• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paranormal Activities

This thread was a great way to kill an hour of time... I really want someone to go stay in the house one night (preferably someone who is neutral on ghost beliefs) and report back... This is fascinating..

TSY, do you have any plans to investigate this on your own (stay in the house)? I know you mentioned a ghost hunting crew coming for free... When is that?

MACdeac said:
This thread was a great way to kill an hour of time... I really want someone to go stay in the house one night (preferably someone who is neutral on ghost beliefs) and report back... This is fascinating..

TSY, do you have any plans to investigate this on your own (stay in the house)? I know you mentioned a ghost hunting crew coming for free... When is that?

I will gladly volunteer. I live in Winston. I don't think that my wife would be on board, but I am all about it.

We are still waiting on the former inhabitants to remove all of their belongings before we do anything. I've been in the house a few times, and honestly I have zero interest in going back. Nothing ever happened the few times I was in there, but knowing what I know now and where it happened I've lost all interest.

The Paranormal group is planning on coming late this year, maybe November or December.

Info From the 1880 US Census:
Milton Hobbs
First Name: Milton
Last Name: Hobbs
Age at Time of Census: 73
Race: White
Ethnicity: American
Estimated Birth Year: 1807
Birth Location: North Carolina
Residence: Fulton, Davie, NC
Relationship to Head of Household: Self
Other People in Household:
Julius Hobbs, age: 14
Bettie Hobbs, age: 45
Daniel Hobbs, age: 12
Susan Call, age: 18
Father Birthplace: Maryland, United States
Mother Birthplace: North Carolina, United States
Marital Status: Married
Spouse First Name: Bettie
Spouse Last Name: Hobbs
Spouse Birthplace: North Carolina, United States
Film Number: T9-0961
Line Number: 58
Collection: 1880 U.S. Federal Population Census

Ghost of the first ever nut-punch.

tsywake said:
MACdeac wrote: This thread was a great way to kill an hour of time... I really want someone to go stay in the house one night (preferably someone who is neutral on ghost beliefs) and report back... This is fascinating..

We are still waiting on the former inhabitants to remove all of their belongings before we do anything. I've been in the house a few times, and honestly I have zero interest in going back. Nothing ever happened the few times I was in there, but knowing what I know now and where it happened I've lost all interest.

The Paranormal group is planning on coming late this year, maybe November or December.

Would you really be interested in letting one of these brave souls on the board spend a night in there once all the stuff is removed? I think it would be awesome to have them take in a camera and report back with what happened...

Can you drink in the house? Maybe the ghosts are just tired of lame-o churchies?

Would you really be interested in letting one of these brave souls on the board spend a night in there once all the stuff is removed? I think it would be awesome to have them take in a camera and report back with what happened...

After all their stuff is removed and we've identified what if anything is there, we have discussed renting the house out. Potentially one night at a time, and advertising it as haunted. If that is the case, then anyone is more than welcome to stay in there. I think it would be kind of cool to write and develop a history that people read prior to staying the night. Might get their senses hightened.

Regardless of whether or not it turns out the house is haunted, there have been a strange amount of children that have died in that house. Since Dr Hobbs worked in a time of house visits and people bringing their sick loved ones to his home, there is no telling how many people have died in that house.

After all their stuff is removed and we've identified what if anything is there, we have discussed renting the house out. Potentially one night at a time, and advertising it as haunted. If that is the case, then anyone is more than welcome to stay in there. I think it would be kind of cool to write and develop a history that people read prior to staying the night. Might get their senses hightened.

Regardless of whether or not it turns out the house is haunted, there have been a strange amount of children that have died in that house. Since Dr Hobbs worked in a time of house visits and people bringing their sick loved ones to his home, there is no telling how many people have died in that house.

Of course we do have to acknowledge that medical knowledge in the mid 1800's wasn't the greatest and there weren't the vaccinations we have today, so it wasn't uncommon for young children to die of things like diphtheria, whooping cough, and measles. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if there were several ghosts/spirits around that house due to so many folks dying there. :eek:

Milt is NOT going to like being a side show... Which is perfect. He is going to flip a shit

Back