for her (which is damn near impossible to do for somebody on paleo), i DO think it's been helpful from the standpoint that she's FINALLY focusing on fresh foods instead of loads of processed crap. that said, some of the paleo guidelines are just silly. there is absolutely no reason to avoid things like beans and quinoa. the focus on un-processed stuff is great, and i'm glad people are actually paying attention to getting more fresh foods. but sanity check some of the things they say. they don't make any sense.

Paleo bros lived like half as long as we did, were way more succeptible to diseases. They were also really dumb, hairy and ugly. Makes sense.

I know two guys (an MD father and his adult son) on the Paleo. They both have improved their health markedly in the short time they've been on it. Lots of hunting and gathering in the produce section.

It's like the idiotic barefoot running fad. If you're gonna die at 25 it doesn't matter what you do to your feet, if you plan on living longer, maybe shoes?

Paleo bros lived like half as long as we did, were way more succeptible to diseases. They were also really dumb, hairy and ugly. Makes sense.

That had to do with their living conditions, you wouldn't live long in the brutal winters they had to endure either.

The concept is based on cutting out useless sugars, except fruits.

It actually makes a lot of sense.

And Deachoops, I guess what I meant to say was wholesome foods like broccoli, spinach, kale and other basic foods for quick energy as opposed to protein bars and granola bars which have a lot of unnecessary sugars.

I love these tags you all post on these threads, I'd be upset too if I was a miserable yuppie. Go do some pushups wusses.

Last edited:
I love these tags you all post on these threads, I'd be upset too if I was a miserable yuppie. Go do some pushups wusses.

dude, i gave you guidelines when you started posting. pretty sure #1 was 'don't take things personally'.

Back